Pages:
Author

Topic: GPU mining will die in 2018! - page 29. (Read 16860 times)

legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1403
March 12, 2018, 03:55:39 PM
Remember guys, the main proposal of cryptos in general is Decentralization

Asics and big farms are total against Decentralization, we are losing focus here, we can say NO to every Asic and DO NOT BUY these craps
Activity: 301
Merit: 31
March 12, 2018, 03:50:58 PM
I think that GPU mining has die long before ...

Every few months We have an info that GPU mining will die. I heard it since first ASIC came to market. But, GPU mining is here, and will be here in the future. Maybe, with some new algos, new coins... and new GPUs...
Let's try to look it from another side. What is the profitable life time of one brand new ASIC? Not more than 8 months, and You will never know would You make return of Your investment. If You bought RX470/480 in August 2016, it is still profitable.

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
March 12, 2018, 03:40:38 PM
GPU processing is still very reliable, depending on developers they can actually kill the mining standards giving place only to ASICS or they can improve the mining algorithms for GPUs so domestic miners can still survive
Activity: 30
March 12, 2018, 03:39:11 PM
I think that GPU mining has die long before ...
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
March 12, 2018, 03:37:58 PM
I guess now the bad got badder, cryptonight asics are about to be released to the public and it looks like this thread might come to be the truth in 2018 and here I thought cryptonight would save all gpu miners. I can't believe I will be right again. I wished i could be wrong for once but I guess my experience within the crypto community since 2008 tells otherwise.

Why cryptonight Asics will kill gpu mining?

A LOT of hashrate of cryptonight are botnets, and CPUs
If cryptonight is not worth anymore, hackers will stop to use botnets, and people will turn off the CPUs to mine

In my opinion, the only real danger is Asic for ETHASH, because most of GPUs are mining ETH
And to kill ETHASH the performance should be HUGE

asics will kick all those botnets and cpus to the curb once the asics get released, anyone with half a brain knows that. take siacoin for instance that just had asics released. theres NO one mining with gpus on that coin anymore, why because gpus are no longer profitable on it because of the high hashrate the asics push out

on a more serious note though Metroid needs to sing a new tune cause this one is getting super old, his roids must be really out of wack

I got two merit points for the post where I gave Metroid the number for the suicide hotline.  I was so proud of myself ... Lol.  Wait I mean ... hehe.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
March 12, 2018, 03:28:33 PM
My humble opinion is that cpu-s mining is future. Mostly because of upcoming ASICs that will destroy gpus.
CPU mining is dominated by botnets, and it's hardly profitable most of the time anyways. Monero's usually the most profitable crypto you can mine with a CPU, and GPUs easily outhash any CPU you might have (see flashed Vega 56/64 at ~2KH/s versus CPUs at ~500H/s). It's very likely not the future, and most CPU-mineable coins are also GPU mineable.
Activity: 462
Merit: 258
Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader
March 12, 2018, 03:23:54 PM
I guess now the bad got badder, cryptonight asics are about to be released to the public and it looks like this thread might come to be the truth in 2018 and here I thought cryptonight would save all gpu miners. I can't believe I will be right again. I wished i could be wrong for once but I guess my experience within the crypto community since 2008 tells otherwise.

If cryptonight is not worth anymore, hackers will stop to use botnets, and people will turn off the CPUs to mine

In my opinion, the only real danger is Asic for ETHASH, because most of GPUs are mining ETH

asics will kick all those botnets and cpus to the curb once the asics get released, anyone with half a brain knows that. take siacoin for instance that just had asics released. theres NO one mining with gpus on that coin anymore, why because gpus are no longer profitable on it because of the high hashrate the asics push out

on a more serious note though Metroid needs to sing a new tune cause this one is getting super old, his roids must be really out of wack
Activity: 96
March 12, 2018, 03:07:19 PM
My humble opinion is that cpu-s mining is future. Mostly because of upcoming ASICs that will destroy gpus.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1403
March 12, 2018, 03:05:16 PM

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
March 12, 2018, 02:15:18 PM
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
March 11, 2018, 04:08:08 PM
I think what really drove up the difficulty wasn't miners buying 20-30 GPUs to mine at their home but it was the idle GPUs sitting with gamers.

Most gamers I know personally got about 2-3 idle GPUs and they hooked them up and just mine when they sleep.

After a few months they buy some cool hardware on Newegg using those BTCs.

Activity: 349
Merit: 184
March 11, 2018, 03:11:07 PM
The mining on old GPUs like 1060-70-80-80 will die because of the appearance of new maps we thought all through 2017.
However, instead of this, these cards have risen in price by 2 times, they have not become available anywhere in the shops and at the sellers. Moreover, nothing new is heard about new cards. Therefore, we proceed further and rejoice.  Grin
Activity: 388
Merit: 13
March 11, 2018, 02:45:05 PM
GPU mining will die for this current generation of cards, as it died for previous generations, it makes little sense to mine with a Radeon HD 7900 nowadays.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
March 10, 2018, 07:34:59 PM
Denying the inevitable is like walk on paradise as a mindless troll hehe, anyway, equihash is already dying regarding profitability, i wonder which algo is next hehe
Activity: 362
Merit: 250
March 10, 2018, 01:16:46 PM
Too many people has started mining.. Every single kid wants to have gpu and mine with it.. I hope that prices of GPUs will stay high as F, so the difficulty won't go up so fast and people won't buy expensive GPUs
Activity: 10
March 10, 2018, 01:13:06 PM
Profitable GPU mining will die in 2018!

GPU mining = CPU mining soon.

Smart CPU mining can still be profitable.

I've got ~75 single CPUs doing about ~16KH on Cryptonight... each one cost me $20-35 bucks (Xeon X5660/X5670). So average $27.50 each = $2062.50 cost for around $700 a month even at todays low profit (they have more than paid for themselves during the peak times in my case).

Also quite a few used quad-CPU servers crunching away...

Now... buying NEW CPUs with the express purpose of mining is NOT a good idea... but used gear can do nicely.

This tactics works on GPU mining too, soon we can buy old GPU´s for $20-35 again, they will still earn something. Not much but something.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
March 10, 2018, 12:44:40 PM
I don't believe that GPU mining will die, but I believe that they will release a newer GPU that more efficient and faster than the older cards.

Or they will release an ASIC miner for daggerhashimoto algo or equihash mining just like what happened to other coins like siacoin.

So it can affect all GPU miners and become non-profitable in mining ethereum or zcash in the future if ever they release a new asic for ethereum or zcash.

However, I still believe that GPU mining profitability will become normal again because the reason of dropping profitability of gpu cards nowadays it's because of the price drop of bitcoin and other coins and reason about the binance and old issue about mt.Gox.
Activity: 17
March 10, 2018, 12:12:50 PM
FUD.

Yes at the moment is a waste of energy, the same way as every single cryptocurrency is a waste of space/air. It didn't freed anyone, it made some ppl reacher at the detriment of others.

If combined, mining computational power is the largest in the world, hands down.

Is just matter of time until someone comes out with that brilliant idea that will revolutionise the mining industry and with it the world.

In the meantime, it is as profitable as it has always been.

You silly ppl keep buying ICO or coins at full price, I mine minable coins, paying 1/10 of their face value and with those accumulated, I start masternodes for even more passive income.

Whoever say that mining will die or that is not profitable blah blah blah.. have never seriously mined.
Activity: 104
Merit: 11
March 10, 2018, 11:11:18 AM
Look at Metroid's previous posts and you'll see why he opened this thread. For the lolz.

Stop feeding the trolls. GPU mining will die, just like all of us.
Activity: 388
Merit: 13
March 10, 2018, 10:52:04 AM
Profitable GPU mining will die in 2018!

GPU mining = CPU mining soon.

Smart CPU mining can still be profitable.

I've got ~75 single CPUs doing about ~16KH on Cryptonight... each one cost me $20-35 bucks (Xeon X5660/X5670). So average $27.50 each = $2062.50 cost for around $700 a month even at todays low profit (they have more than paid for themselves during the peak times in my case).

Also quite a few used quad-CPU servers crunching away...

Now... buying NEW CPUs with the express purpose of mining is NOT a good idea... but used gear can do nicely.

How about motherboards / RAM / PSU's?
Pages:
Jump to: