Pages:
Author

Topic: Get the Note - a digital token by Republic, a US company backed by Binance & Neo - page 14. (Read 3199 times)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Does Republic allow international investors?

The terms of each campaign on Republic, from the type of security being sold, to who can participate, is determined by each company crowdfunding. Each campaign's Form C will list which jurisdictions are being solicited on the cover page.

If a company is accepting international investors or investors from your jurisdiction, you can invest using your credit/debit cards or via a wire transfer.
Activity: 31
How is my investment limit calculated on a 12 month rolling basis?

For compliance purposes, we use each offering's closure date to select investments in the rolling 12-month calculation, and not the investment commitment date.

Investment limits are calculated as (Investment commitments as of the date of the campaign they are associated's closing for the next 365 days + any disclosed Title III investments made on other portals).
Activity: 28
How is my investment limit calculated on a 12 month rolling basis?
Activity: 33
What is the Crowd Simple Debt Agreement (“Crowd SDA”)?

Key terms of the Crowd SDA include:

Annual Payment means an amount equal to or greater than the product of (i) the Loan Amount and (ii) the Interest Rate.

The Interest Rate is simple interest, paid annually, calculated based on the amount of your investment in the offering.

The Maturity Date is a future date, usually expressed as a number of of years from the Payment Start Date (as defined in the Crowd SDA). Upon the maturity date, the company must repay all outstanding interest and principal due under the Crowd SDA.

The Minimum Return Multiple is also determined by the company and defines the minimum total return which the investor is entitled to have received by the Maturity Date, expressed as a multiple of the principal amount.
Activity: 21

Under the terms of the Crowd SDA, investors lend money to the company in exchange for annual interest payments during the term of the agreement. The company has the right to accelerate repayment of interest and/or principal, subject to a minimum return multiple (e.g. 1.5x the principal). If the company makes all interest payments due under the Crowd SDA, the minimum return multiple will be satisfied.

RISK NOTE: payments are not guaranteed. The company may not have sufficient capital available to meet its payment obligations under the Crowd SDA, and the Crowd SDA is unsecured, meaning there is no collateral to which investors would have recourse in the event that the company is unable to meet its payment obligations.

Your return depends on your investment amount, the interest rate and the minimum return multiple amount detailed in the agreement. There is no guarantee of a return, as the company you lend to may not be able to service the debt and has not secured the debt with any assets.

A Crowd SDA is an investment contract between lenders (investors) and companies looking to raise capital. Individuals make investments in exchange for the chance to earn a return in the form of cash interest payments.

The Crowd SDA was created by Republic and is a debt crowdfunding-specific version of a typical debt agreement, a financial instrument widely used by angels, VCs and other accredited investors investing in startups.
What if I sold the security I acquired on Republic in a private transaction and realized a loss? 
How does my investment impact my taxes?
I am a Canadian investor, can I participate?
How are my investments taxed?

Token DPA investments: The Token DPA is a debt-like instrument which affords the investor the right to a future cash payment or tokens. If the investor receives cash with interest, tax will be due on the interest gained. If the investor receives tokens, tax guidance is unclear as to whether there is a taxable event. You may have to pay tax on the value gained then or pay tax when you sell or trade the tokens.  Token DPA instruments typically do not afford an investor the right to receive K-1s or similar tax documents.

Other instrument types such as the Crowd SDA and Crowd TPA will be taxed based on facts and circumstances unique to each instrument. You should consult with the issuing company and your tax advisor.

Generally, Republic will not provide tax documents.
Activity: 31
How do I get my post marked as "Helpful" ?

Each fundraising startup's page has a public Q&A (or "Discussion") section where investors can ask questions, provide their reasons for deciding to invest or not, or share opinions, and where the founders can provide additional answers or information.

As with any public discussion, some posts can be more helpful than others.

To reward helpful, constructive participation in the discussion, we created a way for the founders to explicitly highlight certain posts as being "helpful" (this button is only visible to founders).

Authors of helpful posts will also get additional rewards in Notes.

So to increase the chance of your comments to be marked as helpful, you should participate in the discussion, provide insight, analysis, help founders answer questions that you know answers to — and it's likely that they will want to thank you for your contribution
Activity: 28
How do I get my post marked as "Helpful" ?
Can I increase my investment after it is finalized during a rolling close?
What is a rolling close and how does it affect my investment?
How do I print or download an offering page as PDF?
Activity: 24
How do I know if my financials are GAAP compliant?
What are the key components of preparing for my campaign?

Finances, ensure that your financial statements, for the last 2 fiscal years are GAAP compliant. If you need assistance, we recommend using Kristine Rasmussen from Assure ([email protected]) to prepare them in GAAP.
Once that is complete, please have your financial statements reviewed by a 3rd party CPA. We can introduce you to once if need be - note this is only for campaigns raising over $107,000.
Activity: 17
Who needs to have a Bad Actor Check run on them?

Anyone in your company that falls into one or more of these categories must provide Republic their full name legal name, SSN/TIN, phone-number, address and DOB:

Officer (anyone with "officer" in their title);
Director (anyone on your board, but not informal advisors); and/or
Any person or entity that holds 20% or more of the company.
How does Flat Fee Attorney pricing work?

By being affiliated with Republic, you get a special discount on Form C reviews through our independent attorneys we have partnered. How the flat fee is determined is explained below.

Number of Prior Issuances of Securities to Investors (Equity, Debt, SAFE, SAFT, etc.)
How does Flat Fee Attorney pricing work?
Pages:
Jump to: