Pages:
Author

Topic: Giving up real solomining and going back to solomining on p2pool - page 9. (Read 10932 times)

Activity: 347
Merit: 252
doesn't it make sense then that if I change addresses after each block is found that after 100 blocks my average could just as likely be 0 as it could be 1000? And that it will be determined partly by my luck as to which addresses I picked and at what time I chose to use them?

No it doesn't make sense.

You understand luck right?

luck

noun
success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions.

verbinformal
chance to find or acquire.

yes, I do understand luck.
Clearly you don't

I can almost guarantee ...
No you can't.
OK Kano, I take it back...  Your obviously not as intelligent as I thought. Yes you can take ck's code and make your own pool but you obviously don't understand how an address is used in finding a block. If you think you do then please explain, I'd love to hear your answer.

Take the infamous 666℅ block that you had on your pool last year. Now try and tell me that had you been mining to an address other than yours during that time span with the the same amount of hashpower that it would be impossible to have found a block and thus changed your luck! Since you like to cherry pick, go ahead and cherry pick this paragraph and try to ignore the fact that I'm rightn. Tell me it would have been impossible. Go for it!

This is getting ridiculous that all you legendaries insist that changing the address that your mining to can't affect your luck!

Crazy that Kano runs a pool and has reached legendary status yet doesnt even know how Bitcoin mining works, but I guess you don't have to understand it to run a pool.
Activity: 246
Merit: 250
Team Heritage Motorsports
Glad to see nothing has changed while I took my very extended break from Bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
doesn't it make sense then that if I change addresses after each block is found that after 100 blocks my average could just as likely be 0 as it could be 1000? And that it will be determined partly by my luck as to which addresses I picked and at what time I chose to use them?

luck

noun
success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions.

verbinformal

yes, I do understand luck.
Clearly you don't

I can almost guarantee ...
No you can't.

luck

noun

verbinformal

yes, I do understand luck. Let's say it should take an average of 300 billion hashes to find a block, and you've been mining to one address and have thrown 3 trillion hashes at it trying to find a block and don't succeed. I can almost guarantee that if you had thrown those 3 trillion hashes at another address in the same time period that you would have solved at least one block if not several while with the other address you didn't.

So it is possible to change your luck, not predict your luck, but change it, yes you can.

How is this so hard to understand!?!

Take a look at any block that has ever been found then change the address that found the block and you no longer have a block. So if the person that found that block had changed his address to another one prior to finding it then he wouldn't have found the block that he would have changed his luck for the worse.

If I'm going to rent 6ph I could point it all at one address or I could use 600 addresses with 10ths each.
One day one method will work out better in my favor and on another day the other method would have worked better therefore I can change my luck
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

luck

noun

verbinformal
First off I'd like to say that I'm impressed that this topic has brought in legendaries like yourself Philipma, Kano, and johnybravo to comment, very exciting Smiley

And I'm not saying that I know more than you guys, because I'm nowhere in the realm when it comes to writing code etc, I just wouldn't know where to start. I'm simply hosting a p2pool node near westhash for people who would like to rent from there to mine on p2pool and need a node that's close since latencies are very important on p2pool.

And I do agree that it's possible that nice/westhash has block withholders even though I can't prove it either even after spending 877btc using their service, in time of bad luck it always makes you wonder.

https://blockchain.info/address/3PvtPj8Zk2fGTjKfSNjjbxMGVfi6U52GW8

However I do disagree that changing the address that I'm mining to won't affect my luck whether that is for the better or worse.

Here's why. If I mine to the same address I can expect some very lucky blocks and some very unlucky blocks, I don't remember if it was Kano or CK who said that after 100 blocks you should be at or near 100℅, I think it was Kano who said that when he was taking about nicehash withholding blocks. But one of those two said that before.

So, with that said, if nicehash isn't withholding blocks then I can expect very close to 100℅ return after 100 blocks mining to the same address, doesn't it make sense then that if I change addresses after each block is found that after 100 blocks my average could just as likely be 0 as it could be 1000? And that it will be determined partly by my luck as to which addresses I picked and at what time I chose to use them?

legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
"... and my luck whether good or bad depended upon which method I chose ..."

No, it's random.
So your telling me choosing different addresses can't change my luck either good or bad?

yep.

but renting from nicehash and westhash  with 5 orders on each site for a total of 10 orders using  10 addresses does have  advantages over 1 big order on nicehash or westhash.

10 orders of 100th  with ten different btc addys 5 on west  and 5 on nice  will avoid the dreaded dead hashers.

It is NOT a known fact that people sell dead hash to nice and west   hash.

But people do think it is true.

So if you put in a 1 ph order and it is filled by a dead hasher  it will never hit a block.

If you put in 10x 100th orders  all different addys  you will most likely get  mostly good hash.

Some people think 2-5ph of the hash on nice-west hash is dead hash.  the software withholds  blocks.

I have rented 100-125 btc worth of hash from them :

I hit 3 blocks of 25  and 2 blocks of 12.5   so I am not sure how much bad hash is pointed to them.
My sample  is too small .

My point earlier in the thread was you were overkilling by doing so many  10 th  orders .

kano is accurate if everyone is sending perfectly good hash.

BTW  nice/west hash could show the block results of btc mining if they choose to do it they do not choose to do this.

So I suspect they have good evidence of block withholding they simple won't share it as it would hurt their bottom line.

No, it's random.
So your telling me choosing different addresses can't change my luck either good or bad?
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

No, it's random.
Your thread title is very misleading.  I'm not sure how you consider this solo mining, as it most certainly is not.  You have a p2pool node.  Sure, you might be the only person on your node, but just because you're solo on your node, you aren't solo mining.

Yes, you can hack the p2pool code to not connect to the rest of the p2pool network and make it a true solo mining operation.  However, that's not what you're doing.

Also, you made 1.5BTC because p2pool happened to be lucky during your rentals.  There's no magic formula behind it.  You could have just as easily not made anything at all during your rentals.  You got lucky, plain and simple.

I'm happy for you that you made back a nice little bit of profit.  It sure feels good.  Please don't think you've discovered some secret sauce, because unfortunately, you haven't.

As long as whatever you're doing keeps you happy and mining, hash away and enjoy it Smiley.

Name any other pool where it's possible to have earnings like that? This is why Mining on p2pool is as close to solomining as you can get without actually going solo.

Yes I could have easily lost it all too, with most pools I should get back very close to what I should expect based on my hashpower, but because of p2pools variance it makes this possible, not probable, but possible.

Mining on any p2pool node or your own is as close as you can come to solo mining but with much less variance as your sharing the rewards with other solo miners on p2pool, and yes every miner on p2pool is solomining to their own address while also sharing the rewards with other solo miners on p2pool.

It may not be a secret sauce, but I still wanna try it for a while, as I can no longer afford the thrills of true solomining.
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Your thread title is very misleading.  I'm not sure how you consider this solo mining, as it most certainly is not.  You have a p2pool node.  Sure, you might be the only person on your node, but just because you're solo on your node, you aren't solo mining.

Yes, you can hack the p2pool code to not connect to the rest of the p2pool network and make it a true solo mining operation.  However, that's not what you're doing.

Also, you made 1.5BTC because p2pool happened to be lucky during your rentals.  There's no magic formula behind it.  You could have just as easily not made anything at all during your rentals.  You got lucky, plain and simple.

I'm happy for you that you made back a nice little bit of profit.  It sure feels good.  Please don't think you've discovered some secret sauce, because unfortunately, you haven't.

As long as whatever you're doing keeps you happy and mining, hash away and enjoy it Smiley.
Awesome zedzednova!!! At p2pools current hashrate you'll see accepted blocks much less frequently on p2pool than on the big pools, but on average the payouts are expected to be better since stales and orphans are less likely with p2pool.

Mining on p2pool with the current hashrate is more like solomining but with much less variance.  

In the last couple of weeks I've turned 3 BTC into 4.5btc renting hashpower. That would be next to impossible while mining at a regular pool with the hashrate I'm renting.

As far as mining with 2th, you'll have alot of variance on p2pool, you could either earn much more than expected or much less than expected because of the variance of not only p2pool but your individual hashrate as well.

All you need to earn with p2pool is a valid share in the sharechain at the time a block is found.

Good luck! Now go find a block for us!!
Smiley
Activity: 475
Merit: 265
Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!
I'm throwing ~2th from my modded S7-LN at the pool to see what happens. I'm seeing accepted blocks pretty quickly which is better than my luck on other pools.
Yay! Block found by p2pool!

https://blockchain.info/block-index/1439604

Going to ramp down to 500th for a little while.
Going to bump up my orders for a day or until the next block is found to 100th each, for a total of 1ph on this node.

Come join us!

72.5.73.193:9332
Currently I have 10 workers 50ths each and each of them to different addresses totalling 500th that I'm renting from westhash to mine on p2pool. Each of the addresses are ones that I have found blocks with while solomining on solockpool.org so their lucky Smiley

I tried many methods while solomining,a few weeks ago I was using 600 workers each with 10ths totaling 6phs and found four blocks mining at solockpool but a run of bad luck and I lost all my earnings.

In total I have found at least 25 blocks on solockpool, sometimes mining to 1 address with as much as 24phs for short runs, sometimes I'd use one adress with 2phs for days, other times I'd use 500ths to one address for weeks, all in all ive found mining to many different addresses with lesser hashrate to be more exciting, it's fun to try different methods for trying to increase your luck, and people get excited when someone with 10ths finds a block.

With p2pool, it's the closest you can come to solomining, but with much less variance, so I'm back again on p2pool to see if I can make a profit this way, while renting from westhash.

Nice thing is over the last few days after I've added 500th and a few short spurts of 7phs, p2pools hashrate has gone up to between 3 and 4phs over the last several days, compared to 1.5 to 2 phs recently and has subsequently increased my odds of staying in the game a little longer.

This is fun, I just hope to get lucky this time, and continue it for awhile.

The more of you who join p2pool, the merrier!

Just added a node on a VPS in San Jose for those of you who would like to rent from westhash to mine on p2pool.
 https://www.nicehash.com, make sure to select westhash for this node to reduce latencies.

stratum+tcp://:72.5.73.193:9333
Username: yourBTCaddress
Password:x

Fee is 1%

Stats: http://72.5.73.193:9332/static/graphs.html?Day

http://72.5.73.193:9332/static/

For more about p2pool: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/P2Pool

This node can be used by anyone but was intentionally set up in San Jose so it could have low latencies with rentals from westhash.
Pages:
Jump to: