Pages:
Author

Topic: Gold & Silver are safe than bank deposits ?? - page 34. (Read 19247 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 10
Gold and silver , is good investment too because you can get more profit if yoy are investor last few years or 10 years ago when the price is very cheap. And this two kinds of investment is safe also. But if you want to more safe just deposit your money to the register bank but better if you have also invest to gold or silver to earn more money. Don't forget to invest to crypto also.

I do agree with your opinion but many people still don't have a positive opinion about the cryptocurrency because of a lot of scams. Of course, Gold, Silver, Bitcoin is always best investments for the long-term holding, so we can expect higher profits through Bitcoin but at the same time risk is also high.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
Bank deposits are still the best for me because they have the security that people are really looking for and i don't think that there is an assurance that your money will not get lose when you go to gold and silver because what if someone goes into your house and rob you and get all your gold and silver then that is when you will realize the bank deposits are still the best.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 309
Gold and silver are better than banks in terms of interest per year because they price are growing but if you are just comparing gold and silver to the bank because of the safety of your deposits for your money then i will say that it is better to just keep your money in the banks rather than having gold and silver because it is risky to keep it by yourself.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
I wouldn't agree to this you know , there are banks who have high interest rates too for example the digibank .
Yes gold and silver are excellent investments but you know there is always a problem , I think the reason they're very valuable is because they are only very few of those Noble metals in the periodic table, if someday another Noble metal more beautiful than gold and silver is discovered , which is highly likely they will probably loose their value as a whole.
Because we are discovering new things everyday I won't think we won't discover other metals like we discovered platinum but it's quantity was though low, but it doesn't nullifies the possibilities of discovering something big in the future with abundant ores.

WE have different opinion of this issue, Gold and Silver are solid asset but the price value of this two are also dependent on supply and demands on the market, for safe keeping or investment,  it would be more safer than the Bank deposit which being tax by the government every time you have a transaction, But there some bank who offer high interest rate dependent on the country you put your investment.
Activity: 266
Merit: 32
If your objective investment of gold to get more HUGE money . gold is not an option because that is not the purpose of gold and its not worth to do.

I am happy with 10% to 15% p.a safe and guaranteed profits/interest for next 50 years which gold is famous for
Activity: 1512
Merit: 326
Gold always has the possibility of value to gain or having same value because this world still thinks gold is an asset that can be used anywhere.
even the smallest country ever fluctuations in their currency. they will not lose assets if their assets in the form of gold. that's why gold in a safe investment option and less profitable. because the purpose is not for profit. but to save the value of assets for long time
Profit from gold its just like small bonuses.
-snip-

How secured/safe are investments in gold and silver if you decide to remove/withdraw your money from banks fixed deposits and invest them in Gold and silver ??
If your objective investment of gold to get more HUGE money . gold is not an option.
because that is not the purpose of gold and its not worth to do.

Correct. They are safer than crypto but  what about the returns. The comparison OP did is based on just aspect which is not fair.

There have been 5904 bank frauds in India in first 3 months of 2018. Source CNBC TV18

The biggest bank fraud is Punjab National Bank (PNB) and billionaire Nirav Modi where PNB was scammed of $2,000,000,000 by Nirav Modi.

Banks give less than 5% interest on deposits and then they lose $2 billion to a scammer.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 263
Gold and silver , is good investment too because you can get more profit if yoy are investor last few years or 10 years ago when the price is very cheap. And this two kinds of investment is safe also. But if you want to more safe just deposit your money to the register bank but better if you have also invest to gold or silver to earn more money. Don't forget to invest to crypto also.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
This is a silly question...

We all know that gold, silver and other solid assets constantly increase in price with respect to time. It is smarter to invest in gold if you have a great amount of wealth compared to storing it in banks where inflation will eventually eat the value of it. It is more secure to invest in gold/silver, banks can go bankrupt or have anomalies by the cause of system failures.

Correct. They are safer than crypto but  what about the returns. The comparison OP did is based on just aspect which is not fair.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
In my opinion, they sure are way safer and more stable than cryptocurrencies, if you wanna play it safethen you should invest in gold and silvers rather than investing in cryptocurrencies, the only thing that cryptocurrency have that people like is its volatility, the ability or quality to change its value in a matter of minutes, which can be both advantage and disadvantage.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
The advantage with gold and silver is that their prices can't be controlled by the central banks. And they are somewhat protected against inflation due to the principle of limited supply. But at the same time, that doesn't make them immune to robberies or government asset seizure.
Activity: 348
Merit: 10

We all know that gold, silver and other solid assets constantly increase in price with respect to time. It is smarter to invest in gold if you have a great amount of wealth compared to storing it in banks where inflation will eventually eat the value of it. It is more secure to invest in gold/silver, banks can go bankrupt or have anomalies by the cause of system failures.

Storing gold, silver is the best than bank deposit. Because buying a gold, silver is a very high value in market. While depositing at bank is a very risk and a low interest. Gold, silver you can used any where and anyuime you want.
Activity: 686
Merit: 107

Activity: 588
Merit: 100
To me I generally consider physical assets to be more secure than bank deposits. Anyways your investment might not explosively increase in profits. Also, banks can take your money away, anything can happen to your investments there.
Activity: 322
Merit: 12
Gold and silver have been very good ways of investing since the beginning of the world. The price of gold and silver only increases. It's not bad to spread some of your investments around gold or silver but you have to make sure you get them from the right source.
Activity: 728
A bank deposit and cash are the safest way of holding savings. What about gold and silver I have not understood your conclusion about gold and silver because last several years these assets did not grow nearly at all.
I have noticed that now there is a hype around silver many media sources advise to invest in silver. I agree that silver is undervalued comparing with gold but I am not sure that right now it is the best time to buy silver or gold but it is just my opinion.
What about a bank deposit in metal I think that it is quite safe.
Activity: 51
Yes, they are very much safe. Keep all your money in gold and silver and be happy with 10% annual returns.
I prefer saving my money in the bank. At first i dont want to keep money or having gold and silver because it easy to steal. And i dont trust the people around me. It is safer to deposit it in the banks.

You can store gold and silver in bank lockers or vaults owned by gold and silver dealers in other countries.
Activity: 490
Merit: 17
My manager in the office only invest in gold and she has made fortune! She always said she doesn't put her money in the back or invest it in any risky business but in gold.  For the past five years she has not make any losses and I noticed she has time she and also time for selling.
first of all, dump the idea of putting your investments to banks, the returns are not big as any other investments, even for a long term value, banks are way to lame. in gold and silver, uhm i think it is different in such a way that those precious stone' value are dictated how people demands for it, how investors are reacting on the current value, just like diamonds, which its value are just a product of a good marketing strategy, it is how the market perceived its value.

Remember 9/11 terrorist attacks in USA in 2001 and stock markets crash 2008 when DOW Jones went to 6000.

In such events, Gold and Silver gives high profits but banks and other investments are hopeless as the economy comes to an halt. For 4 days no plane/aircraft flew in USA. Airports were shut down.
Pages:
Jump to: