Pages:
Author

Topic: Genesis Mining Presents: SGMiner-GM - now with Zawawa's GG! [Updated 17/01/2017] - page 28. (Read 140412 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
It's interesting how w0lf work under both branches: https://github.com/nicehash/sgminer/compare/master...genesismining:master
And it seems that both versions of sgminer (Nicehash and Genesis) would get Zcash support:
+### November, 2016
+
++ Integrate ZCash Miner with Stratum Support
++ Polish and Optimize SilentArmy
++ Add fan control and temperature monitoring,
++ Clean up, and combine, the ZCash, Ethereum and XMR branches.

At least roadmaps contains such mentions.
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
Well it seems that Claymore will make such a good idea of renewing sgminer senseless.
As none can reach it's performance.
Are you sure Wink

I have to correct myself as Claymore's miner is no longer performance leader.
Just found this one: https://github.com/Optiminer/OptiminerZcash
Well, it gives smth like 135 sol/s for RX480 at stock clocks 1288/2000

I hope the sgminer-gm will achieve similar performance.

That is right. But the Claymore miner has more features and it is more reliable. So it is dfficult to decide.

if you know were to look to find the read me online this one is better and does more just got know how to use it but no Zcash support i see yet. this one is more reliable or can be if they would update it more like they said they were but no such luck . so your statement is very true unless they do more updates.

"GETTING READY FOR ZCASH"--

Not too far back in this thread, there was a statement about "getting ready for Zcash".  I hope that means that the Equihash algorithm will be added soon.  Sgminer is a standard, there is a lot of 3rd-party support for this miner.       --scryptr
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Well it seems that Claymore will make such a good idea of renewing sgminer senseless.
Are you sure Wink

That is right. But the Claymore miner has more features and it is more reliable. So it is dfficult to decide.

if you know were to look to find the read me online this one is better and does more just got know how to use it but no Zcash support i see yet. this one is more reliable or can be if they would update it more like they said they were but no such luck . so your statement is very true unless they do more updates.
Activity: 64
I wonder what miner do Genesis use?

That could be 10% faster than the public ones. They need to make some profit and also earn some reputation.
I wonder what miner do Genesis use?
Are you sure Wink

Are you sure Wink

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
are you sure ?. yup agree  there is all ways one better .

i guess your not watching the silent army post. what claymore is based off of.
Activity: 610
Merit: 500
Are you sure Wink

for the time being, it Genesis has a faster miner, it will keep it to itself to get the highest profit possible.

Isn't it better to switch to Nicehash then?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046
This software is only for AMD GPUs ?
No nVidias GPUs ?
It seems that Genesis is late with their zcash support.
As NiceHash and plenty of individual devs (like Claymore) already released their miners already.
When can we expect to take a look at fresh version?

for the time being, it Genesis has a faster miner, it will keep it to itself to get the highest profit possible.
It seems that Genesis is late with their zcash support.
As NiceHash and plenty of individual devs (like Claymore) already released their miners already.
When can we expect to take a look at fresh version?
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
is there a estimate for the updated windows build thanks
legendary
is anyone still using the 280x oc cards? ...

im interested to know what hashrate they get ...

and tanx scryptr for pointing me to this thread ...

#crysx

ABOUT 530H/s FOR XMR--

Here is the link to my post:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16584279

The 280X cards are overclocked 1100 core/ 1500 mem.  Stock clocks are 1030/1500.  Any higher and they crash.       --scryptr
Activity: 364
Merit: 260
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
is anyone still using the 280x oc cards? ...

im interested to know what hashrate they get ...

and tanx scryptr for pointing me to this thread ...

#crysx
legendary
MINING XMR ON NICEHASH--

Are there any plans to implement the NiceHash extranonce requirments for the CryptoNight (XMR) algorithm?   Sgminer-gm hashes well on XMR, but I have not been able to mine at NiceHash.  They have specific extranonce requirements for XMR.       --scryptr
Activity: 5
Can anyone explain how to get this to run in UBUNTU with amdgpu-pro_16.30.3-315407  or what other stuff i need installed under Ubuntu when i use this line  with SSH or on the PC with UBUNTU all it does is nothing and goes to the next line no errors etc.

Code:
cd /opt/sgminer
./sgminer-gm-xmr-ubuntu64 -c sgminer.conf

even tried

Code:
cd /opt/sgminer
./start_sgminer.sh

and tried

Code:
cd /opt/sgminer
./sgminer-gm-xmr-ubuntu64

and with  5.3 all the same ways .

NM its a driver issue i got it to  show a error of whats going on the dam drivers won't install right under Ubuntu . sigh.

Got it working with Ubuntu 16.10 .

I just got this working with window 10 using Bash on Ubuntu on Windows following this http://betanews.com/2016/04/12/linux-apps-windows-10/ Warning if all you ever used was windows you will have to learn some basic Linux commands

its working great so far ),

Ubuntu 16.04 and 16.10 are very buggy.  The primary code base of SGMINER was originally created ages ago.  While it continues to be improved upon it still seems to work best on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.  I am running my rigs on Ubuntu 14.04.  They are all 6X Custom built GPU rigs and are AMD RX4XX Model GPU's using the AMD GPU Pro driver.  So yes.  the RX series of drivers works perfectly on Ubuntu 14.04.  You simply have to manually update your kernel to the Xeniel kernel prior to installing AMD GPU PRO.  I'm about to do a pull on the repository to make some modifications to the code base.  I may even fork it.  The biggest thing I want to add is GPU Fan Monitoring (Trivial code if you've mastered linux) and the ability to set target temperatures.  With other miners I have been running a separate program along side the mining program for this.  But since the API is open source as well it should be easy to apply a patch for AMD GPU PRO users.

I've tried the latest 4.8.1 STABLE (Yeah Right) linux kernel and just built the 4.9RC1 kernel.  Both have a lot of issues with USB devices.  But when they fix one thing they break another.  I wish AMD would work with the FreeBSD project to develop kernel level drivers for polaris because the BSD kernel is far more secure and stable.  Makes since being an original fork of Berkley's Unix code prior to them selling it to AT&T.  The sad part is I remember when at&t sued the BSD project for using the code they purchased from the University of Berkley.  OSx is a forked branch of FreeBSD and under the BSD license they were allowed to close the source but I suspect they havent made many kernel level changes.

As far as this miner is concerned I like it a lot because after I've customized it I'll be able to change settings for all of my miners in real time including what pool their running on and what they are mining.  I need to play around with the OpenCL kernel source as well.  In genoils cuda code he added a shuffle but never implemented it in OpenCL.  It increased performance on nVidia cards and I know the technique has worked well on other algorithms.  Also I remember reading in an earlier forum months ago that Wolf0 was working on an implementation of the shuffle in his private kernel.  I suspect that will get me close to the private kernels code base.

My current results for one of my rigs:
6 RX470's (Latest Models with Samsung VRAM)
    - Customized VBIOS
        * Adjusted Memory Timings
        * Adjusted Core Clocks
        * Adjusted Memory Clocks
Personal fork of Ubuntu Server
    - Stripped Down
        * Removed all unneeded drivers
        * No Xorg
        * Runs sshd
        * PXE Boots (Installs over the network)
        * Automatically configures itself by sending requests to my custom developed BSD configuration server
        * Custom written C++ application with/api to monitor and adjust AMD fan speeds (The clocks are set in my bios')
        * Designed to run completely headless and be managed remotely
Platinum Power Supply

Current Mining Results:
Wall Wattage: 853 W/h (7.10833333 Amps)
System Wattage After Power supply: 785 W/h (6.54166667 Amps)
Electricity Price: $0.05 Kwh
System Electricity Cost(From Wall): $0.04265 Per Hour
Hash Rate Per Card: 26.88 Mh/s
System Hash Rate: 161.28 (STABLE)
ETH Per Hour: 0.027896
USD Per Hour (As Of Right Now): $0.33
ROI: 773% Per Hour @ Current Efficiencies.
Efficiency Rating: 4.867 W/h : 1 Mhs
GPU Temperature: 53 Degrees Celsius

Total Number Of Rigs: Not Disclosed
Total Hashrate Of All Rigs Combined: Not Disclosed Smiley
Other GPU's Utilized: Not Disclosed

I'm having my local electric company install a new circuit on site at my computational cluster.  After consulting with some data center engineers a 208V circuit will make these numbers even better.  I've got to get all the pre-electrical work done first.  I hope all of you enjoy the code i'll release in the next week for this miner so it will monitor and adjust fan speeds based on a target temperature.

If anyone is interested I would be happy to make you a customized BIOS to achieve similar or better results depending on your hardware (And if I have that model of card for testing).  Also, I write custom software and hold a D.Comp.Sci. so if anyone needs any other custom development work done I can assist with that as well.  I programmed to the point that my farm is fully automated utilizing C, C++, PHP, PostgreSQL, and many other development technologies.  I even wrote a customized hedging my assets with leverage while earning a ROI on loans Wink

I hope some of what has been discussed here will help some of you.  Ive been a developer prior to Windows 16 bit 3.1 when the Organ Trail was on 8 X 5 1/4 " Floppies LOL.

Oh I have a couple of old cards for sale:
2 R9 390X 8GB Models
4 R9 380 4GB Models

I havent listed them on ebay yet because I have them in a rig currently but I did go back to stock firmware on them since they are the last of my R9 series and I had been preparing for 9 months prior to the RX series to be released to rapidly upgrade.  The 390X's on this mining software easily get 33-35 Mhs so they are still very profitable.  I'm just going green  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: