Pages:
Author

Topic: Going after Trendon Shavers, Pirateat40, BTCST - page 5. (Read 48480 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522
So, did everyone give up or forget about this? Just odd how steady posts were , then suddenly halted.
Nothing will happen.
From what I've seen, everything here is hot air only.
There were lots of threats, but everybody chickened out.
All talk, no action; it's ridiculous.
Expect other scams like this in the future.

No, but mostly because the sort of folks that'd fall for this sort of thing are blissfully poor by now and only getting poorer.
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
He is living his life with his wife and her two kids like nothing ever happened in McKinney TX.

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
But do we know where he is?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
He probably has very few coins left and sold them for a lot cheaper than they are now.
BCB
vip
BCJ
Pretty much.

He got away.  Scott Free.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
So, this is dead, huh?
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks
If the SEC and the FED can not prosecute executives at HSBC, Goldman, Bear, Lehman and MF Global etc. for fraud then there is no way they are bringing in a piker like Trendon Shavers for scamming with his Internet play money. The only hope is income tax fraud cause no way the Shavers' can afford those vehicles and that home on Ashley's Six Flags income.
Legally would he be ok if he claimed it as 1099 investment income?  If he paid taxes then it wouldn't be an IRS issue, correct?
BCB
vip
BCJ
If the SEC and the FED can not prosecute executives at HSBC, Goldman, Bear, Lehman and MF Global etc. for fraud then there is no way they are bringing in a piker like Trendon Shavers for scamming with his Internet play money. The only hope is income tax fraud cause no way the Shavers' can afford those vehicles and that home on Ashley's Six Flags income.
donator
Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
Bump...any news? Perhaps Trendon should take his story to Hollywood....I'd watch that movie!
Activity: 560
I am the one who knocks
That's a question for Theymos.
Will he answer that?
BCB
vip
BCJ
If you know Trendon Shavers (www.trendonshavers.com) and you know the make and model of the brand new BMW or the F550 truck he recently purchased on any other assets he has,  you might want to let the IRS know about it.  Any assets Trendon Shavors has or controls could only have been purchased with fraudulent income from his Bitcoin Securities Ponzi scheme.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f3949a.pdf
Print the form and mail to:

Internal Revenue Service
Fresno, CA 93888
If you do not wish to use Form 3949-A, you may send a letter to the address above. Please include as much information as possible, such as these important points:
Name and Address of person or business you are reporting
The individual’s social security number or the business’ employer identification number
A brief description of the alleged violation(s), including how you became aware or obtained information about  the violation(s)
The years involved
The estimated dollar amount of any unreported income
Your name, address and telephone number*
*Although you are not required to identity yourself, it is helpful to do so. Your identity will be kept confidential.
Activity: 616
Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer
That's a question for Theymos.
BCB
vip
BCJ
Is anyone aware of other user names (suspected or confirmed) that Trendon Shavers used on this board besides pirateat40?
BCB
vip
BCJ
We know that many people outside the bitcoin commuinty are following these Trendon Shaver threads.  Thank you for you assistance so far.

We have another request.

Trendon Shavers my have been in the past or currently using assumed names or an alias.  If you have seen or know this guy and know him by a name other then Trendon Shavors we'd like to hear from you.

http://trendonshavers.com/
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Running one without taking something four yourself doesn't make sense ... Why run it if there is zero profit?

I think most people would regard the lavish lifestyles which ponzi operators typically lead before their schemes collapse as "taking something for yourself".
Activity: 695
Running one without taking something four yourself doesn't make sense ... Why run it if there is zero profit?

True. By some estimates, the pirate took something between Ƀ100,000 and Ƀ200,000.

There were indications that he had a money-laundering operation going for quite some time to launder the bitcoins he took.
Activity: 784
Activity: 792
Merit: 1000
Bite me
I've never heard of a bust ponzi scam having anything to show for itself once investing dries up, since they're paying out old investors with new money they end up with nothing except whatever they blew on themselves while the scam was going. Any proof this guy has any money? He's probably living out of a van down by the river and blew it all on lying to women in bars throwing your money around and gambling.

Stanford 7 billion ponzi scheme was left with 88 million when busted, so like ~1.2% to recover, Bernie Madoff had nothing except real estate

well they can't - as a ponzi scheme cannot have enough cash to cover the losses as it would not be a ponzi scheme then
you use the money coming in to pay off the early adopters [or ones that cash out] and when you cannot get enough coming it it all falls over ...
pyramid systems at the best
Activity: 899
I've never heard of a bust ponzi scam having anything to show for itself once investing dries up, since they're paying out old investors with new money they end up with nothing except whatever they blew on themselves while the scam was going. Any proof this guy has any money? He's probably living out of a van down by the river and blew it all on lying to women in bars throwing your money around and gambling.

Stanford 7 billion ponzi scheme was left with 88 million when busted, so like ~1.2% to recover, Bernie Madoff had nothing except real estate

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
If a vigilante threatened and/or attacked Pirate, I bet someone could make a good made-for-tv movie about the whole ordeal. This would also bring mass media attention to bitcoin. Looking for possible movie taglines.
Stop, all movie rights are locked up under this thread.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dr-coin-hdsolar-is-looking-for-a-treatment-to-pitch-lets-give-him-one-105573

Beat you to it  Grin but I make this promise if this does get made into a movie (lifetime would probably be the ones that pick it up but we need a wife to get beaten up) profits will go to the Pirate F'ed me fund.

Damn, can't come up with an original idea, but happy that the proceeds are going to charity.

Maybe we can take the reality tv angle.
Pages:
Jump to: