Pages:
Author

Topic: GoldMoney [FB post]: James Turk in conversation with Félix Moreno de la Cova - page 8. (Read 14808 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
I wonder if James had his epiphany yet about Bitcoin or if he will repeat the same nonsense "it's digital ultimate fiat bla bla bla"

Well, by definition, it cannot be fiat money if it is voluntary. "Fiat" indicates a government mandate, decree or command... in short: force. As is the case with legal tender laws.

As in "fiat lux" = "Let there be light" (by divine will...). It implies that governments have the power to make something just by their almighty say-so. It's almost a flashback to the divine rights of kings.

fi·at   [fee-aht, -at; fahy-uht, -at]
noun
1. an authoritative decree, sanction, or order: a royal fiat. Synonyms: authorization, directive, ruling, mandate, diktat, ukase.
2.a fixed form of words containing the word fiat,  by which a person in authority gives sanction, or authorization.
3.an arbitrary decree or pronouncement, especially by a person or group of persons having absolute authority to enforce it: The king ruled by fiat.

It always amazes me how many people who claim to "know money" have not yet learned the real meaning of fiat: value by decree.

It's fine if someone wants to say Bitcoin is "not backed by anything" (intelligent people can argue this both ways)... but it is inaccurate to say it is "fiat."

when a supposed "expert" dismisses a new idea so carelessly you know they have a vested interest in doing so.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250

It always amazes me how many people who claim to "know money" have not yet learned the real meaning of fiat: value by decree.

I keep waiting for humanity to get sick of Sumerian economic theory and bitcoin is the first tool in my knowledge that actually gives us a shot at breaking free of it. 5000 years of this crap is long enough.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1023
Democracy is the original 51% attack
I wonder if James had his epiphany yet about Bitcoin or if he will repeat the same nonsense "it's digital ultimate fiat bla bla bla"

Well, by definition, it cannot be fiat money if it is voluntary. "Fiat" indicates a government mandate, decree or command... in short: force. As is the case with legal tender laws.

As in "fiat lux" = "Let there be light" (by divine will...). It implies that governments have the power to make something just by their almighty say-so. It's almost a flashback to the divine rights of kings.

noun
1. an authoritative decree, sanction, or order: a royal fiat. Synonyms: authorization, directive, ruling, mandate, diktat, ukase.
2.a fixed form of words containing the word fiat,  by which a person in authority gives sanction, or authorization.
3.an arbitrary decree or pronouncement, especially by a person or group of persons having absolute authority to enforce it: The king ruled by fiat.

It's fine if someone wants to say Bitcoin is "not backed by anything" (intelligent people can argue this both ways)... but it is inaccurate to say it is "fiat."
legendary
Activity: 1227
Merit: 1000

noun
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
Apparently:
GoldMoney: we have a lot of new content coming up, the video will be posted next week

I feel like a bait and switch has been pulled on me but let's see when it comes what it'll be.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
looking forward to this.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Very much looking forward to that!
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
UPDATE: Up now! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfzHC7Pf2fk

James Turk in conversation with Félix Moreno de la Cova talking gold and bitcoin. Video to be released soon.
https://www.facebook.com/goldmoneyresearch

Pages:
Jump to: