Pages:
Author

Topic: good effect and bad effects of robots in replacing human Jobs - page 30. (Read 4223 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100
Massive automation will surely deeply influence the economy since it will affect the money flow. It's quite simple - if people are not earning, they cannot spend and pay taxes. Not to mention the fact that they will not have the means to live. There is an attempt to address this issue by so called "Universal basic income" where every citizen should get certain amount of money per month regardless of it's social, employment or any other status. It's something like monthly airdrop Smiley. But at the moment it's just an experiment in several countries Finland beeing one of them.

Woah. My country has this kind of platform -monthly airdrop - but the beneficiary is only the unprivileged. It is made because of the poverty caused by the unemployment that caused by this automation replacing the man power. It is quite sad but the bad effect of this will greatly affect the majority of the "lower class" people. This innovation is inevitable indeed because we're approaching the era were purely technological things are used.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
Robots destroy far more jobs than they create. They don't require health insurance or healthcare. They don't pay taxes. They have no rights or freedoms. They form no unions. Stage no strikes. Protest nothing. They're the ideal worker. Their main competition comes from nations with low cost of living expense / low wages driving low cost of labor. Between outsourcing/offshoring of jobs and robots many established nations will lose millions of jobs which were once done by humans.

Some estimates claim 50% of all jobs are in danger of being automated someday:

Half of American jobs are at risk from automation, new study suggests

The American workforce is under tremendous pressure, with change coming on multiple fronts. That uncertainty is leading to political and social turbulence, a new research paper suggests.

One in four American jobs are at risk of being shipped overseas in the coming years and about half could be replaced by automation, according to Ball State University's Center for Business and Economic Research. A new paper titled, "How Vulnerable are American Communities to Automation, Trade, and Urbanization?" combines several recent studies on employment trends to present a stark view of the future job situation for certain parts of the country.

"Some places and people observe robust benefits while others observe primarily costs" from the changes underway, the researchers wrote. "This has important economic, social, and political implications."

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/19/half-of-american-jobs-are-at-risk-from-automation-new-study-suggests.html

The implications of this bring about discussion on topics such as (UBI) universal basic income where people are supplied wages by the state due to there being no jobs available for humans.

Permaculture, living off grid and similar topics also tend to come up in discussions on job automation.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029
Unfortunately, whether you think it is good or bad, it appears that it is inevitable at this point.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
Presale is live!
The good thing you can look forward to is that there will not be a complete overhaul on humans being replaced by AI in the workforce. The problem with AI is that if it is not programmed properly there is the threat that it can get hacked. Try selling a self-automated system that has the possibility of getting hacked. Think of the consequences of unsafe systems.
Activity: 158
Merit: 10
“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty"
as i said on the title what are the good effects and bad effects of robots in replacing human jobs.
What is your opinion about this guys.

Using robots can make our life easier. And thats what our Engineer/IT/ etc do. It has less mistakes and do their job programmatically or systematically. It dont get tired and can work all day except if it is overheat or malfunctioned. On the other hand, there two type of human workers. First the good, usually they do their job with passion and vert dedicated. While the other do only their job to survive, can also be lazy, unpassionate and a lot of complaints which you cant see in robots. Also if theres such a time that robots take over the job of human a lot of people would be surely unemployed. So finding good alternatives would be best.
Activity: 938
Merit: 102
as i said on the title what are the good effects and bad effects of robots in replacing human jobs.

The good effect is that , robot can make your job / and makes your job done at the specific time you want bad effect , If theres something went wrong with  your robot that makes what its doing to be a disaster  Grin
Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

Robots or simply automated machines are way more effective than human. Having something effective in a production line means faster and better production that will lead to better fulfillment of human needs. The main (short term) bad effect is a lot of people will lose their job to machine.

I think that isn't really a bad effect. Humans have gone through something like this in Industrial Revolution, where human power is replaced by electricity. And today we're doing just fine. People will adapt, they will no longer be relevant to do simple repetitive task. The job for human will be something that require high analytical skill, creativity, and non repetitive instead.

That isn't really a big deal in my opinion. Human have the most complex biological structure in their head, a brain. It will be a waste if they only use their brain to do simple and repetitive task. The rise of robots and automated systems will drive human potential further.
Activity: 504
I see a lot of people in this thread worried about the jobs that would be destroyed. I understand that people would be afraid of that, and I do think it would displace some of our economy; however one thing that nobody seems to point out is the fact that machines would create new jobs while destroying old ones.

While a machine might destroy 5 jobs at a fast food joint it might create a bunch of jobs for people building and maintenance that machine. While those new jobs require some training they also would probably be higher paying, so it’s really a trade off and not so black and white as it may seem.
Activity: 392
Merit: 137
I only see efficiency as a good side for having a robot to a humans job and maybe labor cost but in terms of quality, nothing beats the work of the human hand, precision is the advantage of having worked by human. Human intervention should always be present. If you want a quality work, both human and robot is a good combination.
It often happens that robots work better than humans. In the production of electronic equipment is impossible to do without robots. In the automotive industry is also very often used by the robots. It seems to me that the use of robotics in manufacturing greatly reduces the number of jobs. People create technologies which are then "kill" people.
Activity: 686
Good: gains on efficiency, reducing conflicts, freeing the human mind for the jobs computers/machines cant do (yet)..
Bad. Our society from the industrial revolution (europe and western societies) redistribute wealth thrue work. What we are seeing lately is the value of work/labor is meing decreased thus the so called 1% that concentrate wealth. With machines coming in this problem will be deeper and will have to make very harsh adaptations to mass robotization of labour.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006
I only see efficiency as a good side for having a robot to a humans job and maybe labor cost but in terms of quality, nothing beats the work of the human hand, precision is the advantage of having worked by human. Human intervention should always be present. If you want a quality work, both human and robot is a good combination.
Activity: 280
Merit: 105

I think it is inevitable and I only see it as a good thing, yes many jobs will be replaced but overall as a society it will only increase our productivity and enable us to reach milestones we have never before achieved.
Activity: 560
Merit: 112
Economics section seems look off with this topic. I think it’s more good in the specific off topic section. Don’t really know, but just my opinion though.

Robotics are good if it is only limited for hardwork than any other work that human can do. So it might be lead to chaos economically if abused.
Activity: 286
Cryptics
The good thing is they will increase the effiency of the production and it will increase the productivity, the downside is owner will prefer to use it as it will boost their income and have to decrease human workers which mean there will be more unemployed people in the country. But there are a lot of jobs that can't be done yet by robots and if human don't improve their work performance it's possible that sometimes they will be brushed aside by robot.
Activity: 420
Massive automation will surely deeply influence the economy since it will affect the money flow. It's quite simple - if people are not earning, they cannot spend and pay taxes. Not to mention the fact that they will not have the means to live. There is an attempt to address this issue by so called "Universal basic income" where every citizen should get certain amount of money per month regardless of it's social, employment or any other status. It's something like monthly airdrop Smiley. But at the moment it's just an experiment in several countries Finland beeing one of them.
Activity: 714
Merit: 261

Im not sure why we are discussing the robots here but in my opinion surely we will be unemployed soon because to handle the army of robots there only need to things, one is start button and second is stop button which can be operated by a kid now days. So surely we will be screwed. Lolz.

Look at the automobile industry, how many workers are needed to run the whole assembly ? Just few are sufficient as almost every part of your car is plugged in by a robotic hand! Why would they need us, its cheap and they dint even ask for the promotion and incriminates in the salary like a human would do. So I believe that won’t be good news at all. 
Activity: 248
https://exclusiveplatform.com/
Of course errors will be lessen and more production will be made.  And also it will let workers to have a more convenient jobs. But the saddest part as always is it can cause unemployment. And also reduction on workers salary might happened if unemployment does not occur.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
Well for me the good effect of robots in replacing human jobs is less work to do and the bad effects of it people getting lazy when it happens.

it is indeed that having robots to replace human jobs would help to reduce the duration of work and would somehow boost the production but in my opinion the disadvantage this idea would bring is that the unemployment rate will increase more than the current status .
Activity: 714
Merit: 16
Robot replacing human beings will lead to more effectiveness and efficiency in production because what you gabbage into the robot will be gabbage out, on the other way round there will be retrenchment of workers
Activity: 798
Merit: 268

It will have a big impact on both production and your workers. Robots are designed to make our life more convenient and minimize the time and expenses of some industries but for sure normal people will suffer in this kind of innovation that may result to increased the rate of unemployment.
Pages:
Jump to: