Pages:
Author

Topic: GPU mining will die in 2018! - page 32. (Read 16860 times)

Activity: 284
Merit: 10
February 07, 2018, 09:02:53 AM
the price of GPUs is killing it.
I bought 4 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition for $730 4 months ago and now cant find another one for less than $1200
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
February 07, 2018, 08:51:05 AM
I think we have a few years left of mining at least. Not sure id want to rely on it as my main income though. Im hoping the GPU market goes down a bit also, not buying at these prices in this market. Perhaps that is just wishful thinking?

/J
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
February 07, 2018, 07:53:51 AM
not die easy, many algo can mine with GPU ...
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
February 07, 2018, 07:46:58 AM

In 2009 they said mining would no longer be profitable
In 2010 they said mining would no longer be profitable
In 2011 they said mining would no longer be profitable
In 2012 they said mining would no longer be profitable
In 2013 they said mining would no longer be profitable
In 2014 they said mining would no longer be profitable
In 2015 they said mining would no longer be profitable
In 2016 they said mining would no longer be profitable
In 2017 they said mining would no longer be profitable

So I am guessing it will be the same for 2018

I agree)

We have Equihash which very hard to build asics for due to the increase in memory requirements

I think gpu mining will die in 2030 maybe. There are so many algorithms out there, there should always be something to mine even when Eth and other coins ends.
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
February 07, 2018, 06:04:37 AM
Right now profits crashed almost 30%, no dual mining anymore and the bills are coming hehe and you will have to sell at loss to pay the bills, so much fun and keep buying rx 580 for $1000 hehe, if bitcoin crashes 100% more I can see the "GPU mining will die in 2018!" becoming more a reality, to many, GPU mining is already dead hehe

After it becomes unprofitable for most people for a few months, the price will rise again, and be profitable again.
Activity: 6
February 05, 2018, 12:44:54 PM
i dont thnk its gonna die. The problem is not dying.

As time goes by, more and more gpu joining. Day by day we get less and less piece of the pie.
Eventually only the strong and low electricity bill miners will be left, cause everyone else will be cutting in short.
This is most likely for Etherium but it will be the same for every other altcoin when etherium is done.

You need to have almost double the equipment to make the same profit as you were making in December 2017 and etherium to go like 3k.
If and when Etherium goes up the pie will even be smaller with the upcoming gpu flood in late Feb-March 2018. I dont see how can anyone have big gains from now on.
The only people who are still high profitable are those who started 1-4 years ago, maybe even 6 months ago.

If you wanna invest now, i guess you should pick few smaller coins and mine the hell out of them in the hopes they go like Etherium did.

Too many people and gpus have joined the race, we just cant all have huge gains.

That is my personal opinion.
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
February 05, 2018, 11:08:39 AM
He's day drinking again.  Probably lost a lot of money on the Super Bowl last night.
Activity: 434
Merit: 2
February 05, 2018, 10:59:30 AM
Requires hi-end video cards and the prices of video cards is increasing maybe this will be the cause of GPU mining to be dead. I hope that there could some other ways to mine no other than using GPU mining but can also use CPU or both. Just a thought...
Activity: 309
Merit: 5
February 05, 2018, 10:51:26 AM
GPU mining will die, but I don't think in 2018. that day must be far away, or at least next 2 years.
GPU mining is not that much energy comsumption as ASIC, but still be so much energy yet.
and yeah, PoS is not decentralize as PoW, but it got some advantages that PoW can never reach.

in my opinion, ETHer will switch to PoS, just the matter of time, cause the network's starting to slow down.

lol when/if eth end up going to POS, there will 99% be another fork, because some miners wont put up with it. im bullish on ETC, a proper speculative commodity. ether is in limbo, like deep diving without an oxygen tank, and trying to figure out what to do when you run out of air. hahaha. vitalik is crying all the time about the uses of his creation. hes like a kid at a playground, but only wants the other kids to play how he does. smart kid, but hes still a kid.

anyways the fork of eth is minable we lost one minable coin but we gain a new one
Activity: 186
Merit: 4
February 05, 2018, 09:37:44 AM
Why you dou people feel the need to feed the fucking troll.
Activity: 16
February 05, 2018, 09:30:43 AM
Metroid, once again, shows us how mathematically illiterate he is! If bitcoin crashed 100% it will go to $0. So there is no "100% cash again".  Please try to learn the basic in maths because you hurt my eyes with what I am reading....
Activity: 259
Merit: 108
February 05, 2018, 09:29:10 AM
Right now profits crashed almost 30%, no dual mining anymore and the bills are coming hehe and you will have to sell at loss to pay the bills, so much fun and keep buying rx 580 for $1000 hehe, if bitcoin crashes 100% more I can see the "GPU mining will die in 2018!" becoming more a reality, to many, GPU mining is already dead hehe

The math major has returned for yet another incredibly bad mathematical post.

"Profits crashed 30%" lol. Profits crashed.. just try and grasp what that means. We're only 70% profitable now. That is so bad!!! Oh my goodness, that's horrible. I need to get out of mining and into something else that's better than 70% profitable! People would kill to be in something that's 10% profitable, never mind 70% - which you're way off by the way. May take you a few years to learn how to crunch the numbers, but learning math can be a valuable tool. You can make money instead of typing incorrect messages on forums.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
February 05, 2018, 09:13:17 AM
Activity: 141
Merit: 4
ethereum is a fork of ethereum classic.
February 03, 2018, 01:17:43 AM
GPU mining will die, but I don't think in 2018. that day must be far away, or at least next 2 years.
GPU mining is not that much energy comsumption as ASIC, but still be so much energy yet.
and yeah, PoS is not decentralize as PoW, but it got some advantages that PoW can never reach.

in my opinion, ETHer will switch to PoS, just the matter of time, cause the network's starting to slow down.

lol when/if eth end up going to POS, there will 99% be another fork, because some miners wont put up with it. im bullish on ETC, a proper speculative commodity. ether is in limbo, like deep diving without an oxygen tank, and trying to figure out what to do when you run out of air. hahaha. vitalik is crying all the time about the uses of his creation. hes like a kid at a playground, but only wants the other kids to play how he does. smart kid, but hes still a kid.
February 02, 2018, 06:33:59 PM
MEtroid, how old are you? Did you ever go at school? From 13k to 7k is not 100%, from 13 to 0 is 100% Same with profit 100% means 100% which means ALL. I do see a point in your posts but please try to gain some very basic numerical skills!

I hope you read and understand the phrases I type cause if you don't understand what almost means then I can't help you with that.

that is almost 100%

This week was so much fun, I myself can't stop laughing at people buying gpus for 400% msrp hehe, I mean people are paying $1000 for a rx 580 where I live hehe and 3 weeks ago, it was $250 hehe. Given how profits are, those people are mostly getting $1.50 per day on eth and by my calculations 1000 / 1.50 = 666.66666666666 days hehe, that is almost 2 years hehe and by then gpu mining is dead and so are them hehe inside fabricated coffins hehe

Every time you post numbers your percentage over msrp that resellers are trying to get for gpu's gets higher and higher.  Lol ... But then I go look and you are always way off.  Now you've up'ed it to 400% which is pretty laughable. 

I agree that reseller prices on gpu's are way too fucking high.  I also agree that no one should be buying gpu's at those prices and if they are, they are an idiot.  But please just admit that when you post numbers like 400% over msrp, you pretty much pull them out of your ass.  Lol ... If nothing else, you're good entertainment around here .

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
February 02, 2018, 06:13:55 PM
for anyone interested you can buy a 1070 or 1080 on Evga the catch you have to buy a Motherboard with it .........they have no other stock for high end GPU's like the 1060 and up ..... an that set up is one per house hold . so don't buy that used 580 for 1 k and when you might be able to find a deal if you buy a combo . an sell that Motherboard etc if you don't need it .sense i'm sure you can't return one with out the other or take a big hit in the refund .

MEtroid, how old are you? Did you ever go at school? From 13k to 7k is not 100%, from 13 to 0 is 100% Same with profit 100% means 100% which means ALL. I do see a point in your posts but please try to gain some very basic numerical skills!

I hope you read and understand the phrases I type cause if you don't understand what almost means then I can't help you with that.

that is almost 100%

This week was so much fun, I myself can't stop laughing at people buying gpus for 400% msrp hehe, I mean people are paying $1000 for a rx 580 where I live hehe and 3 weeks ago, it was $250 hehe. Given how profits are, those people are mostly getting $1.50 per day on eth and by my calculations 1000 / 1.50 = 666.66666666666 days hehe, that is almost 2 years hehe and by then gpu mining is dead and so are them hehe inside fabricated coffins hehe

I find that funny to, pay 1k for a used AMD card that gonna be out dated in about 3 month or so when the new line of 7 nm cards comes out all most makes me want a put a few of mine up for sell and try an buy one of the new a6 coming by INNOSILICON ,, I read some place the New Vega APU is due out this month for 199 for the top end one ... or miss read not sure which but new egg does have a blank listing for them now .. so well see i guess .
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
February 02, 2018, 05:36:28 PM

that is almost 100%

Activity: 294
Merit: 11
Blockchain with solar energy
February 02, 2018, 12:55:27 PM

February 02, 2018, 10:33:01 AM
This week so far, first ASICS of many coins just arrived and so far eth + dual mining coins, sia, dcr, lbc, pascal are dead. Second bitcoin has been constantly crashing, just in few days from  13k to 7k, that is almost 100% and mining also takes 100% less profit regarding money. So all in all, my condolences to the people who bought gpus overpriced and wanted to get rich fast, I have to hand to you --> "You are brave", hehe, those people might never reach even 20% of what they paid for those gpus. Third Congratulations to the people who paid $200 for the rx 580 and rx 570 and sold to the idiots for $500 and over. You are such a smart bunch.

Here is a important thing to remember, mining will never make you rich, buying and selling coins will, be smart.

I wish btc was at 7K.  We were only $40 away from my buy order on gdax at $7500 getting filled at some point last night.  Please please please drop to $7500 ...

He counts on intelligent people not verifying or understanding the numbers that he pulls from his ass.
Activity: 16
February 02, 2018, 10:28:24 AM
This week so far, first ASICS of many coins just arrived and so far eth + dual mining coins, sia, dcr, lbc, pascal are dead. Second bitcoin has been constantly crashing, just in few days from  13k to 7k, that is almost 100% and mining also takes 100% less profit regarding money. So all in all, my condolences to the people who bought gpus overpriced and wanted to get rich fast, I have to hand to you --> "You are brave", hehe, those people might never reach even 20% of what they paid for those gpus. Third Congratulations to the people who paid $200 for the rx 580 and rx 570 and sold to the idiots for $500 and over. You are such a smart bunch.

Here is a important thing to remember, mining will never make you rich, buying and selling coins will, be smart.

I wish btc was at 7K.  We were only $40 away from my buy order on gdax at $7500 getting filled at some point last night.  Please please please drop to $7500 ...

Pages:
Jump to: