Pages:
Author

Topic: Genoil's ZEC miner: AMD ZCash miner for Windows - 0.6 - page 17. (Read 56748 times)

Activity: 329
Merit: 250
Bitcoin may be the TCP/IP of money.
    Released 0.6.

- time & thread logging
    - fancy console colors
    - logs output to file in ./logs directory
    - 0 sols/s watchdog
    - some minor SilentArmy improvements[/li][/list]

The 0 sols watchdog is enabled by default. Because I don't know yet what is actually causing it, I have added three ways to deal with it. You can specify that with -f flag.

-f 0: attempt to restart the GPU.
    -f 1: leave the gpu thread and do nothing (basically what happens now)
    -f 2: quit the application. when used in conjunction with a looping bat file, this could be most effective.

Still, loads to do before I can call it 1.0, but it's getting better every release.

Thanks ppl who either accidentally or intentionally leave the default bat file like it is!

thanks for your great work  Wink
    I am trying it out as I am typing this, I like the fancy console colors Cheesy
    Activity: 778
    Merit: 291
    40% is 40%
    Thanks !!!
    Activity: 4
    Merit: 0
    Thanks for your work Genoil
    Activity: 8
    on v 0.4.2 i got error: clGetDeviceIDs

what I have to do Genoil?

I had the same problem with my 2x RX480.

In my case the solution was to add -P 1 instead of -P 0.

Solution: https://github.com/Genoil/ZECMiner/issues/26
    legendary
    Activity: 1148
    Merit: 1001
    What Sols/s rate are you getting with 290(x)?  (Clocks 1030/1250)

I'm getting just about 25 Sols/s and 7950 and 280 gives about the same. (Clocks 900/1500)

By the way Miner is getting better on every release, thanks Smiley

my R9 280 at default get 29 to 37  not the X version and seem to the holdiong at 30 with this version of the miner even my r7 370 seem to run better .

Okey, thats much better than me :\

I start my miner (7950, 7950 , 280) with these options, have you changed w or i from Default?

Code:

genoil.exe -c POOL:PORT -u USER.WORKER -p z -g 0 1 2 -f 0

(E8400 and 2gigs of ram if these matter)

You can't get 30 with a Radeon 280. Not even with a 280x.
    Activity: 99
    Merit: 10

Crash after disconect!, and still getting job not found ;P

On my rig, this problem caused different R-380 cards, on the same binary (Tonga.bin).
    DrX
    Activity: 233
    Merit: 20

I'm getting just about 25 Sols/s and 7950 and 280 gives about the same. (Clocks 900/1500)

my R9 280 at default get 29 to 37  not the X version and seem to the holdiong at 30 with this version of the miner even my r7 370 seem to run better .

Okey, thats much better than me :\

I start my miner (7950, 7950 , 280) with these options, have you changed w or i from Default?

Code:
    genoil.exe -c POOL:PORT -u USER.WORKER -p z -g 0 1 2 -f 0

(E8400 and 2gigs of ram if these matter)

Activity: 254
    Merit: 100
    With the new version my gpu's are going to 0 more often and the restart function doesn't work. The colors and details are great but for now i went back to 5 cuz it was running more stable.

Try using https://www2.coinmine.pl, i was on flypool, my miners were crashing every 3 min, now in coinmine it is really stable
    Activity: 574
    Merit: 500
    With the new version my gpu's are going to 0 more often and the restart function doesn't work. The colors and details are great but for now i went back to 5 cuz it was running more stable.
    Activity: 742
    Merit: 500

Crash after disconect!

Sorry bro - but is always good to have some beta-testers Smiley

Crash after disconect!, and still getting job not found ;P

And one question, why after MAIN: im getting a 0.0 sol/s  i only have only 4 gpus, and all of them are mining
    DrX
    Activity: 233
    Merit: 20

legendary
    Activity: 1526
    Merit: 1026
    SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files
    Loving the multi color miner. Hope my problem will be solved, soon
    legendary
    Activity: 1274
    Merit: 1000
    wow wow TY

thanks top
    legendary
    Activity: 1148
    Merit: 1001
      Released 0.6.

- time & thread logging
      - fancy console colors
      - 0 sols/s watchdog

The 0 sols watchdog is enabled by default. Because I don't know yet what is actually causing it, I have added three ways to deal with it. You can specify that with -f flag.

-f 2: quit the application. when used in conjunction with a looping bat file, this could be most effective.

Still, loads to do before I can call it 1.0, but it's getting better every release.

Thanks ppl who either accidentally or intentionally leave the default bat file like it is!

Do you think it's better -f 0 than -f 2?
      legendary
      Activity: 2294
      Merit: 1182
      Now the money is free, and so the people will be
      Guys dont hate on Genoil, his miner is actually pretty good for the time being.  Just dont mine at flypool, direct your hate towards them, your genoil is shutting down because of them.  when you send incorrect shares their stratum does some shit and you go down.

edit:  wow thanks genoil new version.  fancy colors ?  Now its getting serious Smiley
      Activity: 438
      Merit: 250
      Released 0.6.

- time & thread logging
      - fancy console colors
      - 0 sols/s watchdog

What change on 0.6 version?
      Activity: 29
      I cannot recommend this ZEC miner. Absolutely unstable. I tried it on 6 rigs (all were stable with eth mining), but I have only problems, on some it stopped work in very short time, or hashrate dropped to 0, or it crashed.
      If is working hashrate is high, but...

I would recommend - runned it on 16 ethereum rigs ( 280x, 390, 290, 290x cards ) over night and just 2 rigs dropped one card.

What AMD driver version are you using for your 280x?  I have 5x 280x and I have one card that always crashes the display driver.  Also, are you using stock firmware on your cards from the factory? Undervolting or anything like that?  I think my firmware was setup for scrypt way back when.  My miners have been off for 2 years and have since created a dual boot ubuntu (for wallet) and Windows 10 to get this thing back mining.
      Activity: 140
      Pages:
      Jump to: