Pages:
Author

Topic: Genoil's ZEC miner: AMD ZCash miner for Windows - 0.6 - page 19. (Read 56811 times)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
Genoil, why -oi option is deleted?
I have my integrated graphic device as platform 0, so ?I should set gpu's as 1.. and I don't know that befor I accidentaly open old version with -oi option and find out what I write at begining of my post..

Is it normal that R9 390 is around 20-25 sol and R9 280X card is the same? It seems that all depends from processor..
R9 280X with i5 is 35 sol and R9 390 with Celeron G1840 is 22 sol.

I have ~20sol/s on R-370, the same as R-380 with FX4300 CPU (usage-8%).
In second rig, all R-380`s has also ~20sol/s with Athlon X2-280 (usage-25%).

For me it shows 20-25sols @gigabyte 370 2g
and 28-30 @ saphire rx480 8g
Why RX is so weak?
Activity: 390
Merit: 250
Miner on Flypool didnt working.
Either going from 30 sol to 0 sol mining during an hour or a couple of hours.
Either turning off.

How to set miner to restart himselff if sols dropped?
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Zcash cloud mining contracts are available on Genesis Mining again! The initial Zcash Genesis block contracts are sold out and already mining. Reserve your contract for the next mining start at December 1st. 2016.
BTC, ETH and other cryptocurrency are available also. Coins arrive directly to a wallet daily. Use promo code GzNuFE to get hashpower discount.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Is it normal that R9 390 is around 20-25 sol and R9 280X card is the same? It seems that all depends from processor..

I have ~20sol/s on R-370, the same as R-380 with FX4300 CPU (usage-8%).
In second rig, all R-380`s has also ~20sol/s with Athlon X2-280 (usage-25%).
Activity: 146
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
Here is a link to a reboot miner/reboot computer app I wrote:
https://forum.z.cash/t/z-cash-miner-watcher-app-for-genoils-and-nheminer/6464
legendary
Activity: 1820
Is their any way to set -k zec for different cards some with and some without? Would like to know how this can be done as using on 480s works a treat however 390s I need to try but also in rig is a 280 and it dont like em lol.

make 2 .bats , with different -g params according to your setup , like -g 3 4 5 -k zec zec , and second with -g 0 1 2 -k zec

Thx for the info. Also do you know if using -k zec on 390s work good as I tried to before but think but too many zec on line lol
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
Is their any way to set -k zec for different cards some with and some without? Would like to know how this can be done as using on 480s works a treat however 390s I need to try but also in rig is a 280 and it dont like em lol.

make 2 .bats , with different -g params according to your setup , like -g 3 4 5 -k zec zec , and second with -g 0 1 2 -k zec

whats is -g ? mayeb you mean -P ?

it's gpu number which you'd like to use
Activity: 329
Bitcoin may be the TCP/IP of money.
anyone came across mining speed affected by pcie extension cable?

I just added a asus 7970 to my desktop, I have to use the extension cable to allow the card run outside my case
Asus card doesn't like to work on the pcie-usb 3.0 solution, I have to use a 1x - 16x cable.

I feel that's not long enough so I added another 1x - 1x and connect to the 1x on mobo.

with this config, no matter what I do, the mining speed will be 0.6 - 4.x S/s
so I removed the 1x - 1x and just use the 1x - 16x cable, it back to 20-26 S/s, interesting.

BTW, with a OC AMD Sempron 145 OC to 3.5G, all my 7950/7970 on that rig are doing 20ish S/s, so I guess don't need a fx6300 for now
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos

whats is -g ? mayeb you mean -P ?
Activity: 142

legendary
Activity: 1820
legendary
Activity: 1274

Im using my 7950 shappire rig of 6 gpus getting a media of 16 hashes per gpu. is this good for this type of gpu??
Is there any ways of use 99% of my gpu usage, im stuck at around 85%?

Thanks for the help if u could.  Grin

If the GPU is sat between 80~85% as your graph shows it suggests that they're memory bandwidth/latency limited. Most 7950/7970 will happily do atleast 1500MHz, start there. Failing that you probably want to use a custom BIOS with tighter timings, usually copying a memory strap from 1250/1375 to 1500 does the trick. When I used to have 7950s I was using tighter timings(The Stilt's) and memory clock was around 1700MHz. This provided excellent performance for scrypt and Eth type crypto.

Kind of slow mine does 20-25 sol/s with genoils miner 0.4.2 on stock settings

Thanks for this.  I have a folder setup with this for each of my gpus. 280x x 5.  After driver crashes for that paticular gpu genoil won't mine.  Not your fault in know but is there a way to auto fix the driver issue so genoil will mine?  After driver crashes it only mines 0sols

I'm tyring that putting each Gpu in it own folder and useing the -g cammnd to start each one by it self i have one going dead for no reason in my three card rig it either the pool or the miner sense it's not all ways the same GPU that's drops  to zero ,
Activity: 546
Merit: 254
ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ
sometimes the miner shows 0 sol/s, sometimes it shows connection error, sometimes miner stopped and window disappear. What can be done to solve these ?

Please tell me a way so my miners restart if there is any error at least

change the pool, flypool is currently very unstable with 4-5000 active miners
legendary
I just found this and now have that running on all my rigs.
https://forum.z.cash/t/genoils-zec-miner/3791/1823

Restarting miner if any gpu goes to 0

I saw that to and even tried it but had to reformat that PC after I  used it but not because of that file, i couldn't find it again . ty .

find it and here is original version

https://github.com/Genoil/ZECMiner/issues/40 in this post .
Activity: 29
Merit: 0

https://s15.postimg.org/vkctewh8r/gpu_1.jpg

https://s15.postimg.org/vlmr8bj2j/gpu_2.jpg

Im using my 7950 shappire rig of 6 gpus getting a media of 16 hashes per gpu. is this good for this type of gpu??
Is there any ways of use 99% of my gpu usage, im stuck at around 85%?

Thanks for the help if u could.  Grin

If the GPU is sat between 80~85% as your graph shows it suggests that they're memory bandwidth/latency limited. Most 7950/7970 will happily do atleast 1500MHz, start there. Failing that you probably want to use a custom BIOS with tighter timings, usually copying a memory strap from 1250/1375 to 1500 does the trick. When I used to have 7950s I was using tighter timings(The Stilt's) and memory clock was around 1700MHz. This provided excellent performance for scrypt and Eth type crypto.

Kind of slow mine does 20-25 sol/s with genoils miner 0.4.2 on stock settings

Thanks for this.  I have a folder setup with this for each of my gpus. 280x x 5.  After driver crashes for that paticular gpu genoil won't mine.  Not your fault in know but is there a way to auto fix the driver issue so genoil will mine?  After driver crashes it only mines 0sols
Activity: 322
I actually use Windows Task Scheduler to do the same thing.  Restarts every 10 minutes.  Not only that if I select option to allow running when logged off the window is hidden.  So works great.  I have it set to trigger on start or login.  That way I know it's running all the time.
Activity: 687
Merit: 502
I just found this and now have that running on all my rigs.
https://forum.z.cash/t/genoils-zec-miner/3791/1823

Restarting miner if any gpu goes to 0
legendary
can u guys add a command that "restart" the miner if it sees a card running at 0 hashes for 5 min. That would be very helpfull.
U think u can do it? (right now we have random restarts but sometimes it happens if the miner is working great)

try this

start it first

Startup.bat

Code:
@echo off
echo starting miner
:loop
if exist output.txt del output.txt
time /t
start /MIN nh.bat
:loop2
timeout /T 60 /NOBREAK >nul

findstr /C:"submitted and accepted." output.txt
if %errorlevel%==0 (
echo Shares Submitted!
goto loop2
)else (
taskkill /F /IM genoil.exe
timeout /T 1 /NOBREAK >nul
echo re-starting miner
goto loop
)
|| (
goto loop2
)

make sure all bat fike are in the same folder as the software miner  
name the below one  nh.bat or whatever  whatever you want  but if you do make sure to change the line in the startup.bat to this bats new name oi it won't work .

nh.bat

you also have to edit this with your pool info and user .

Code:
set host=%COMPUTERNAME%
echo %host%

genoil.exe -c you pool info  -u ZEC address or pool login .%host% -p z >output.txt
echo quit >output.txt
exit

Then use start up bat it will start nh.bat and close it to tack bar and log to a output.txt file in the  folder you put everything in .

to see the output txt file  i use this https://www.baremetalsoft.com/baretail/ I  like it better then seeing the black screen all the time .

I got this off the Zcash forums the other day when this forum was being attacked . i did not make them they came from some else.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this will only work where you are running a instance of genoil miner for each GPU? If you run one instance for 6 cards and 5 cards stop mining, the 6th card could still be getting accepted shares and therefore the miner doesn't restart?

yup yuor right why i don't use it to much and only with one card , if  I use it in a rig with more then it all ways seems to stop one off ,  i think that's all he wants or you wanted if not my bad i don't use it with three cards one all ways shut down i should have said that to, i use .41 it seems to work best with my 470 and ,05 with every thing else in one card rigs till the minier is either tweaked more or some thing replaces it .
Activity: 329
Bitcoin may be the TCP/IP of money.
as others have mentioned, use the guide here
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-to-genoil-mining-zcash-1667366

the bat file basically kill the mining process every T seconds, mine is on its second round
Pages:
Jump to: