Pages:
Author

Topic: [GLC] Globalcoin | 4 Year Anniversary 1.5.4! | NO IPO, NO PREMINE | [SCRYPT] - page 70. (Read 225832 times)

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Yes that's how it works, everyone is on the same block it's a race to see who solves it first Tongue
Activity: 112
You can have the globalcoin.conf rpcuser/pass the same on each miner machine, no drama there. The wallet machines rpcuser/pass is what cgminer needs to connect the miners though.

You'll need to add each miner machines IP to the wallet machines globalcoin.conf before it will let them through:

Code:
rpcallowip=minerIP
rpcallowip=miner2IP

So for each of the miner machines cgminer bat connection details:

Code:
cgminer.exe -o http://walletmachineIP:walletmachinerpcport -u walletmachinerpcuser -p walletmachinerpcpassword

ok great, that is what I did, I didn't know if it would cause problems with multiple machines with the same user/pw

the "server" machine has a rpcallow= localhost
the 2nd worker has a rpcallow 192.x.x.x

I just made batch files for each machine, one points to local host, the other to the 192 address.. both are connected and hashing so I guess it's going well.
they're both on the same block though.. is that normal?
You can have the globalcoin.conf rpcuser/pass the same on each miner machine, no drama there. The wallet machines rpcuser/pass is what cgminer needs to connect the miners though.

You'll need to add each miner machines IP to the wallet machines globalcoin.conf before it will let them through:

Code:
rpcallowip=minerIP
rpcallowip=miner2IP

So for each of the miner machines cgminer bat connection details:

Code:
cgminer.exe -o http://walletmachineIP:walletmachinerpcport -u walletmachinerpcuser -p walletmachinerpcpassword

EDIT: You're probably already aware but just in-case - if your wallet machine is also a miner make sure the secondary miner is using the wallet machines network IP not "localhost" to connect with cgminer Smiley
thanks for the quick reply, I noticed the diff did just change to 1 in cgminer.
everything else looks ok to you though? I guess now I just play the waiting game for a block to be accepted?

if so I'm gonna fire up my other rig and point it at this one.

Seeing all those block finds looks a little strange though, make sure you have your globalcoin.conf with these nodes (remove any others, they are most likely dead):

Code:
addnode=162.243.239.107
addnode=162.243.106.159
addnode=162.243.104.134
addnode=162.243.231.130

Remove peers.dat as well for good measure. Remember to restart your wallet for the changes to take effect.

I'd also recommend if solo mining (with no pool as backup) to reduce cgminers scantime and expirytime values to help with rejects. I currently have both values set at 5.

ok got all that done and fired back up on my first miner, now to configure the 2nd for it as well.
question though, does the conf file on the host machine need to be changed to reflect a new username/pw for the 2nd machine, or do those stay the same?
 thanks again!
everything else looks ok to you though? I guess now I just play the waiting game for a block to be accepted?

Seeing all those block finds looks a little strange though, make sure you have your globalcoin.conf with these nodes (remove any others, they are most likely dead):

Code:
addnode=162.243.239.107
addnode=162.243.106.159
addnode=162.243.104.134
addnode=162.243.231.130

Remove peers.dat as well for good measure. Remember to restart your wallet for the changes to take effect.

I'd also recommend if solo mining (with no pool as backup) to reduce cgminers scantime and expirytime values to help with rejects. I currently have both values set at 5.
does this look right to you guys?
I just got this setup tonight but it's showing difficulty as 0, and no accepted blocks.
conwarz shows diff at .462

but cgminer says zero.. any suggestions?

Difficulty displayed in cgminer is rounded down, I would assume it's correct, though diff 1+ is very soon, see if it changes then.

EDIT: We've just hit difficulty 1.84 so cgminer should now be displaying diff as 1

eta forgot to answer the 2nd part
I had my scan time set at default at first, then figured that was too high so I changed it to 35.. switching it to 5 should net me the best results for now?
I do not have another pool as a backup, just doing the solo thing for now.
I just got this setup tonight but it's showing difficulty as 0, and no accepted blocks.

Difficulty displayed in cgminer is rounded down, though diff 1+ is very soon, see if it changes then.

EDIT: We've just hit difficulty 1.84 so cgminer should now be displaying diff as 1

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Derp, meant to edit that post not delete it, oh well..
There she blows, difficulty .46 and back to 2 or more in another 600 blocks
Hrm... networkhash going up, but diff going down... did we fork?

Damn 2600$/day @ 5Mhash!

This coin is forked up!

No fork just pools down and the 600 block re-adjust came into play. So 60k coins will be minted across 250mhs network, then shoot back to higher difficulty.
o3u
Activity: 393
Merit: 250
Money comes, money goes

Damn 2600$/day @ 5Mhash!

This coin is forked up!

It's the adjustment from 500mhs network hashrate to now 100mhs, pools are down again Sad
Activity: 27
Is anyone else having trouble syncing their wallet?
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Can you help me? Can i mine globalcoin solo at one computer using wallet on another computer?
On a first i can only use linux console, haven't display.

Of course you can. You simply run the daemon (globalcoind) on another computer and use that computer's IP address instead of localhost/127.0.0.1 for your miner.

Sorry, I'm used to easy settings with BTC Wink  So I have my wallet on 1 PC and it's sync'd.  My miner is a different PC.  I've got all my settings that I normally use in my cgminer.conf and I added the IP of the miner to my globalcoin.conf.  But how/where do I tell cgminer to talk to the PC with the wallet?
Activity: 182
Hello,

New here ...

Announcing a new GlobalCoin [GLC] Mining Pool. PPS payouts. Currently supports stratum mining only.

Web Address here: http://globalcoin.chriskoeber.com

Information on ports (etc.) at page.

Currently charging no fees.
Can you help me? Can i mine globalcoin solo at one computer using wallet on another computer?

Of course you can. You simply run the daemon (globalcoind) on another computer and use that computer's IP address instead of localhost/127.0.0.1 for your miner.

You'll also need to add the ip address of your miner with rpcallowip within the globalcoin.conf file of your wallet computer:

Code:
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=strongpassword
rpcallowip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
rpcallowip=localhost
rpcport=55788
port=55789
daemon=1
server=1
maxconnections=100
addnode=162.243.239.107
addnode=162.243.106.159
addnode=162.243.104.134
addnode=162.243.231.130

Then just point your miner to http://ipaddress:rpcport of your wallet computer.
Activity: 203
Merit: 100

Activity: 12
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
cryptsy.com trades GLC/BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: