Pages:
Author

Topic: Genesis Mining Presents: SGMiner-GM - now with Zawawa's GG! [Updated 17/01/2017] - page 29. (Read 140412 times)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
is it possible to ethereum solo mining with SGMiner-GM  ?  and how ? for example geth runing on 192.168.1.10

I HAVEN'T TRIED IT--

If you search CryptoMining-Blog.com, you will find a guide to solo-mining Ethereum.  In it, there are technical details on how to launch Geth for solo-mining.  Simply point Sgminier-gm at your address, and try it.

I'd go into more detail, but unless you have a small farm of GPUs, it is near pointless to solo-mine Ethereum now.  More than a year ago, I mined a couple blocks of ETH with Ethminer when there were no open pools.  As soon as pools opened, hitting a block became very unlikely.  For the articles on Ethereum mining, look at August-September 2015.       --scryptr

Solo minning of the Etheruem is not very realistic now. The difficulty is rising fast, you can only do that if you big hash.
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
is it possible to ethereum solo mining with SGMiner-GM  ?  and how ? for example geth runing on 192.168.1.10

I HAVEN'T TRIED IT--

If you search CryptoMining-Blog.com, you will find a guide to solo-mining Ethereum.  In it, there are technical details on how to launch Geth for solo-mining.  Simply point Sgminier-gm at your address, and try it.

I'd go into more detail, but unless you have a small farm of GPUs, it is near pointless to solo-mine Ethereum now.  More than a year ago, I mined a couple blocks of ETH with Ethminer when there were no open pools.  As soon as pools opened, hitting a block became very unlikely.  For the articles on Ethereum mining, look at August-September 2015.       --scryptr
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1112
LLP Programming & Electronics
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Makes me wonder why they don't ? . I would think it would better that they should.

well that's my 2 470, those hw errors don't seem to hurt or effect them, i"m about to add two more 470's  . no memory errors im ware of , i guess i would know if i had memory errors like lots of crashing, the screen doing strange things.
the one with 64.0C 2461RPM is a ref card the other one is a nitro.the middle one is a r7 370 it's still usable .I'm looking for a h61 btc sense I have a LGA 1155 CPU not being used and start on my next rig and take my rigs 4 to 5 cards per rig and build maybe 4 rigs then go from there., i found a h61 btc, I was gonna buy today at a sweet price, ofc it sold, yesterday..on ebay .

thanks top

Code:
sgminer 5.3.0-gm - Started: [2016-10-18 11:15:33] - [0 days 13:39:04]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(5s):66.58M (avg):67.88Mh/s | A:3464000000000  R:0  HW:865  WU:67.088/m
ST: 1  SS: 6  NB: 3490  LW: 72771  GF: 0  RF: 0
Connected to us1.ethermine.org (stratum) diff 4G as user
Block: 382c7438...  Diff:0  Started: [00:54:13]  Best share: 4.16T
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[P]ool management [G]PU management [S]ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
GPU 0:  64.0C 2461RPM | 27.31M/27.36Mh/s | R:  0.0% HW:388 WU:26.914/m xI:1024
GPU 1:  52.0C 1858RPM | 13.13M/13.15Mh/s | R:  0.0% HW: 91 WU:13.042/m xI:1024
GPU 2:  50.0C 2683RPM | 26.02M/27.36Mh/s | R:  0.0% HW:386 WU:27.132/m xI:1024
[00:34:27] Accepted 0f4765cd Diff 9.74G/4G GPU 2
[00:34:30] Accepted 5f021886 Diff 4.39G/4G GPU 2
[00:37:11] Accepted 1d519762 Diff 9.46G/4G GPU 2
[00:37:42] Accepted 42a76eef Diff 12.6G/4G GPU 2
[00:38:08] Accepted 715dfeb3 Diff 18.2G/4G GPU 2
[00:40:26] Accepted 03dde3ae Diff 4.72G/4G GPU 0
[00:41:52] Accepted aaa300b6 Diff 8.07G/4G GPU 0
[00:42:15] Accepted cf951fcf Diff 60.8G/4G GPU 0
[00:43:23] Accepted fd8a5afb Diff 8.06G/4G GPU 1
[00:44:53] Accepted 2fe89512 Diff 8.5G/4G GPU 2
[00:45:45] Accepted 0379a1db Diff 9.4G/4G GPU 2
[00:47:10] Accepted f9a66ad6 Diff 4.61G/4G GPU 2
[00:47:36] Accepted 45401d4a Diff 11.4G/4G GPU 1
[00:47:38] Accepted 920698b9 Diff 11.5G/4G GPU 2
[00:48:31] Accepted 03869dd1 Diff 6.89G/4G GPU 0
[00:48:48] Accepted 1b8f6649 Diff 4.03G/4G GPU 1
Activity: 199
Merit: 108
Look, I'm really not that interesting. Promise.
so still no reason why so many hard ware error's . Ive been using the new version a few days again with lots of hw errors that don't seem to hurt or affect my cards just makes me nervous seeing  hw  error with video cards .if i use any other software i don't get them and with what ASIC miners i have left, i expect it.

I'm getting Claymore hash rate or better with this sw miner with HW errors, no fees and have been donating as i can .Smiley.

Keep in mind that other Eth miners don't report HW errors. You're still getting them with Claymore and Genoil; they're just not showing up.

I know that it seems scary, but HW errors are not a doom-and-gloom sign. Some are to be expected. 2-3. Sometimes 5. Lexele is having way more than I expect; I will look into that when I have a moment and see if I can find anything.

Just tested out the new version mining eth on Ubuntu 14.0.4.  I was confused at first since there was no .tgz extension on the file, until I realized it is just the sgminer ELF executable and not the full package including kernel files.  I'm using xI 896 and getting 27Mh from a R9 290x clocked at 950/1000 with a Stilt BIOS.
The 5.3.0 version had just failed again on the DAG change, so in 5 days we'll see if 5.4.0 is better.

Drat - I thought we fixed that bug.

Some versions of Genoil's miner do this too, but I haven't identified what causes it.  A build from my most recent commits handled the DAG change without a hiccup, while my build from ~2 months ago failed.
https://github.com/nerdralph/ethminer-nr/tree/110

Agh. It's so frustrating! I hate bugs like this. Thank you for the heads up though. Very curious.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
so still no reason why so many hard ware error's . Ive been using the new version a few days again with lots of hw errors that don't seem to hurt or affect my cards just makes me nervous seeing  hw  error with video cards .if i use any other software i don't get them and with what ASIC miners i have left, i expect it.

I'm getting Claymore hash rate or better with this sw miner with HW errors, no fees and have been donating as i can .Smiley.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
Just tested out the new version mining eth on Ubuntu 14.0.4.  I was confused at first since there was no .tgz extension on the file, until I realized it is just the sgminer ELF executable and not the full package including kernel files.  I'm using xI 896 and getting 27Mh from a R9 290x clocked at 950/1000 with a Stilt BIOS.
The 5.3.0 version had just failed again on the DAG change, so in 5 days we'll see if 5.4.0 is better.

Some versions of Genoil's miner do this too, but I haven't identified what causes it.  A build from my most recent commits handled the DAG change without a hiccup, while my build from ~2 months ago failed.
https://github.com/nerdralph/ethminer-nr/tree/110
Activity: 190
Merit: 100

I did test under windows with ETH, and yes I have memory errors (hwinfo) although there's is no direct correlation between increasing HW errors and memory errors. With wolf's xmr miner and claymore's ETH or Cryptonight I don't have memory errors at the same clock (2010 and 2000),though I will recheck that later

I downclocked to 1990 to see what happens that way.

I don't have memory errors anymore, but still 12 HW errors/h

After two hours, I stoped the miner and started it with lower intensity, It crashed after 5 minutes,computer reboot. Strange.

I did test under windows with ETH, and yes I have memory errors (hwinfo) although there's is no direct correlation between increasing HW errors and memory errors. With wolf's xmr miner and claymore's ETH or Cryptonight I don't have memory errors at the same clock (2010 and 2000),though I will recheck that later

I don't have memory errors anymore, but still 12 HW errors/h

The hardware error is quite large. So I have to reduce the intensity quite a lot. That will reduce the hash rate.
[/quote]

What card /settings do you use?

Oh! The (5s) will fluctuate - it's a five second average across all cards. The second line is your current hashrate.

Ok then, sorry.

Next I let it run for a while (like an our per run):

I run several tests decreasing from 1024/8 (1024/4 was bad). The best mark was 750 H/s with rI=1008. But when I came back after trying 1000 and 992 (and lower...), It didn't go over 737...

I tested 512/4 as you asked, very bad hashrate ~500 H/s.

After a while in each run I got HW errors  and the share count decreased. I will try to reproduce something similar under windows mining eth(unless xmr is running now?) to see if there's a correlation with memory errors.

Nota: Wolf's standalone xmr miner give's similar hashrate, but better share count.

Awesome, thank you for letting me know! I appreciate it so very, very much!

The HW errors don't seem to be normal. We'll sort that out once we have some time.

XMR isn't running on Windows still. I'm so sorry. Once we have a moment we'll fix it. We're swamped with preparing for ZCash's launch.

Activity: 3164
Merit: 660
Live with peace and enjoy life!

Oh! The (5s) will fluctuate - it's a five second average across all cards. The second line is your current hashrate.

Ok then, sorry.

I run several tests decreasing from 1024/8 (1024/4 was bad). The best mark was 750 H/s with rI=1008. But when I came back after trying 1000 and 992 (and lower...), It didn't go over 737...

After a while in each run I got HW errors  and the share count decreased. I will try to reproduce something similar under windows mining eth(unless xmr is running now?) to see if there's a correlation with memory errors.

Nota: Wolf's standalone xmr miner give's similar hashrate, but better share count.

The HW errors don't seem to be normal. We'll sort that out once we have some time.

XMR isn't running on Windows still. I'm so sorry. Once we have a moment we'll fix it. We're swamped with preparing for ZCash's launch.

The hardware error is quite large. So I have to reduce the intensity quite a lot. That will reduce the hash rate.

Ok then, sorry.

When changing clocks and other settings in a conf file do I need to do each gpu separate or can I use a comma like in a bat file I usually use windows so I use .bat files and only changed settings in .conf files a few times but now I'm trying out pimp and need to change clocks in the conf file

You can use a comma, or set one global clock for all your GPUs.

Ok then, sorry.

Activity: 906
Merit: 507
When changing clocks and other settings in a conf file do I need to do each gpu separate or can I use a comma like in a bat file I usually use windows so I use .bat files and only changed settings in .conf files a few times but now I'm trying out pimp and need to change clocks in the conf file
hi there,I gave it a go mining xmr (RX 470 1175/2010, rI:1000/WS: 8 )
I wonder if it's expected to have a wide range of fluctuation, with current settings from 600 to 850 H/S ?
tx.

Can you try your rawintensity as 512, and set your worksize to 4, and tell me what you get?

Using the formula I posted (which is a reference, but not the rule), you'd be best to work with 1024 - and then, and this applies to everyone - work down in increments of 8, until you stop improving.

So many variables come into play here: cache, latency, overall speed, bandwidth. I know it's frustrating to spend so much time tweaking it. But it's the best advice I can offer you.

You are currently the only user reporting the fluctuating hash rates, so, if anyone else is having this issue, please, speak up!

Just to be sure I'm reading the right output, it's like that:

(5s): n (avg:) m H/s
GPU0: x / y H/s

n is the one fluctuating in the 200 H/s range. The others are quite stable.

BTW why is there a difference between the two lines, I would have expected them to be equal with one card only, but they're not.

hi there,I gave it a go mining xmr (RX 470 1175/2010, rI:1000/WS: 8 )
I wonder if it's expected to have a wide range of fluctuation, with current settings from 600 to 850 H/S ?
tx.

Can you try your rawintensity as 512, and set your worksize to 4, and tell me what you get?

Using the formula I posted (which is a reference, but not the rule), you'd be best to work with 1024 - and then, and this applies to everyone - work down in increments of 8, until you stop improving.

So many variables come into play here: cache, latency, overall speed, bandwidth. I know it's frustrating to spend so much time tweaking it. But it's the best advice I can offer you.

You are currently the only user reporting the fluctuating hash rates, so, if anyone else is having this issue, please, speak up!

Just to be sure I'm reading the right output, it's like that:

(5s): n (avg:) m H/s
GPU0: x / y H/s

n is the one fluctuating in the 200 H/s range. The others are quite stable.

BTW why is there a difference between the two lines, I would have expected them to be equal with one card only, but they're not.
Just tested out the new version mining eth on Ubuntu 14.0.4.  I was confused at first since there was no .tgz extension on the file, until I realized it is just the sgminer ELF executable and not the full package including kernel files.  I'm using xI 896 and getting 27Mh from a R9 290x clocked at 950/1000 with a Stilt BIOS.

Once I get a breather on the weekend, I will look into this; I will also package the files appropriately. It's a pre-release version for testing. Doesn't mean I need to get sloppy! ^^

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
Pages:
Jump to: