Pages:
Author

Topic: Getting paid to post at Bitcointalk ? - page 3. (Read 726 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 20, 2018, 09:28:03 PM
Signature campaign does make sense.

He doesn't talk about signature campaigns. He talks about shill accounts promoting their ICO in every thread.

But Can I pay someone to keep posting on my thread so the thread shows up as a hot topic on the first page ?

It's not allowed by forum rules but you can offer privately (or from other platform) and hire people to shill your project. It's very hard to detect because there are thousands of posts made in this forum every day.

I think it is legal, unless they are scam like bitconnect.

No, scam is not moderated.
You have pinpoint my concern . Shilling your project is the term I was looking for.

How does one find the people to shill the project I wonder.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
January 20, 2018, 07:25:51 PM
Its called signature campaign ,you will require to have number of posts per week to receive some stakes in the ICO.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
January 20, 2018, 07:07:39 PM
You can join the signature campaigns in the bounty section of the ICO projects that are open to selling tokens. Your earnings will be calculated based on your terms in the bitcointalk.org forum and the results of the specific tasks each campaign requires. Usually, you will be paid after the sale of ICO from 1 week to 1 month. You can then transfer your token to a commercial site that is listed for sale or kept at your disposal.
Activity: 336
Merit: 106
January 20, 2018, 06:56:26 PM
It's called bounty signature campaings, but they don't force you to write only about their project. You can post whatever you want and thus you advertise a project by wearing their signature. And in most cases it's very profitable both for a project and for a bounty hunter.
Correct explanation but I have seen signature campaigns demanding participants to post on their ICO announcement thread, at least one timer per week. It didn't state that it has to be a positive post, that will probably make it legal on this forum.

There are a lot of signature campaign participants in this forum. It's perfectly fine to post in this forum with a signature and be paid for it, but you can't force or demand your signature campaign participants to post in the ICO ANN thread. Even if it only has to be once a week or it would be paid for, it is against the forum rules. It was thus stated that incentivizing to post on certain threads is not allowed in this forum, whether the contents of which may be positive or negative.
Activity: 42
January 20, 2018, 06:43:15 PM
I was wondering this problem. Do you think some ICO are hiring people to comment positively on their ICO post ?

Is it legal under the forum rules
hmm i wonder how much they pay and is it a full time job?
Activity: 42
January 20, 2018, 06:26:19 PM
I was wondering this problem. Do you think some ICO are hiring people to comment positively on their ICO post ?

hmm i wonder how much they get paid
Activity: 756
Merit: 259
January 20, 2018, 06:06:22 PM

I guess there are few such posts, where not really related messages are written, as in telegram there are tonnes of such offers, like we will make your thread big. It's against the forum rules, correct. I wish they would not do it, and leave the threads organically growing.
Activity: 306
Merit: 14
January 20, 2018, 06:03:17 PM

If what you mean is signature campaign where you use their signature in your profile and posting or comment some thread yeah, its legal.
But if you mean "hiring people to comment positively on their ICO post" is like bumping service no its illegal. theres rule where you can not pay people to comment in your thread or something like that.
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
January 20, 2018, 05:45:06 PM

You talk about bounty campaigns, ICOs pay people with tokens in order to inform other people about the ICO. I'm a part now of DIW campaign and I will get tokens for this, but it doesn't mean I do this just for the tokens. People choose in which ICO will be apart, because if the ICO fail the tokens will have ZERO value. Therefor signature campaign is more than just a campaign than some people wear some ICO, is a vote of trust.  
Activity: 2884
Merit: 659
January 20, 2018, 05:42:33 PM

Having those bounty signature campaigns isn't really illegal on forum rules and this is one of the way on advertising and getting investors of such project by exposure of their signature which been worn by those signature participants.They are really hiring and paying up people on their own tokens. This is not compulsory or necessary since most of the time its still your own decision if you would tend to advertise them or not. You do have the freedom to choose.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1013
DAVID CHAUM's xx coin SALE IS NOW LIVE!
January 20, 2018, 05:38:08 PM

He doesn't talk about signature campaigns. He talks about shill accounts promoting their ICO in every thread.

But Can I pay someone to keep posting on my thread so the thread shows up as a hot topic on the first page ?

It's not allowed by forum rules but you can offer privately (or from other platform) and hire people to shill your project. It's very hard to detect because there are thousands of posts made in this forum every day.

No, scam is not moderated.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
January 20, 2018, 05:32:13 PM
Activity: 28
January 20, 2018, 05:25:39 PM

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1013
DAVID CHAUM's xx coin SALE IS NOW LIVE!
January 20, 2018, 05:06:50 PM
Yes, I saw a lot of shills for new ICO's. Most of them are scams, coincidence?
I think it's forbidden by forum rules but hard to enforce because it takes too much time to find all these shills and check one by one then ban. You can always report it and help moderators when you see that kind of users in the forum.
Activity: 118
January 20, 2018, 04:51:47 PM
It is legal to do so it is a medium of telling people about an upcoming ico or ongoing one, it is means of advertisement and their is no law against advertising a product.
Activity: 790
Merit: 261
January 20, 2018, 03:43:14 PM
I think it's legal, because ico organizers have hired a bounty manager to promote their ico project, and all forms of regulation are up to the bounty manager, and if the bounty manager chooses his promotional path through signature campaign, social media, telegram etc. then that legal

Yes it is completely legal as they do not do any favor by paying us because we promote their business because if you can look at the bigger picture of signature campaigns then you will understand it's one of the best marketing tactics as we will be marketing it to a target crowd who use crypto and who are the users of.new products related to crypto as well.
Activity: 44
January 20, 2018, 02:46:49 PM
ICOs organized what we call signature campaign, this campaign employ the work of bitcointalk users and they are paid for posting on bitcointalk.
Activity: 39
January 20, 2018, 02:43:58 PM

I think it's some kind of a bounty, "proof of shill". Bounty hunters write posts, screenshot them (or provide a link), send to bounty manager and get stakes/spot in ICO whitelist
Activity: 532
Merit: 114
January 20, 2018, 02:38:01 PM
I do not see the sense to this discussion, whether they pay to review, whether positive or negative, at the end of the day it is all information that one verifies for themselves, even the newbies here.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
January 20, 2018, 02:27:40 PM

It is not at all appreciated by forum DT members or moderators. You have to analyze the project perfectly when you want to invest on it that time you can make the post their thread as a review but unnecessary bump on the ICO thread will not do when someone requesting to you for the payment.
I noticed many people got negative trust from the DT guys who are involved in the bump group for the ICO thread bump. However, to get you can apply to the signature campaign to get paid in BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: