Pages:
Author

Topic: GlobalBoost-Y $BSTY GlobalBoost®, Yescrypt Social @NetworksManager™ - page 93. (Read 630268 times)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Can someone explain to me the steps I need to take to sync my wallet?

I mined some coins while it was not synced, and now it won't sync at all.

It happened to me the same...

go to C:\Users\yourpc'susername\AppData\Roaming\GlobalBoostY\
delete it and restart the exe file.

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Can someone explain to me the steps I need to take to sync my wallet?

I mined some coins while it was not synced, and now it won't sync at all.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
Activity: 131
Activity: 444
Merit: 252
Thanks BSTDev!!  Please join us on the IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/#GlobalBoost

MINING POOL DEVELOPMENT

CURRENT BOUNTY: 500 BSTY
DONATE TO BOUNTY: Y9ZFpXSedYgrmFJ2vigsUgpQ964Ae4ZQ3L

You The Man BSTDev !!

Guys we are giving high priority to the mining pool. we are working on it very hard and we are very close to get the minerd and the mining pool software working. just be patient and we hope to get the pool code ready this weekend. We will be releasing the code immediately after getting that working. Thanks for all your support.
You The Man BSTDev !!

Guys we are giving high priority to the mining pool. we are working on it very hard and we are very close to get the minerd and the mining pool software working. just be patient and we hope to get the pool code ready this weekend. We will be releasing the code immediately after getting that working. Thanks for all your support.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
We seriously STILL have no pool for this coin?!  

It was so stupid to launch this without a pool in the first place, 3 days in and all talks are of exchanges and wallet sync issues.  Why are we talking of exchanges already when only a select few can even mine this coin?!  

Mining should be shut down completely until it can be made fair for all to mine!
assuming you didnt type this from your phone, then you can mine this!

Actually I did mine this for almost 2 days, I got 6 blocks within 10 minutes of this launching.....over the next 2 days, I mined straight with no blocks found.  My processor gave around 500 kh/s.  Tried again yesterday for about 6 hours with the updated wallet, although I saw an improvement in my speed to around 70 kh/s I still solved nothing in 6 hours.  I could not fathom continuing to waste resources and power for nothing so I shut them down.

I would not have made any of these comments if I was not interested in this coin, but it is beyond frustrating wanting to partake in a coin that was launched "to be fair" for all to mine over 3 days ago and yet only a few can still really earn coins.  Then reading through posts and getting the feeling that getting a pool up has not been the highest priority, just upsetting is all.
over a longer period of time your rewards for mining at a pool, or mining solo would be exactly the same if your not in it for just these 4 days then continuing to solo will eventually solve a block..  Also can you verify 500 k/hash? my windows box was getting 600 hash/sec and my linux box is getting 2.6k hash/s this is running 12 threads windows, and 6 cores linux...

*edit, nethash is 650k/hash current so ignoring your 500khash comment, if everyone ran linux at my speed we would all sovlve a block ~ every 1.8 days (with average luck) remember block time is 10 minutes, lots of recent coins are 1 minute blocks.  (show math: 650,000 nethash / 2,500 my hash = one in 260 blocks * 10 min blocktimes = 2600 minutes / 60 min hours / 24 hour days = 1.8 days Cheesy
Activity: 96
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

It was so stupid to launch this without a pool in the first place, 3 days in and all talks are of exchanges and wallet sync issues.  Why are we talking of exchanges already when only a select few can even mine this coin?! 

Mining should be shut down completely until it can be made fair for all to mine!

Actually I did mine this for almost 2 days, I got 6 blocks within 10 minutes of this launching.....over the next 2 days, I mined straight with no blocks found.  My processor gave around 500 kh/s.  Tried again yesterday for about 6 hours with the updated wallet, although I saw an improvement in my speed to around 70 kh/s I still solved nothing in 6 hours.  I could not fathom continuing to waste resources and power for nothing so I shut them down.

I would not have made any of these comments if I was not interested in this coin, but it is beyond frustrating wanting to partake in a coin that was launched "to be fair" for all to mine over 3 days ago and yet only a few can still really earn coins.  Then reading through posts and getting the feeling that getting a pool up has not been the highest priority, just upsetting is all.

Nice work Jamo4000 !!

I found a block with my little server (185 hash/sec) !
Lucky !  Grin

Activity: 807
Merit: 251
I found a block with my little server (185 hash/sec) !
Lucky !  Grin

legendary
Activity: 952

It was so stupid to launch this without a pool in the first place, 3 days in and all talks are of exchanges and wallet sync issues.  Why are we talking of exchanges already when only a select few can even mine this coin?! 

Thank you for the input IMJim.  We are moving at the best pace we can and some people from the community are helping out.  I believe that we have cleared up issues people are having in the IRC.  I hope you find a cryptocoin that is more to your liking.  Take care.   Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it

legendary
Activity: 1260

I just compiled on Ubuntu, and everything seems to be working fine.

I just cloned the github directory
cd'ed into the folder
qmake
make

and opened the wallet...
(I have all the deps already from previous wallet builds)

I am mining now, let's see if I get lucky...

Great!! Happy mining Smiley

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
I just compiled on Ubuntu, and everything seems to be working fine.

I just cloned the github directory
cd'ed into the folder
qmake
make

and opened the wallet...
(I have all the deps already from previous wallet builds)

I am mining now, let's see if I get lucky...

This is via "bstdev" on a Skype Chat we had with him last night:

"If they are on the same subnet, you can connect to the wallet using the rpc port"

Let me know if that helps, and join us on the IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/#GlobalBoost

nice social coin. i have many computer ... how to unite them together to mine to a single wallet ?
Activity: 649
Merit: 505
nice social coin. i have many computer ... how to unite them together to mine to a single wallet ?
Activity: 656
Merit: 500
Go Jupiter!
Can anyone explain me how to compile the wallet on linux ?

Get dependencies (https://github.com/GlobalBoost/GlobalBoost-Y/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md)

git clone https://github.com/GlobalBoost/GlobalBoost-Y global
cd global/src
make -f makefile.unix

Wait for about 10 minutes, depending on the speed of the computer.
strip globalboostyd
cp globalboostyd ~/bin/globalboostyd
cd
bin/globalboostyd

This is where it will spit some stuff and and error. No issues.

nano .globalboostyd/globalboost.conf

Copy/paste this in, save file

rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
daemon=1
server=1
dnsseed=1
irc=0
rpcthreads=100

bin/globalboostyd

That should treat you right!

Thank you! I'll try!

If you run into errors, copy them and paste them here or in a hastebin.com and link here. I should be able to help figure out any errors.
Activity: 79
Can anyone explain me how to compile the wallet on linux ?

Get dependencies (https://github.com/GlobalBoost/GlobalBoost-Y/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md)

git clone https://github.com/GlobalBoost/GlobalBoost-Y global
cd global/src
make -f makefile.unix

Wait for about 10 minutes, depending on the speed of the computer.
strip globalboostyd
cp globalboostyd ~/bin/globalboostyd
cd
bin/globalboostyd

This is where it will spit some stuff and and error. No issues.

nano .globalboostyd/globalboost.conf

Copy/paste this in, save file

rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
daemon=1
server=1
dnsseed=1
irc=0
rpcthreads=100

bin/globalboostyd

That should treat you right!

Thank you! I'll try!