Pages:
Author

Topic: GPU mining will die in 2018! - page 37. (Read 16860 times)

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
January 23, 2018, 11:08:56 PM
ETH network right now is at 2.6, 3 weeks ago was 1.5, now which "glib statement" I said? Forget the price cause I did not say anything about price, I said about network difficulty.

It looks like you are the one with "glib statements" to me.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
January 23, 2018, 11:05:20 PM
Actually as usual with all of your glib statements, they are factually incrorrect and outlandish. The Etherum difficulty increase since the beginning of the year is closer to 20% and still is a long way from the peak of difficulty reached during the ice age when ETH was sub $300 for most of that period.

https://etherscan.io/chart/difficulty

If you want to hear what someone with more experiece and preparation thinks about the outlook for GPU mining in 2018, including Etherum mining, BBT had an excelent dissertation this evening. Very informative and highly worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y53rpCyeeRc&feature=youtu.be&t=1330
Xtreme Monster
January 23, 2018, 10:45:16 PM
ETH network difficult in 100% greater than was 3 weeks ago, meaning that if eth price does not increase then the "GPU mining will die in 2018!" will really start to become real and I can see many trolls regretting to be mining ehhe, soon if this trend keeps up we will see millions of gpu's piling up in the ebay by people trying to sell to other idiots their overpriced gpu's hehe
Activity: 73
Merit: 1
January 23, 2018, 06:50:36 PM
For as long as there is a network that is using Proof of Work then Mining will live, simple as that. You are saying it like you know what will happen in the future though but sorry you are wrong. Hate Chinese miners all you want but that's their decision to mine those coins and you can be a miner too because all of us are capable in doing that, Mining is dead everyday!
Xtreme Monster
January 23, 2018, 06:32:08 PM
Well the best thing people can do is not invest in asic coins, siacoin has been crashing since asics hit the network, that is a good thing cause it can discourage the creation of asics for other coins. Dash has not seen an increase on its price for a while and will likely stay stagnant for the whole 2018.
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
January 23, 2018, 12:11:16 PM
My AMD rig is a Vega 56 rig, so I don't mine ETH with it.  I don't have 570/580's.
Activity: 2
Merit: 158
January 23, 2018, 11:27:37 AM
You really don't know what you're talking about, do you?  $1200 for a 580, $1000 for a 580 ... You're all over the place man.  Take your meds please!  I just did a quick scan of Amazon and I found a lot of 580's ... Not a single one was anywhere close to 1K.  I'm not saying they aren't over priced, but you exaggerate things to the extreme. Lol.

Nothing will stay one way forever.  Just as BTC can't go up and up and up and never come down, the same applies to gpu prices.  Regardless ... People can do whatever they want.  If they made uninformed decisions, they deserve to suffer the consequences.

P.S. ... ETH is way down on the list of coins I would mine with an AMD gpu.
It's quite curious, I have also not seen anything of these so called overpriced GPUs. I bought one a week or so ago and it was priced exactly at a price I expected. Also, I don't believe in the death of GPU mining, new algos and coins will pop up faster than it is possible to develop ASICS.

--ypsi
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
January 23, 2018, 11:30:13 AM
Funny resellers were selling a rx 580 for $300 then more than usual interest --> $500 then too much interest --> $800, soon will be $1200 for a rx 580 and people paying that think they will be rich, they don't even calculate anything and whoever is saying gpu mining will not die in 2018 needs to check up their sanity cause people buying a rx 580 for $1200 is digging their own grave and those people will want to take all the stupid people with them hehe

whattomine last calculation eth roi is 450 days by the ongoing price of rx 580 at $800.

I wonder who will kill gpu mining first, people paying $1000 for a rx 580 or ASIC manufactures.

You really don't know what you're talking about, do you?  $1200 for a 580, $1000 for a 580 ... You're all over the place man.  Take your meds please!  I just did a quick scan of Amazon and I found a lot of 580's ... Not a single one was anywhere close to 1K.  I'm not saying they aren't over priced, but you exaggerate things to the extreme. Lol.

Nothing will stay one way forever.  Just as BTC can't go up and up and up and never come down, the same applies to gpu prices.  Regardless ... People can do whatever they want.  If they made uninformed decisions, they deserve to suffer the consequences.

How can ETH be was down the list when whattomine brings it first for AMD 570/580? Couls you give some example of better choices?

Oh summer child...by the time it hits whattomine, largest profit window has already long been closed. Do your research, if everything were handed on a platter to everyone, then how would the rest of us that are willing to work for our earnings profit?
Activity: 145
Merit: 1
January 23, 2018, 11:21:26 AM
Funny resellers were selling a rx 580 for $300 then more than usual interest --> $500 then too much interest --> $800, soon will be $1200 for a rx 580 and people paying that think they will be rich, they don't even calculate anything and whoever is saying gpu mining will not die in 2018 needs to check up their sanity cause people buying a rx 580 for $1200 is digging their own grave and those people will want to take all the stupid people with them hehe

whattomine last calculation eth roi is 450 days by the ongoing price of rx 580 at $800.

I wonder who will kill gpu mining first, people paying $1000 for a rx 580 or ASIC manufactures.

How can ETH be was down the list when whattomine brings it first for AMD 570/580? Couls you give some example of better choices?

This, i'm curious too. Do you mean it's better to mine, for exemple, Musicoin, hopping it will increase some day soon ? (what i think).
Activity: 16
January 23, 2018, 11:15:23 AM

January 23, 2018, 09:36:35 AM

Activity: 21
January 23, 2018, 09:19:43 AM
I think GPU mining will not be easy to die, because there will be another new coin coin.
Xtreme Monster
January 23, 2018, 07:40:15 AM

Activity: 146
Merit: 10
January 23, 2018, 07:25:17 AM
everything one day will day, but that day is not today  Grin
Activity: 600
Merit: 152
January 23, 2018, 12:41:35 AM
With China starting the crackdown on mining (which I am all for  Tongue )  I would assume that GPU mining is here for quite sometime.
Activity: 133
January 22, 2018, 10:07:30 PM
I think its highly unlikely that it will happen this year.
Too much to develop, maybe one day.
It may never happen. Developing software is cheaper and faster than hardware. GPUs are a very powerful processing platform, especially for anything requiring computations on fast memory. I don't see ASICs paired with big fast memory being economical to develop, but even if they were, it would take time.

By the time ASICs start eating the processing power from GPUs an opportunity opens, cheap existing computing power. At that point new coin algorithms will be created for those GPUs, and the cycle repeats. This happened before, it's happening now, can keep happening.

exactly...
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
January 22, 2018, 07:37:08 PM
It may never happen. Developing software is cheaper and faster than hardware. GPUs are a very powerful processing platform, especially for anything requiring computations on fast memory. I don't see ASICs paired with big fast memory being economical to develop, but even if they were, it would take time.

By the time ASICs start eating the processing power from GPUs an opportunity opens, cheap existing computing power. At that point new coin algorithms will be created for those GPUs, and the cycle repeats. This happened before, it's happening now, can keep happening.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
January 22, 2018, 07:31:13 PM
January 22, 2018, 07:28:23 PM
Oh Look ... Someone let him out of the padded room again.  How many hours a day do they let you out?
Xtreme Monster
January 22, 2018, 06:00:09 PM
There were plenty of coins which was ASIC resistant and then failed to keep that way. The same way you trolls think there will be no ASIC for a specific coin means the same way you trolls don't believe in progress which in turn direct to greedy. Nothing is forever trolls, keep dreaming and if you wake up from your dream world then do not be scared of it cause reality is painful for you trolls and trust me it will hurt your trollface like it never did before hehe. Trolls from 2014 that got pretty hard hit know what I'm saying hehe.
Pages:
Jump to: