Pages:
Author

Topic: Going after Trendon Shavers, Pirateat40, BTCST - page 6. (Read 48480 times)

legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
All talk, no action; it's ridiculous.

Actually is "all scams, no action"
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
So, did everyone give up or forget about this? Just odd how steady posts were , then suddenly halted.
Nothing will happen.
From what I've seen, everything here is hot air only.
There were lots of threats, but everybody chickened out.
All talk, no action; it's ridiculous.
Expect other scams like this in the future.
Activity: 386
Merit: 250
If a vigilante threatened and/or attacked Pirate, I bet someone could make a good made-for-tv movie about the whole ordeal. This would also bring mass media attention to bitcoin. Looking for possible movie taglines.
Stop, all movie rights are locked up under this thread.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dr-coin-hdsolar-is-looking-for-a-treatment-to-pitch-lets-give-him-one-105573

Beat you to it  Grin but I make this promise if this does get made into a movie (lifetime would probably be the ones that pick it up but we need a wife to get beaten up) profits will go to the Pirate F'ed me fund.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Goat, if you were stupid enough to send a guy named Pirateat40 40,000 BTC on a "agreement" that he will pay you 7% per week, then you are stupid enough to never get any of that 40,000 BTC back. This is the wild west on the internet. By all means send more good money chasing after bad money. It's entertaining! LOL!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
This sucks  Angry

I bet.....
Activity: 18
If a vigilante threatened and/or attacked Pirate, I bet someone could make a good made-for-tv movie about the whole ordeal. This would also bring mass media attention to bitcoin. Looking for possible movie taglines.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
My guess would be that silkroad took all the coins for all the Crack and heroin he's using.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
In cryptography we trust
I meant in regards to attempting to deal with the Pirate situation, taking matters into your/our own hands.

I had a lawyer in the USA try and do collection on pirate. We know who he is but he does not own anything. So unless the SEC or whatever convicts him there is little we can do to get back BTC.

Do you know if he lost the money or is he just hiding it?

he clearly has btc

now how do i recover that with a lawyer?

You don't, this is the wild west.
In cryptography we trust
I meant in regards to attempting to deal with the Pirate situation, taking matters into your/our own hands.

I had a lawyer in the USA try and do collection on pirate. We know who he is but he does not own anything. So unless the SEC or whatever convicts him there is little we can do to get back BTC.

Do you know if he lost the money or is he just hiding it?
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
got him in the pokéball yet?
So, did everyone give up or forget about this? Just odd how steady posts were , then suddenly halted.

Yeah, everyone found a new investment opportunity with 7% interest per week.

http://soshable.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

pirate said wait until oct 12th and the biggest guys all quit on me. i had to do my own thing. i now understand they are interested in starting something up. i wish them luck...

Does this mean you're out of it now? I'm curious to know whether or not there are any Pirate updates.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
pirate said wait until oct 12th and the biggest guys all quit on me. i had to do my own thing. i now understand they are interested in starting something up. i wish them luck...

Didn't you just "bet" Psy 1,000 BTC recently? You could use that to get you a half-retarded attorney to help you "find" pirate. LOL use that instead of depending on the "biggest guys" to help you out. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
In cryptography we trust

Yeah, everyone found a new investment opportunity with 7% interest per week.
Activity: 532
That is until Shavers keeps records of anyone that contacts his family and countersues for harassment.

That would be a funny thing... Roll Eyes

Officer: So, why are they harrasing you and your family?
Trendon: Well, I stole $X,XXX,XXX.XX from them...

It is considered a debt right now.  Theft is taking something without the permission of the owner.  The owners of these bitcoins gave the bitcoins to Shavers voluntarily without any written contract on when it will be paid back.  So now people that gave bitcoins to Shavers are trying to collect a debt he has with them where that debt is in a virtual currency that is not legal tender in any jurisdiction.

Can we please stop spreading this outright nonsense.

Theft can also be done through fraud by deceiving customers. By your argument, Enron execs should be free of any charges and Madoff would be enjoying his billions on an island somewhere.

Scamming is illegal and committing large-scale fraud over millions of dollars worth of assets is punishable in the US and almost every other country to speak of.

Enron stock isn't legal tender either, but had an easily measurable USD value, just like bitcoins or Pirate deposits.

That is why it is called defrauding and not theft.  Enron stock was also regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission; bitcoins are regulated by whom?  I wish all of you guys to get bitcoins back though.  Maybe next time you will put in the contract if someone is unable to pay back their debt in bitcoins in X amount of time, they will be held liable for the funds in fiat currency.
Activity: 661
I agree with earlier sentiment that this money was probably gone a while ago anyway.

If that's true then why does he still bother to show up and threaten people? It would take quite a while to sell off that much BTC, and it's not like he can spend it on anything until it's fiat.

What makes you believe that he wasn't selling the majority of it as it came in?

That was my thinking.  If it was truly the entire time a ruse, then that money is likely gone.  He could have owed people a shitload, or just wasted it on fake tits for his wife that will eventually leave him for another pirate with more booty. 
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I agree with earlier sentiment that this money was probably gone a while ago anyway.

If that's true then why does he still bother to show up and threaten people? It would take quite a while to sell off that much BTC, and it's not like he can spend it on anything until it's fiat.

What makes you believe that he wasn't selling the majority of it as it came in?
Activity: 616
Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer
We know who he is, he's afraid of legal action already in progress. Time will tell.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Pages:
Jump to: