Pages:
Author

Topic: [GLBSE] Introducing: Bitcoin Syndicate, a new mining op trading publicly! - page 10. (Read 23317 times)

Activity: 407
Merit: 250
Hey thanks for the update Nefario! I look forward to playing with it a bit!

Also, a quick update. Still no word from BFL. Since nobody else is hearing back either, I'm assuming they are busy with shipping orders. We'll give them a bit more time, but not too much. Our shares are selling like crazy, and the IPO is almost done. If we sell out completely, I'll send a "strongly worded" email to BFL (and perhaps try to track down a number for them to call). If that results in no traction in a reasonable time, we may have to default back to the next best option.

The concern is that if we spend months waiting on BFL, even though it's faster gear by a bit, if we waste 2 months of potential mining, it counteracts the performance advantage.

Anyway, I REALLY want it to work out with them, as their products are exciting, but we have to look at the best solution in the here and now.

As for the server move to P2Pool, it's progressing in testing now. Unfortunately we suffered some technical difficulties with our main mining proxy server which resulted in a mining downtime today. This has been corrected now, and things are running again as usual.

I'll post another update soon, hopefully with some real progress!

Thanks!

(by the way, seriously shares almost sold out! as of the time of this post, there are 554 left for sale! That's it! And once we get our first batch of gear in, expect those shares to soar in value, a lot higher than 0.25! So now is your chance to grab them while they are hot!)
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
The demo version of GLBSE2.0 has been updated.

Since this is going to be the system you guys will be using it very soon please go over to http://dev.glbse.com and give it a try.

Create a new share, sell them (create a fake account to test buying them), create some new motions, pay dividends and play around in general.

2.0 is a big step away from the current system, and it's important that you're ready for the change over.

Here's the release notes
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.781561
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Ad astra.
I'm still rather busy, but I've posted the Massive Braindump Of Doom on our btcsyn forums. For those interested in sifting through the jumbled insanity in my head, please feel free to head over and read it at:
http://forum.btcsyn.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31

I'll post more meaningful updates as I complete some of these ongoing parallel tasks.

Thanks!

Thanks for keeping us in the know. Hopefully BFL will get the order processed soon.
I'm still rather busy, but I've posted the Massive Braindump Of Doom on our btcsyn forums. For those interested in sifting through the jumbled insanity in my head, please feel free to head over and read it at:
http://forum.btcsyn.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31

I'll post more meaningful updates as I complete some of these ongoing parallel tasks.

Thanks!
Excellent! welcome to the syndicate! Have you sent me your transaction id via PM or email? and registered on the btcsyn forums? (then I can grant you shareholder access)

Also mila, thanks for the heads up. Not sure where that came from. Might have been as simple as a cat running across the keyboard when I got up for a drink lol... (the code is checked into source control very regularly, so no concerns about that). random nonsense removed from page Wink

Also sorry for the silence. I've been busy with a couple things:
- Getting our BFL gear order sorted out (order done, waiting on confirmation)
- Server build for P2Pool, and new dedicated mining pool box
- Migration to that server
- A few other things Wink

Anyway, once I wrap the rest of this stuff I'm hoping to do a nice big formal update post. Just a little longer.

Thanks!
Activity: 364
[#][#][#]
im in with 0,5% of BTCSYN or 60 shares
Just posted this in one of the water cooling discussions. Thought you guys might like to see it:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.773846

Smiley
Ad astra.
Lol, I saw mila's post last night, and was going to come and reply this morning, only to see this exchange lol... Nice.

And why secondlife? I could setup our own opensim server fairly easily (which still works with the secondlife client and it's opensource forks), and run our own virtual meeting space... Amusingly enough, that's not that bad of an idea lol... Anyway, I'm too busy to tackle that right now, once the syndicate is into "operational" mode, my work load will reduce. Right now lots of work in orchistrating everything, and piled on top of my work in R&D on our own FPGA mining solution, as well as sorting out a few of the other things I already had started. (and of course my full time day job) lol...

But yeah I kinda like that idea.

Anyway, you may resume your feigned political intrigue now Wink

(also I'll have an update later today about our first order of mining gear!)

That would (seriously) be really cool. But I agree, it is of second priority to R&D on FPGA mining. Great job with what you're doing, by the way; it's extremely impressive and well thought-out.
Lol, I saw mila's post last night, and was going to come and reply this morning, only to see this exchange lol... Nice.

And why secondlife? I could setup our own opensim server fairly easily (which still works with the secondlife client and it's opensource forks), and run our own virtual meeting space... Amusingly enough, that's not that bad of an idea lol... Anyway, I'm too busy to tackle that right now, once the syndicate is into "operational" mode, my work load will reduce. Right now lots of work in orchistrating everything, and piled on top of my work in R&D on our own FPGA mining solution, as well as sorting out a few of the other things I already had started. (and of course my full time day job) lol...

But yeah I kinda like that idea.

Anyway, you may resume your feigned political intrigue now Wink

(also I'll have an update later today about our first order of mining gear!)
Activity: 462
I was just giving you a hard time, no worries.  Wink

I refuse to sit next to you on the next shareholders meeting : (

Wink

My, that was harsh. It would be more of a threat if having a physical meeting was remotely likely...

relax, we could sit opposite each other Wink

but on likeliness of a physical meeting, we could for sure rent a space in second life and meet there once the syndic rapes the first %
Ad astra.

Wink

My, that was harsh. It would be more of a threat if having a physical meeting was remotely likely...

Wink
Ad astra.
just a quick math exercise. there are 9100 shares ruling 11.6 GH/s of power
how much is (will be) that per share?

Seriously? http://lmgtfy.com/?q=11600%2F9100

I will suffer through the flash animation later today ... I know that site and google syntax for calculator emulation.
I used that post as note to myself. sorry for spamming the forum. Elsewhere I posted the math to prove some other user not telling the whole truth and pimped the hash rate per stock by counting only sold shares and counting imaginary mining capacity as capacity available. dirty ol' tricks but newbies should be trained to see the difference and avoid (if possible)

I will suffer through the flash animation later today ... I know that site and google syntax for calculator emulation.
I used that post as note to myself. sorry for spamming the forum. Elsewhere I posted the math to prove some other user not telling the whole truth and pimped the hash rate per stock by counting only sold shares and counting imaginary mining capacity as capacity available. dirty ol' tricks but newbies should be trained to see the difference and avoid (if possible)
Ad astra.

lol, ok the difficulty spelling is fixed. Thanks for the heads up!

As for the 2 digit issue, it appears my code which is pushing the data up from the wallet is sending it as 2 decimal places. I'm looking into it. (the data in the wallet/blockchain is of course accurate, but the way the site is interpreting it is a problem). I'm looking into the problem now. Once I correct it, it should update all the transactions on the site.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
http://www.btcsyn.com/financial
also on that page under network info "dificulty" should be "difficulty" 2 "f"s

marked
i'm already suspicious about myself, nitpicking for .005 btc
i call it "help to find sw errors" ; )
Yes, sorry I forgot to mention the .005 glbse fee in my list. The web interface is rounding down to 2 decimal places for all numbers right now. I'll likely adjust that to go higher.
I had thought that forcing all 8 decimal places would look too busy when most transactions are in whole bitcoins, or bitcents. But it turns out the rounding is going to cause a problem. I'll play with the code to get it to display better.

The treasurer is aware of every transaction. As I said the error is merely a display rounding error on the web interface.

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: