Pages:
Author

Topic: Genesis Mining Presents: SGMiner-GM - now with Zawawa's GG! [Updated 17/01/2017] - page 30. (Read 140412 times)

Activity: 906
Merit: 507
Activity: 199
Merit: 108
Look, I'm really not that interesting. Promise.
hi there,I gave it a go mining xmr (RX 470 1175/2010, rI:1000/WS: 8 )
I wonder if it's expected to have a wide range of fluctuation, with current settings from 600 to 850 H/S ?
tx.

Can you try your rawintensity as 512, and set your worksize to 4, and tell me what you get?

Using the formula I posted (which is a reference, but not the rule), you'd be best to work with 1024 - and then, and this applies to everyone - work down in increments of 8, until you stop improving.

So many variables come into play here: cache, latency, overall speed, bandwidth. I know it's frustrating to spend so much time tweaking it. But it's the best advice I can offer you.

You are currently the only user reporting the fluctuating hash rates, so, if anyone else is having this issue, please, speak up!
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
I wonder if it's expected to have a wide range of fluctuation, with current settings from 600 to 850 H/S ?
tx.

MY HASH RATES WERE STEADY--

The hash rates on my four card R9 280X rig stayed close to 530H/s per card during the half-hour mining run reported above.       --scryptr

tx, then I guess I should change my parameters, I already tried lower intensity and lower mem clock, no real change a part for lower hashrate.
Any clue anybody?
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
tx.

MY HASH RATES WERE STEADY--

The hash rates on my four card R9 280X rig stayed close to 530H/s per card during the half-hour mining run reported above.       --scryptr
Activity: 190
tx.
CRYPTONIGHT SUCCESS!!! --

I am successfully mining CryptoNight at about 530H/s per GPU with my R9 280X GPUs.  However, to do this, I had to  copy the entire "kernel" directory cloned from git into the current release folder.  v5.4 (dev) is not a drop-in replacement for v5.3 (final).  Your configuration was solid, I merely substituted my own pool preference and Monero address.

The miner will attempt to compile a binary with ckolivas if it is simply dropped into the v5.3 folder.  This isn't a hard-hang end, but hard hangs will result if the user tries to copy missing *.cl files one-at-a-tiime from the current git "kernel" folder.

With your configuration settings,  sgminer-gm is hashing CryptoNight 30H/s faster than Wolf's other XMR project did for me.  Any suggestions for tweaking?  Worksize of 8?       --scryptr

Worksize of 8 can be used, but make sure to change gpu-threads to 1 then (instead of 2). See how that goes for you.

The master branch has been updated to 5.4. All users should be using it, instead of just dropping in the updated sgminer - that doesn't work. Tweaks are made to a lot of files. The easiest way is to download the entirety of the branch, or, use the Linux files that were posted on the release. Always do a 'clean install', so to speak.
legendary
CRYPTONIGHT SUCCESS!!! --

I am successfully mining CryptoNight at about 530H/s per GPU with my R9 280X GPUs.  However, to do this, I had to  copy the entire "kernel" directory cloned from git into the current release folder.  v5.4 (dev) is not a drop-in replacement for v5.3 (final).  Your configuration was solid, I merely substituted my own pool preference and Monero address.

The miner will attempt to compile a binary with ckolivas if it is simply dropped into the v5.3 folder.  This isn't a hard-hang end, but hard hangs will result if the user tries to copy missing *.cl files one-at-a-tiime from the current git "kernel" folder.

With your configuration settings,  sgminer-gm is hashing CryptoNight 30H/s faster than Wolf's other XMR project did for me.  Any suggestions for tweaking?  Worksize of 8?       --scryptr

EDIT:  CRYPTONIGHT FOLLOW-UP--

Below is a summary of mining data from sgminer-gm:

4 R9 280X GPUs mining with sgminer-gm v5.4 (dev) with fglrx drivers under Ubuntu 14.04.

Good results for a half hour!       --scryptr

I'd like to ask the community, though - what coin would you like to see next for SGMiner-GM?

ZCash would be awesome, but i am aware it's highly improbable
XMR support has been added!

Keep in mind folks, this is a pre-release version. Currently, there is a bug with Windows where it crashes upon mining. We're able to reproduce it, but not able to find it.

I'd like to ask the community, though - what coin would you like to see next for SGMiner-GM?

I'm getting steady 30MH/s on each Fury X on stock clocks (1050/500). Claymore's can only get about 28MH.
A 390 at 1040Mhz gets 29Mh, with some overclocking I can surely can 32-33MH, but my cards warm up too much. Definitely the best miner out there.

The only issue I can spot is the CPU usage, which makes this miner basically worthless on weak CPUs. I couldn't run it on a single-core AMD CPU and a friend of mine had his rig crashing with a dual core Celeron installed. most mining rigs have very weak CPUs, and if this miner gets updated to support them, I am sure it will get much more traction.

Has it been determined that this issues running on systems with weak CPUs is real? Is there a fix coming?  I am wondering if this is the problem I am having on my multi-gpu mining rigs.  One GPU run at the right hash rate while the others run at half.  No matter what I do with the settings I cannot resolve this issue.  Both rigs have single core AMD CPUs.  I would love to use sgminer with its RPC capabilities but I am not going to invest in bigger CPUs for it.

Thanks.

If you search Wolf0's post in this thread, you will find that he posted a fix for the CPU usage bug.

Here it is again for those that don't want to look back through the thread.  I can confirm it no longer hogs the CPU on one core.
https://ottrbutt.com/miner/downloads/sgminer-gm/sgminer-gm-wolf-09222016.zip

copy sgminer.exe from the zip to the existing install directory.

I've gone ahead and added Wolf's fixed sgminer.exe to the release page, here: https://github.com/genesismining/sgminer-gm/releases/tag/5.3.0-gm

I would like to see the bugs in the current version fixed. sometimes it just says "found a block" at random times. additionally the miner has a bug where it stops showing the hashrates and shares if click on the miner's window. other than that it's a great miner.

Maybe Zcash? I'm sure it will make it really popular.

Zcash is not improbable. However, we wouldn't have something available on Zcash's launch. We'll look into it. I can't promise anything, but I can't deny we won't add it, either.

Keep in mind folks, this is a pre-release version. Currently, there is a bug with Windows where it crashes upon mining. We're able to reproduce it, but not able to find it.

I'm getting steady 30MH/s on each Fury X on stock clocks (1050/500). Claymore's can only get about 28MH.
A 390 at 1040Mhz gets 29Mh, with some overclocking I can surely can 32-33MH, but my cards warm up too much. Definitely the best miner out there.

The only issue I can spot is the CPU usage, which makes this miner basically worthless on weak CPUs. I couldn't run it on a single-core AMD CPU and a friend of mine had his rig crashing with a dual core Celeron installed. most mining rigs have very weak CPUs, and if this miner gets updated to support them, I am sure it will get much more traction.

Has it been determined that this issues running on systems with weak CPUs is real? Is there a fix coming?  I am wondering if this is the problem I am having on my multi-gpu mining rigs.  One GPU run at the right hash rate while the others run at half.  No matter what I do with the settings I cannot resolve this issue.  Both rigs have single core AMD CPUs.  I would love to use sgminer with its RPC capabilities but I am not going to invest in bigger CPUs for it.

Thanks.

If you search Wolf0's post in this thread, you will find that he posted a fix for the CPU usage bug.

Here it is again for those that don't want to look back through the thread.  I can confirm it no longer hogs the CPU on one core.

I've gone ahead and added Wolf's fixed sgminer.exe to the release page, here: https://github.com/genesismining/sgminer-gm/releases/tag/5.3.0-gm

SEGMENTATION FAULTS  WITH CRYPTONIGHT--

Segmentation faults and a hard reboot result when attempting to mine CryptoNight under Ubuntu 14.04 with R9 280X GPUs.  The archives on the release page do not contain "cryptonight.cl", and while I was able to dig the file out of the git source, I was not able to mine successfully.

I took the solo Ubuntu binary from the opening page, substituted it in the miner directory, sourced "cryptonight.cl" from git, and was able to boot the miner and generate "bin" files, but then I got a hard hang requiring a reboot.  The error message stated "Error 61...".  Taking a clue from Wolf's other XMR project, I used work sizes of 8 and 16, with xIntensities of 320, 640, and 1024.  Lots of reboots and USB riser jiggling.

A sample configuration file for mining CryptoNight with this miner would be helpful.  I simply adapted the sample Ethereum configuration, setting "cryptonight" algo as default for a single pool.       --scryptr

EDIT:  I am able to mine with Wolf's other XMR project, but not on NiceHash.  NiceHash has specific extranonce requirements for CryptoNight.       --scryptr

First: Cryptonight.cl is in the directory.
Second: Intensity of 320 will kill your 280x. Please don't use that. That's a RawIntensity of 32x64x320. That's 655360! That is a hell of a lot of work for your poor GPU.
Third: You're not mining successfully because of your settings. Don't reuse settings from Wolf's other projects with sgminer-gm. They're two separate entities. One is a custom made, stand-alone miner. The other is, well, sgminer.
Fourth: Don't ever use xIntensity. Rawintensity only. Try 448, move upwards from there.

The formula for rawintensity is  #(CUs) x worksize x 4 - so, for a 280x, you'd have 32 x 4 x 4. That gives us 512. Now, keep in mind, memory latency and bandwidth will come into play here, so you will need to tinker.

Here is a sample configuration:

Code:
{
    "pools": [{
        "name": "MoneroWorld",
        "url": "stratum+tcp://pool.minexmr.com:4444",
        "user": "41dPExBcrTjHU5fY41NLeKN3Zm6JFmxcC5BiEzGXC2WH1mj9hQV1VzLVcxeQVxavdURzXNCHmXLSgeH7KEfzLUFhPhidXJB",
        "pass": "x",
        "profile": "xmr"
    }],
    "profiles": [{
            "name": "xmr",
            "algorithm": "cryptonight",
            "rawintensity": "448",
            "worksize": "4",
            "gpu-threads": "2"
    }],
    "default-profile": "xmr",
    "no-extranonce": true
}

legendary

Thanks.

SEGMENTATION FAULTS  WITH CRYPTONIGHT--

Segmentation faults and a hard reboot result when attempting to mine CryptoNight under Ubuntu 14.04 with R9 280X GPUs.  The archives on the release page do not contain "cryptonight.cl", and while I was able to dig the file out of the git source, I was not able to mine successfully.

I took the solo Ubuntu binary from the opening page, substituted it in the miner directory, sourced "cryptonight.cl" from git, and was able to boot the miner and generate "bin" files, but then I got a hard hang requiring a reboot.  The error message stated "Error 61...".  Taking a clue from Wolf's other XMR project, I used work sizes of 8 and 16, with xIntensities of 320, 640, and 1024.  Lots of reboots and USB riser jiggling.

A sample configuration file for mining CryptoNight with this miner would be helpful.  I simply adapted the sample Ethereum configuration, setting "cryptonight" algo as default for a single pool.       --scryptr

EDIT:  I am able to mine with Wolf's other XMR project, but not on NiceHash.  NiceHash has specific extranonce requirements for CryptoNight.       --scryptr
YIz
Activity: 686
Merit: 502

Has it been determined that this issues running on systems with weak CPUs is real? Is there a fix coming?  I am wondering if this is the problem I am having on my multi-gpu mining rigs.  One GPU run at the right hash rate while the others run at half.  No matter what I do with the settings I cannot resolve this issue.  Both rigs have single core AMD CPUs.  I would love to use sgminer with its RPC capabilities but I am not going to invest in bigger CPUs for it.

Thanks.

Here it is again for those that don't want to look back through the thread.  I can confirm it no longer hogs the CPU on one core.

I would like to see the bugs in the current version fixed. sometimes it just says "found a block" at random times. additionally the miner has a bug where it stops showing the hashrates and shares if click on the miner's window. other than that it's a great miner.

Maybe Zcash? I'm sure it will make it really popular.
Activity: 428
Merit: 250
Inactivity: 8963

ZCash would be awesome, but i am aware it's highly improbable
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?

Has it been determined that this issues running on systems with weak CPUs is real? Is there a fix coming?  I am wondering if this is the problem I am having on my multi-gpu mining rigs.  One GPU run at the right hash rate while the others run at half.  No matter what I do with the settings I cannot resolve this issue.  Both rigs have single core AMD CPUs.  I would love to use sgminer with its RPC capabilities but I am not going to invest in bigger CPUs for it.

Thanks.

Here it is again for those that don't want to look back through the thread.  I can confirm it no longer hogs the CPU on one core.

I bet 97% of the replies to this question will be "Zcash" :p

Wolf's latest .exe indeed works a lot better. Good that it's included.

Greetings

Thanks.

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
Activity: 882
Merit: 506

Thanks.

Thanks.  I will give it a try.

UPDATE:

I tried this version and I get the same result.  I have no idea what is causing this problem but I would love to hear any suggestions.

Thanks.

Update II:

I resolved the issue.  It turns out rather than increasing the fan speed from the lowest speed in the fan range, the miner was decreasing the GPU speed when the temp reached the target temperature but only on 2 GPUs for some reason.  I resolved the issue by turning off auto-fan and setting the fan speed high enough to ensure the GPUs stay under the target temp.  When I get a chance to shut it down I will try to specify fan ranges explicitly for each GPU. 

I removed the auto fan and use the MSI afterburner to many the fan speed, it is much better.
Activity: 185

Thanks.

Thanks.  I will give it a try.

UPDATE:

I tried this version and I get the same result.  I have no idea what is causing this problem but I would love to hear any suggestions.

Thanks.

Update II:

I resolved the issue.  It turns out rather than increasing the fan speed from the lowest speed in the fan range, the miner was decreasing the GPU speed when the temp reached the target temperature but only on 2 GPUs for some reason.  I resolved the issue by turning off auto-fan and setting the fan speed high enough to ensure the GPUs stay under the target temp.  When I get a chance to shut it down I will try to specify fan ranges explicitly for each GPU. 
Activity: 588
Merit: 251

Thanks.

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

Thanks.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

Thanks.

I am running 4 x hawaii with core2duo e8400. Cpu usage max 5%, W10.
Activity: 185

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: