Pages:
Author

Topic: GPU mining will die in 2018! - page 36. (Read 16860 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 542
Freedom dies from suicide
January 24, 2018, 12:02:41 PM
Mining with gpu ends in 2013
Mining with gpu ends in 2014
Mining with gpu ends in 2015
Mining with gpu ends in 2016
Mining with gpu ends in 2017
Mining with gpu ends in 2018.....
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
January 24, 2018, 11:54:36 AM
lol will be so funny if nvidia blocks mining on upcoming volta gaming gpus to control miners and then make a proper volta gpu card for miners. I'm sure nvidia will take action to prevent what is happening to gamers, no gpus to buy at msrp, gamers paying $1500 for a gtx 1080 ti? yeah right hehe
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
January 24, 2018, 10:32:46 AM
Metroid you worry too much.  What a debby downer.

Chill bro

Sometimes these people are debbie downers.. sometimes they're paid shrills to discourage others from participating in global shifts of wealth. Hard to tell, but easy to not care.

It's easy not to care.  I just hope he doesn't hurt himself.  People that are that depressed and psychotic do crazy things.
Activity: 259
Merit: 108
January 24, 2018, 10:27:19 AM

Chill bro

Sometimes these people are debbie downers.. sometimes they're paid shrills to discourage others from participating in global shifts of wealth. Hard to tell, but easy to not care.
Activity: 294
Merit: 16
January 24, 2018, 10:16:47 AM

Chill bro
Activity: 312
Merit: 104
January 24, 2018, 10:13:29 AM
This is becoming stupid anyway you look at or into, something will happen this year, nvidia or amd could kill gpu mining if they want, asics manufactures can kill gpu mining anytime. People could kill gpu mining with stupidity, there are many ways gpu mining can be killed this year. Trust me I'm worried and you should do.

Why should we be worried, just because you are? And from what i can see, your strongest proof is "SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN THIS YEAR"??
January 24, 2018, 09:45:23 AM
This is becoming stupid anyway you look at or into, something will happen this year, nvidia or amd could kill gpu mining if they want, asics manufactures can kill gpu mining anytime. People could kill gpu mining with stupidity, there are many ways gpu mining can be killed this year. Trust me I'm worried and you should do.

Ok, dad.  Good talk.  Yeah this thread is becoming stupid, because you keep posting non-sense without anything to back it up.  And then you start spinning your wheels again.  And then you cry and say something else that doesn't make sense.

I'll begin worrying when there is a legit reason to worry about my own mining farm and right now, there is no reason.  I don't give a fuck what an idiot who buys a overpriced gpu is doing.  That's his bad judgement and lose in the end, if it doesn't work out.  

Yep Nvidia and AMD could kill mining this year ... If they both go out of business.  Do you think they will just shut their doors, because they have an opinion on a specific large group of people who are buying their products?  NOPE!  Shareholders won't allow that.  Do you think the board of directors at Nvidia gives a fuck where the money is coming from?  They don't.  They care that it is flowing in and that is their only concern.  Do you know anything about how big business works?  NOPE ... You don't.  It's just you and your thoughts in your padded room with your tin foil hat spewing little bits of garbage that most people will never see.  

I honestly do feel sorry for you.  Your life must be total shit.  But you shouldn't give up.  Keep on fighting the good fight.  I've had family members go through the same sort of medial conditions that you are probably going through.  If you are strong enough, you won't hurt yourself.  Remember ... There is help out there.  You are not alone, Metroid.  In case you need it, here's the number for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline in the United States ... 1-800-273-8255.  If you are outside of the USA, all you have to do is google it.  We care about you, buddy.

You're more full of it than the OP, Nvidia just contacted every store on the planet and told them not to sell GPUs to miners. So yes nvidia does care where the money comes from. With Jews you always lose.

So you're saying that every member of their board of directors is Jewish?  Lol ... Maybe so, I don't have that information.  Regardless ... Let's say they are all Jews for the hell of it.  I know what Nvidia has asked of retailers, which is fine.  Most of them did started limiting to 2-3 units per order over a month ago and that's about as far as it's going to go.  That is a request that retailers don't have to follow and there isn't a next step in the process.  You can't tell someone they can't buy something, just because of what they want to use it for ... Reason being, you have no way of knowing what they are going to use it for for begin with.
Activity: 107
Merit: 0
January 24, 2018, 08:24:16 AM
I think most of you know about envion ($100M raised couple of days ago at ico finish), so according to their video and details on the first MMU which is already working somewhere in Germany, the container has more than 400 GPU (!!!!!!) cards and 19 asics antminer s9. It was one of the most scaring fact in their ico using of that high part of GPU miners in that mobile mining unit.

I cant believe idiots gave these fools 100million to compete with them lol

I can believe but I don't understand if people are really so naive and don't care of any tech. and economy research during ico's
Activity: 89
Merit: 5
January 24, 2018, 05:27:37 AM
Some algorithms like cryptonight, with rather high memory requirement are not that cost effective with ASIC mining.

Also this recent price crash is more likely due to a combination of Wall Street dumping, and panic selling caused by rumored Chinese and Korean crypto ban FUD.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
January 24, 2018, 05:09:07 AM
many coins are asic resitant and many others will come out. mining with gpu wont die trust me
Activity: 122
Merit: 10
January 24, 2018, 04:56:57 AM
Lots of coins are asic resident so i don't think that gpu mining will die..
Activity: 203
Merit: 11
January 24, 2018, 04:48:15 AM
I believe that the great uncertainties that are currently being generated by Bitmain and its Asic miners will soon lead to a rethink.

This is about worrying developments. Monopolies and disruptions of projects.

GPU miners are still a safety factor for decentralized networks for a long time.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
January 24, 2018, 03:46:43 AM
I see day by day, ASICS of many coins are launching, individually or multiple. Chinese companies are trying to kill the GPU mining market once again cause they are greedy, just like they did to Bitcoin and Litecoin. GPU Mining died in 2013 and was resurrected in 2015 with the Cryptocoins Generation 2.0, although many of you miners just started mining on 2016 due to huge pumps on those 2.0 cryptocoins.

Realistically speaking, GPU mining won't be dead any time soon.  Just because ASICs are available doesn't mean there are enough of them to power all blockchains.  Running an ASIC at home is much more difficult and riskier than running a GPU rig.  It's much simpler to get a GPU than an ASIC. etc..    Also don't forget that new GPUs are coming out every year.

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
January 24, 2018, 03:40:46 AM

Ok, dad.  Good talk.  Yeah this thread is becoming stupid, because you keep posting non-sense without anything to back it up.  And then you start spinning your wheels again.  And then you cry and say something else that doesn't make sense.

I'll begin worrying when there is a legit reason to worry about my own mining farm and right now, there is no reason.  I don't give a fuck what an idiot who buys a overpriced gpu is doing.  That's his bad judgement and lose in the end, if it doesn't work out.  

Yep Nvidia and AMD could kill mining this year ... If they both go out of business.  Do you think they will just shut their doors, because they have an opinion on a specific large group of people who are buying their products?  NOPE!  Shareholders won't allow that.  Do you think the board of directors at Nvidia gives a fuck where the money is coming from?  They don't.  They care that it is flowing in and that is their only concern.  Do you know anything about how big business works?  NOPE ... You don't.  It's just you and your thoughts in your padded room with your tin foil hat spewing little bits of garbage that most people will never see.  

I honestly do feel sorry for you.  Your life must be total shit.  But you shouldn't give up.  Keep on fighting the good fight.  I've had family members go through the same sort of medial conditions that you are probably going through.  If you are strong enough, you won't hurt yourself.  Remember ... There is help out there.  You are not alone, Metroid.  In case you need it, here's the number for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline in the United States ... 1-800-273-8255.  If you are outside of the USA, all you have to do is google it.  We care about you, buddy.

You're more full of it than the OP, Nvidia just contacted every store on the planet and told them not to sell GPUs to miners. So yes nvidia does care where the money comes from. With Jews you always lose.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
January 24, 2018, 01:02:18 AM
I think what this thread needs is a type of bet.

Metroid says GPU mining will die in 2018....

So if GPU mining dies in 2018... Metroid wins for example 1BTC.

If it doesn't die in 2018 ... Metroid loses for example 1 BTC

Maybe Bitfinex could start a type of split coin market for this.

Miners could hedge their equipment with this market.
lol do it put ur $$ where u mouth is
January 24, 2018, 12:58:29 AM

Ok, dad.  Good talk.  Yeah this thread is becoming stupid, because you keep posting non-sense without anything to back it up.  And then you start spinning your wheels again.  And then you cry and say something else that doesn't make sense.

I'll begin worrying when there is a legit reason to worry about my own mining farm and right now, there is no reason.  I don't give a fuck what an idiot who buys a overpriced gpu is doing.  That's his bad judgement and lose in the end, if it doesn't work out. 

Yep Nvidia and AMD could kill mining this year ... If they both go out of business.  Do you think they will just shut their doors, because they have an opinion on a specific large group of people who are buying their products?  NOPE!  Shareholders won't allow that.  Do you think the board of directors at Nvidia gives a fuck where the money is coming from?  They don't.  They care that it is flowing in and that is their only concern.  Do you know anything about how big business works?  NOPE ... You don't.  It's just you and your thoughts in your padded room with your tin foil hat spewing little bits of garbage that most people will never see. 

I honestly do feel sorry for you.  Your life must be total shit.  But you shouldn't give up.  Keep on fighting the good fight.  I've had family members go through the same sort of medial conditions that you are probably going through.  If you are strong enough, you won't hurt yourself.  Remember ... There is help out there.  You are not alone, Metroid.  In case you need it, here's the number for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline in the United States ... 1-800-273-8255.  If you are outside of the USA, all you have to do is google it.  We care about you, buddy.

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
January 24, 2018, 12:35:48 AM
Activity: 966
Merit: 275
January 24, 2018, 12:22:43 AM
ETH network difficult in 100% greater than was 3 weeks ago, meaning that if eth price does not increase then the "GPU mining will die in 2018!" will really start to become real and I can see many trolls regretting to be mining ehhe, soon if this trend keeps up we will see millions of gpu's piling up in the ebay by people trying to sell to other idiots their overpriced gpu's hehe

ETH network right now is at 2.6, 3 weeks ago was 1.5, now which "glib statement" I said? Forget the price cause I did not say anything about price, I said about network difficulty.

It looks like you are the one with "glib statements" to me.

Hey, please stay on the subject, Re: GPU mining will die in 2018! Let's not talk about ETH network.

GPU mining only dies this year, if there are no graphics cards available to be bought anywhere. Are you aware of this news, Nvidia Tries to Limit GPU Sales to Cryptocurrency Miners?

If that happens, because of the limited supply of graphics cards price soars high and only few can afford to buy it, and therefore there's gigantic impact on GPU mining but it will not die. Unless as I've said above, "if there are no graphics cards available to be bought anywhere".
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
January 24, 2018, 12:08:36 AM
I think what this thread needs is a type of bet.

Metroid says GPU mining will die in 2018....

So if GPU mining dies in 2018... Metroid wins for example 1BTC.

If it doesn't die in 2018 ... Metroid loses for example 1 BTC

Maybe Bitfinex could start a type of split coin market for this.

Miners could hedge their equipment with this market.
January 23, 2018, 11:42:09 PM
Why are we even talking about ETH?  You said GPU mining will die in 2018.  GPU mining as a whole isn't dependent on ETH being minable via GPU.  I mean seriously ... Even if ETH difficulity shoots through the roof or if they make a 100% transformation to POS.  Who gives a flying fuck?  You think you see a bigger picture, but you are not even aware of all of the variables.  For a minute there, you were sounding half way sane and now you're just back to your old self again.  You don't make much sense in what you spout out, because your broad statements are not backed by any real legitimacy.

If you want to say mining ETH via gpu is going to die in 2018, I would say you might have an arguement there, but your statements are so weird and broad without backing that no one around here will ever respect your opinions.  Just so you know.
Pages:
Jump to: