Pages:
Author

Topic: Gold & Silver are safe than bank deposits ?? - page 33. (Read 19247 times)

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
The problem in holding gold and silver is that you still pay for the taxes for that year and it seems that growth is not sustainable to the tax accrued. So in conclusion, holding large volume of gold and silver for a long time is not that profitable compared to real estate and stock markets.

That would depend where you live and what you buy.

In the UK legal tender gold and silver coins like Britannias, sovereigns, the lunar series and Queens Beasts series are capital gains tax free + all gold is VAT free.

Also with real estate there are additional costs like maintenance etc.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 629
If you look at the security of the investment and the profitability, the answer will be yes. The reason for this is that banks are at risk of sinking no matter how safe they are, and at another point there will be problems banks may experience. Banks are at risk even at low levels, but gold and silver do not carry that or so much risk. It also offers more income in the long term than the bank.
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
Thinking on the higher plane of existence.
Note: If you like my topics/threads and posts give me "+merits". See on the right side of each post (top right corner) there is "+Merits"

I think now fixed deposit interest rates are less than 5% p.a in USA and Europe. In India fixed deposit rates are 6.5%.

Gold and Silver gives average profit of 8% to 12% per year. Silver will most likely give 20% to 30% profit each year from here on to reach $60/ounce.

Example:

Profit for gold and silver for year 2016 is 12%.

Profit for gold and silver for year 2017 is 0%

Profit for gold and silver for year 2018 is 8%

Profit for gold and silver for year 2019 is 16%

So average profit for 4 years is +9%

How secured/safe are investments in gold and silver if you decide to remove/withdraw your money from banks fixed deposits and invest them in Gold and silver ??

The problem in holding gold and silver is that you still pay for the taxes for that year and it seems that growth is not sustainable to the tax accrued. So in conclusion, holding large volume of gold and silver for a long time is not that profitable compared to real estate and stock markets.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
https://trueflip.io/
Yes i agree with you i think investing with gold and silver is more profitable than putting your money on the bank because price of gold goes up every year so you can have a bigger profit compared to almost 2percent on savings account.
I also think having them both will somehow make you feel secured and safe.It's not a bad idea to put a fraction of your money into your trusted bank and others are for your own investments in crypto and in gold and silver too.They will give you good profits which will be more beneficial in the future.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
Yes i agree with you i think investing with gold and silver is more profitable than putting your money on the bank because price of gold goes up every year so you can have a bigger profit compared to almost 2percent on savings account.
Activity: 144
Merit: 10
Earn with impressio.io
it seems that everything has its own risk, while for gold and silver more has a very small risk than the bank deposit because the total supply available is unlimited and the demand of gold and silver is also very much.

Gold and silver less risk than other investment because gold and silver trusted by peoples for centuries. Deposit money in bank have risk inflation and reducing the value.
In this digital era, some peoples think better investing on bitcoin because its more safe and bitcoin have limited supply.

I cannot agree with it actually, coz you know what? Even if we can see that lots of people and new investors go into bitcoin, it is not that plenty enough if you actually think about it. Due to some issues people are even avoiding to invest crypto not only because of some reasons like it had dropped down, and some other negative reasons, but people also differs in perspectives in life.
Activity: 266
Merit: 32
it seems that everything has its own risk, while for gold and silver more has a very small risk than the bank deposit because the total supply available is unlimited and the demand of gold and silver is also very much.

There is $10 to $90 worth of gold is each computer (processor). Gold runs the computers/laptops.

There is 20 grams Silver in an average sized solar panel. Those miles and miles of solar farms worldwide.
Activity: 924
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

Gold and silver less risk than other investment because gold and silver trusted by peoples for centuries. Deposit money in bank have risk inflation and reducing the value.
In this digital era, some peoples think better investing on bitcoin because its more safe and bitcoin have limited supply.
Activity: 420
Merit: 102
For me both are good and bank deposits are also a good way to make profit over fixed deposits and i believe that gold and silver price can fluctuates while the bank deposits will the same as it is in agreement.
That is up to you. Somehow banks are good in this regard but the problem comes when you observer their policies. They invest your huge money in form of cash or silver or gold, and get amazing profits. But they give you so little percentage. And in some religions it is not legal to take that interest money. So better is to work with that money and earn by yourself. Isn’t it right?
Activity: 560
Merit: 105
PIR
Activity: 322
CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10
Sometimes we thought that this one is better than this one.. but really they're both better is just that we have to really make sure that what we invest is safe and secure may it be in bank, may it be gold or silver or even money considering that now a days people are very dangerous ans suspicious  and sometimes there are hacker too. as some suggest we need back up plan.
Activity: 350
Note: If you like my topics/threads and posts give me "+merits". See on the right side of each post (top right corner) there is "+Merits"

I think now fixed deposit interest rates are less than 5% p.a in USA and Europe. In India fixed deposit rates are 6.5%.

Gold and Silver gives average profit of 8% to 12% per year. Silver will most likely give 20% to 30% profit each year from here on to reach $60/ounce.

Example:

Profit for gold and silver for year 2016 is 12%.

Profit for gold and silver for year 2017 is 0%

Profit for gold and silver for year 2018 is 8%

Profit for gold and silver for year 2019 is 16%

So average profit for 4 years is +9%

How secured/safe are investments in gold and silver if you decide to remove/withdraw your money from banks fixed deposits and invest them in Gold and silver ??
I think it will be risen by the world so I read more about economic and technology in this way, the right direction. Cause bitcoin can be your best bet is to invest, the future type. I support even though, right? Hahaha! the future, and technology. The real world is to say it was that the future.
Activity: 938
Merit: 137
Yes, such calculations convincingly prove that storing savings in gold and silver is much more profitable than on bank deposits. However, in my country a fairly high inflation and bank interest on deposits is 21-23 percent. However, I think that the situation will eventually be approximately the same.
Activity: 266
Merit: 32
Gold and silver already know for hundred years ago as good investment. Its more resistance from inflation and the value always increasing. Deposit fiat on banks reducing value on our asset because central banks always creating inflation

Total gold mined and available worldwide is worth $30,000,000,000,000 to $50,000,000,000,000.

So it takes some $4,000,000,000,000 for Gold price to go up by +10%.

Biggest company "Apple Inc." listed on Stock market is worth $600,000,000,000.
Activity: 700
Gold and silver already know for hundred years ago as good investment. Its more resistance from inflation and the value always increasing. Deposit fiat on banks reducing value on our asset because central banks always creating inflation
Activity: 476
Everything is better than bank deposits! I mean putting your money in your mattress is better than bank deposits. Gold and silver peices moves up and down and you can see profits there. In banks it just sits there and banks will require you get over to an ATM machine to use it. The better move is to just invest it
Activity: 364
For me both are good and bank deposits are also a good way to make profit over fixed deposits and i believe that gold and silver price can fluctuates while the bank deposits will the same as it is in agreement.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 251
Gold and silver already known as safest investment. Depositing our money in bank can reducing the value by inflation but not with gold and silver, its more resistance on inflation. Gold still become favorite investment because its real and we can touch it
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041
I disagree, as the fact that they went up in the past few days don't really say that they have a linear way up or promises that they will go up in the future.

They defiently can bring you more interest then just storing your funds in the bank, but everything that might give you a higher interest also involves a higher risk, nothing really promises you that people won't find any new way to produce gold in the future which is going to make gold worthless and also your investment.
Also, storing the gold and silver in your house may require you to hold a vault and also involves risk of getting your funds stolen by breaking your house.
No one is for sure saying they have a linear way up but for over the years now, we all know that at least it is a better store of value than leaving your funds in the bank because even fiat itself has been getting screwed over the years.

Plus, you do not have to store gold and silver in your home as you can easily get that done in safer vaults as no one would want to take such a risk of putting gold worth a lot in their house anyway, but at the same time, there is really not much of a risk when storing in gold or silver compared to banks itself.
Activity: 92
Merit: 0
Different banks have the amount they give in return for fixed deposits, this applies to different regions of the world. The only place where I would agree with you about gold and silver being safe is the fact that different currencies have different values depending on the country one takes a specific currency  to, whereas gold and silver have the same value in almost all countries so an investment in is going to be stable regardless of the country you decide to travel to with it.
Pages:
Jump to: