Pages:
Author

Topic: Genesis Mining Presents: SGMiner-GM - now with Zawawa's GG! [Updated 17/01/2017] - page 19. (Read 140378 times)

Activity: 142
Merit: 10
great results on XMR on rx400 !
comparing to claymore 9.7 its about 10% less power and also few % more hashes.

there seems to be a bug of sorts - sometimes fans on rx400 jump to a 100%, which only reboot cures.
that's no way to go... (I'm not touching fan/temp/clock controls from the miner at all and never seen this issue before, now it's happened on 3 different rigs while testing this miner on xmr)

there're also some issues with "gpu-platform". I had integrated intel enabled and setting it to "1" didnt help until I uninstalled driver for intel and after reboot it started to see AMD instead of Intel on gpu-platform =1

same fan problem happens with Wolf0s and Claymore xmr miners on 16.2.9 , it got better after upgrading to 16.10.3 for me.
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
great results on XMR on rx400 !
comparing to claymore 9.7 its about 10% less power and also few % more hashes.

there seems to be a bug of sorts - sometimes fans on rx400 jump to a 100%, which only reboot cures.
that's no way to go... (I'm not touching fan/temp/clock controls from the miner at all and never seen this issue before, now it's happened on 3 different rigs while testing this miner on xmr)

there're also some issues with "gpu-platform". I had integrated intel enabled and setting it to "1" didnt help until I uninstalled driver for intel and after reboot it started to see AMD instead of Intel on gpu-platform =1
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
i like you all, and wish everyone make a lot of money  Grin
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
(XMR) Curious version... after 5.5.4 works fine, I get now something like "card X crashed - will be disabled" for every of my four cards. So hashrate = 0.0, no more useable with my RIG. Roll Eyes
Did you try to reboot? Furthermore we can't fix any bug with ZERO information.
Activity: 642
Merit: 292
(XMR) Curious version... after 5.5.4 works fine, I get now something like "card X crashed - will be disabled" for every of my four cards. So hashrate = 0.0, no more useable with my RIG. Roll Eyes
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
Posts like these - even if unintentionally malicious - just make us really sad, and reconsider why we bother putting development hours into it.

This reminds me of the following words by Mother Teresa: "If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.  Be kind anyway."  I don't mean to sound preachy or anything, but I can certainly relate to how you feel.
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
Genesis Mining wasn't going to upgrade this shit, glad Zawawa is actually doing some good stuff.  Zawawa please stay away from allowing GM to ride your coattail and Advertise your work to promote their cloud mining

Oh no! I am most grateful for all the hard work the staff at GM put into sgminer, which may not be readily visible to users but actually quite substantial in my eyes. I don't even think my miner would be that useful without their work to be honest with you. After all, we have to draw a fine line somewhere between profitability and collective good, and there is nothing wrong with that.
Btw latest stable kernel is 4.9.4 https://www.kernel.org/
tried again eth - 100% H/W erros
tried cryptonight - not able to connect to pool (moneropool)

We need to go deeper.

UPD: here it seems to be a fix from Philipp Otterbein - https://github.com/genesismining/sgminer-gm/commit/d19635659eaebe3f19e011ed524928615529d474
For those who suffered from fans dissapearing.
No, that doesn't fix it. It's a config issue and I need to update some other parts of the code, i.e. the kernel dislikes clocks like gpu-engine being set to 0, and gpu-powertune isn't supported by all kernels.
Edit: At least the invalid clock settings should be fixed on master. gpu-powertune needs to removed from the config on systems that do not support it.
I guess that you're using AMDGPU PRO 16.50. It does not like the eth-kernel. Maybe it helps to delete the old *.bin files and to delete line 2 in kernel/ethash.cl.

This XMR-config works for me:
Code:
{
    "pools":
    [
        {
            "name": "XMR",
            "url": "stratum+tcp://pool.minexmr.com:4444",
            "user": "48gdNRRgharDezeC2ytzEeQNKY8gyoLgcfGXg8md75y23UhVXR96zRZFAYRajDTbixaFJQy3UjWYo53AwtoGeKTz1nePts6",
            "pass": "x",
            "priority": "0",
            "profile": "xmr"
        }
    ],
    "profiles":
    [
        {
            "name": "xmr",
            "algorithm": "cryptonight",
            "rawintensity": "896",
            "worksize": "8",
            "gpu-threads": "1"
        }
    ],
    "default-profile": "xmr",
    "no-extranonce": true,
    "gpu-platform": "-1"
}
Activity: 47
Btw latest stable kernel is 4.9.4 https://www.kernel.org/
tried again eth - 100% H/W erros
tried cryptonight - not able to connect to pool (moneropool)

We need to go deeper.

UPD: here it seems to be a fix from Philipp Otterbein - https://github.com/genesismining/sgminer-gm/commit/d19635659eaebe3f19e011ed524928615529d474
For those who suffered from fans dissapearing.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Genesis Mining wasn't going to upgrade this shit, glad Zawawa is actually doing some good stuff.  Zawawa please stay away from allowing GM to ride your coattail and Advertise your work to promote their cloud mining

Oh no! GM put Zawawa's work together with a miner with monitoring and an API! So horrid, I can see why you think they're bad.
After moving from 5.5.4 to 5.5.5, it no longer shows gpu temp or fan speed. This is on lubuntu 16.04, amdgpu-pro 16.40, AMDSDK 3.0. And yes, I did move the required files to ADL_SDK. Any thoughts?
Hi, the difference between 5.5.4 and 5.5.5 is that the sysfs files are now opened by using the PCIe topology, i.e. if the miner fails to open the required files, then it should output something like "Failed to open /sys/bus/pci/devices/..." during startup when debugging is enabled. This was necessary in order to have the correct mapping between one GPU and it's sysfs files. Maybe you disabled this kind of GPU control during startup, i.e. just don't use --no-adl or "no-adl": true as command line argument or in the config file, if you want to have this information.
Edit: The ADL headers are no longer needed, if the binaries are used together with the AMDGPU driver.
Edit2: I figured out that gpu-powertune needs to be removed from the config if you're not using kernel 4.9 or later.
Activity: 199
Merit: 108
Look, I'm really not that interesting. Promise.

Oh no! GM put Zawawa's work together with a miner with monitoring and an API! So horrid, I can see why you think they're bad.

Maybe I am wrong but I was thinking that Zawawa put his code into SGminer and was not aware that you put it into SGminer.  If that is correct I apologize.

It is correct and that is fine. No problem! An honest mistake.

I know Genesis Mining gets a lot of shit, but they're doing their hardest to make the community happy. Posts like these - even if unintentionally malicious - just make us really sad, and reconsider why we bother putting development hours into it.

Just food for thought. I understand you meant no ill will, and that's okay. Just for others reading, do take note - your words are powerful tools. They have the power to make or break projects.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 562
I am using now sgminer-gm 5.5.5 and here's the result..

3 RX 480 8gb Stock with Crimson Relive 17.1.1.. Im now mining zcash/zcl

My bat:
Code:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_MAX_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_MAX_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

sgminer.exe -k equihash -o zcl-apac.suprnova.cc:4042 -u john1010.MyPC -p x -I 24 -g 2 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8192 --lookup-gap 2 --vectors 1 --gpu-platform 0 --gpu-threads 2 --gpu-fan 74

I don't know if I done this right, if you guys a good bat config/sgminer confg kindly share your idea.. Thanks

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Well, I was able to make zcash mining work at 210 h/s for RX 480 8Gb at stock.
Eth makes cry me hardware errors still.
There were a lot of warnings during compiling mostly about version 5.5.4 -> 5.5.5 change
But it looks like I have to dive into the details.

There's supposed to be a few HW errors, maybe one or two per minute on Eth.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

Maybe I am wrong but I was thinking that Zawawa put his code into SGminer and was not aware that you put it into SGminer.  If that is correct I apologize.
Activity: 24
After moving from 5.5.4 to 5.5.5, it no longer shows gpu temp or fan speed. This is on lubuntu 16.04, amdgpu-pro 16.40, AMDSDK 3.0. And yes, I did move the required files to ADL_SDK. Any thoughts?
Activity: 305
Merit: 250
How do you mine xmr?
Here only I get W / H error

Something wrong with your hardware/ launch configuration.

I do not know, maybe it could be
Can you tell me how you wrote the commands in the miner?
Read that first post in this thread, set everything to default. If you still get only h/w errors there must be something wrong with your h/w.

All other programs normally run only the one that fails
I'm using this line

sgminer  -k ethash -o eth.pool.minergate.com:45791 -u you_email -p x
You need xmr.conf file, copy/paste below (from op), edit to your needs.

Then launch with command sgminer -c xmr.conf

Code:
{
    "pools":
    [
        {
            "name": "MoneroPool",
            "url": "stratum+tcp://mine.moneropool.com:3333",
            "user": "x",
            "pass": "x",
            "priority": "0",
            "profile": "xmr"
        }
    ],
    "profiles":
    [
        {
            "name": "xmr",
            "algorithm": "cryptonight",
            "rawintensity": "1024",
            "worksize": "8",
            "gpu-engine": "1000,1050,1050,1000",
            "gpu-memclock": "1500,500,1500,1500",
            "gpu-powertune": "20,50,50,50",
            "gpu-threads": "1",
            "gpu-fan": "100"
        }
    ],
    "default-profile": "xmr",
    "no-submit-stale": true,
    "no-extranonce": true
}

You can particularly see your file. Do not send the first page only.

Would like setup for etc / eth
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
I would really appreciate a config file or command line batch file for anyone using this with windows, 280x or 7970, for XMR.
Thanks.
Activity: 199
Merit: 108
Look, I'm really not that interesting. Promise.
There were a lot of warnings during compiling mostly about version 5.5.4 -> 5.5.5 change

Tell me please! Will there be a version for Windows? Thank you very much in advance.

It's already posted, hon. Here!

I'll update the main post soon.

I'm working on adding NiceHash support right now, though, fair warning: I cannot test it until I get back from travels.
Activity: 15

Tell me please! Will there be a version for Windows? Thank you very much in advance.
Pages:
Jump to: