Pages:
Author

Topic: Get Donator status by donating 10 BTC - page 21. (Read 138661 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
Keep it real
August 07, 2013, 12:07:49 PM
There is now a forum section accessible only to donators/VIPs.

This is what we never got.

Theymos this is why we are upset.

If what you say is true link me to it.

As a vip i can not find it.

Semantics...
donator
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
A PhD Student in Economics
July 30, 2013, 05:02:06 AM
If you donate 10 BTC (which pays for about a month of hosting), you get donator status:

If you donate 50 BTC, you get VIP status, which allows you to set a custom title:

This is not (yet) automatic: you need to PM me before donating. See the new donation page for more details.

This is part of an effort to make the forum self-sustaining. If donations alone are not enough, a few auctioned-off text ads will probably be added.

I've sent you PM, but didn't get any response. Would you please check it for me?
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
New VIP donator: TradeFortress. Thanks!
administrator
New VIP donator: lixiaolai. Thanks!
donator
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
April 28, 2013, 10:05:28 PM
Have just joined the green coin club Smiley
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
April 24, 2013, 11:59:54 AM
Donating to the forum does not equal evil.

LOL, I really want to have you in my conference!  Grin
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
In cryptography we trust
April 23, 2013, 01:13:13 PM
You can buy yourself a donator tag, but everyone will still notice if you're an idiot.

... or a scammer (they prefer the VIP tag however)

Many examples can be found for both cases
administrator
April 20, 2013, 01:49:16 AM
New VIP donator: mLiberty. Thanks!
donator
April 15, 2013, 08:08:22 PM
You can buy yourself a donator tag, but everyone will still notice if you're an idiot.
legendary
Keep it real
April 15, 2013, 07:57:53 PM
I personally don't. I'm just hoping to nip that whole, "Waaah, he paid a lower number than I did because the value increased, and that's not fair!" foolishness in the bud before it becomes too widespread.
It's also ironichypocritical to discuss deflation as being very unfair on a forum about a deflationary currency.

Madam, you don't seem to make any sense at all.

That's Countess to you, sir. Do explain what it is you find confusing.

Milady, we are upon the deep and venerable question, whether 1 bitcoin now equals 1 bitcoin tomorrow. The western legal tradition says it does. Perhaps I do understand what you are saying, but find it humiliating to even consider lowering the price of our Most Prestigious titles, namely the Donator tag. If anything, its price should be increased to reflect the increasing readership, and heap honor upon honor of the early Donators.

In which case, your argument has nothing to do with whether the price of a donation should be adjusted due to fluctuation in bitcoin value and should not depend on the exchange of a bitcoin at all. Instead, the price of a donator tag should be based on the actual value of said tag itself. Similarly to how a golf course that used to charge $50 a month for membership when it just started up, may end up charging $30,000 a year fees for prestigious membership once it becomes successful. I can agree with that. Though I am not sure that having a donator tag grants you special access to Bitcoin's wealthy and well connected. I wouldn't know, but perhaps you can fill us in?

Nothing special happening in the donator section.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
April 15, 2013, 05:31:06 PM
I personally don't. I'm just hoping to nip that whole, "Waaah, he paid a lower number than I did because the value increased, and that's not fair!" foolishness in the bud before it becomes too widespread.
It's also ironichypocritical to discuss deflation as being very unfair on a forum about a deflationary currency.

Milady, we are upon the deep and venerable question, whether 1 bitcoin now equals 1 bitcoin tomorrow. The western legal tradition says it does. Perhaps I do understand what you are saying, but find it humiliating to even consider lowering the price of our Most Prestigious titles, namely the Donator tag. If anything, its price should be increased to reflect the increasing readership, and heap honor upon honor of the early Donators.

In which case, your argument has nothing to do with whether the price of a donation should be adjusted due to fluctuation in bitcoin value and should not depend on the exchange of a bitcoin at all. Instead, the price of a donator tag should be based on the actual value of said tag itself. Similarly to how a golf course that used to charge $50 a month for membership when it just started up, may end up charging $30,000 a year fees for prestigious membership once it becomes successful. I can agree with that. Though I am not sure that having a donator tag grants you special access to Bitcoin's wealthy and well connected. I wouldn't know, but perhaps you can fill us in?
donator
April 15, 2013, 05:24:35 PM

legendary
April 15, 2013, 01:56:27 PM

donator
April 15, 2013, 12:47:45 PM

legendary
April 15, 2013, 11:52:30 AM
So why is it that people who buy iPhones for $500 don't demand a refund when the price drops in a month or two and everyone else buys it for $450?  And should they?

(Also, what contract?)

The real question is why do you want donator status so badly? 

legendary
Keep it real
April 15, 2013, 11:12:07 AM
So why is it that people who buy iPhones for $500 don't demand a refund when the price drops in a month or two and everyone else buys it for $450?  And should they?

(Also, what contract?)

The real question is why do you want donator status so badly? 
legendary
April 15, 2013, 11:10:01 AM

(Also, what contract?)
donator
April 15, 2013, 10:43:50 AM
There's no need for a new category, the forum doesn't need to raise any money right now.

Yeah. I paid 1 billion satoshi for my donator tag, I am fine if you spend the money wisely, but I don't want the tag doled out to anyone who pays any less than a billion for it.

Are you defining bitcoin in nominal terms, instead of value/labor terms? I.e. did you pay half a paycheck for your donator status?

One of the foundations of western legal tradition is that future pecuniary obligations are to be paid according to the face value in the currency quoted, irrespective of the real changes of the currency's purchasing power in the meantime. If this is meant to not hold true, it must be specifically mentioned in the contract.

Of course the forum can give out the tags for free if they like, but if ever its price were to be lowered to 100,000,000 or so, the minimum to retain equal terms between tagholders, would be to reimburse the BTC9 to the ones who had paid more for it. In fact this would not be a stupid thing to do, in the event that BTC10 buys you an island in the Caribbean.
legendary
April 15, 2013, 10:32:02 AM
There's no need for a new category, the forum doesn't need to raise any money right now.

Yeah. I paid 1 billion satoshi for my donator tag, I am fine if you spend the money wisely, but I don't want the tag doled out to anyone who pays any less than a billion for it.

Are you defining bitcoin in nominal terms, instead of value/labor terms? I.e. did you pay half a paycheck for your donator status?
donator
April 15, 2013, 10:16:27 AM

Pages:
Jump to: