Pages:
Author

Topic: GPU mining will die in 2018! - page 40. (Read 16860 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
January 21, 2018, 10:47:19 AM
I see day by day, ASICS of many coins are launching, individually or multiple. Chinese companies are trying to kill the GPU mining market once again cause they are greedy, just like they did to Bitcoin and Litecoin. GPU Mining died in 2013 and was resurrected in 2015 with the Cryptocoins Generation 2.0, although many of you miners just started mining on 2016 due to huge pumps on those 2.0 cryptocoins.

As Cryptocoins got more popular than in 2011 - 2013. The new generation of Cryptocoins 2015 and afterwards are endangered by ASICS once again, and 2018 looks to be the year of per the title "GPU mining will die in 2018!".

Keep in mind that there are possible ASICS for ethash already for Q1, and even if ETH goes POS, ETC and other ethash coins will be only ASICS and if that happens only Equihash coins will be minable for a time and I have a word that there is already an ASIC in development for Equihash already and will start delivering in Q4 2018. As GPU mining keep gets scarce, other popular coins will have pumps and so ASICS will be born for them.

I want to know your thoughts about it and I wonder the limits of --> "where, there is money to be made, there is greedy"

Keep in mind that this price crashing we are seeing is due also to the fear of ASICS for most GPU mining coins.

Seriously dude get a life!!..i remember you on the btc-e trollbox back in 2014 saying the same thing about bitcoin, about 10 times a day with your childish "hehe" everytime Roll Eyes. Your still wrong all these years later lol. I made loads of cash from ignoring you and i suggest others do the same Wink
Activity: 420
Merit: 15
January 21, 2018, 09:25:39 AM
GPU mining is easy and more profitable then ASICs, for example - mining GOA coin is the best opportunity now
Activity: 153
Merit: 2
January 21, 2018, 09:23:46 AM
No it won't.

/thread
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
January 21, 2018, 09:09:37 AM
^^^ I'm afraid there's nothing to doubt, the store shelves are in fact empty. Unless of course you like the GTX 1030, I think there's a store in Uzbekistan that still has 3 left.
Activity: 312
Merit: 104
January 21, 2018, 08:17:35 AM
It's funny, people are paying $800 for a rx 580 and they think gpu mining will not die hehe, Yes it will not die cause it's already dead hehe.

Are you trolling here, because you have some interest in that? Are you some knucklehead from bitmain perhaps? Are you being paid to spread this kind of fud?
legendary
January 21, 2018, 08:06:13 AM
It's funny, people are paying $800 for a rx 580 and they think gpu mining will not die hehe, Yes it will not die cause it's already dead hehe.

CPUs are the next to go, soon only the elite will own anything more powerful than a NES. We're seeing the inversion of Moore's Law.
Activity: 210
January 21, 2018, 08:05:09 AM
When bitmain or an other big company make asics for ethash, cryptonight and equihash gpu mining will die
Asic for these algos are just rumors for now

Coin can be ASIC resistant +can be forked to invalidate ASICs.
copper member
Activity: 18
January 21, 2018, 07:11:01 AM
I doubt it will die... Maybe we wont gpu mine some coins in the (near) future. Think about SIA Wink
But there are still plenty of coins left. And who knows, maybe the coins to stay are not even born yet.
Activity: 266
Merit: 102
January 21, 2018, 06:48:14 AM
When bitmain or an other big company make asics for ethash, cryptonight and equihash gpu mining will die
Asic for these algos are just rumors for now
Activity: 414
Merit: 107
January 21, 2018, 06:47:25 AM
I think gpu mining will not die in the near future. not only there will  be new mineable coins in the future, but there are also many up-and-coming projects that will offer new ways of earning compensation for gpu computation. so I think we will not find it as dead in 2018.
Activity: 147
Merit: 10
January 21, 2018, 06:46:08 AM

Haven't you been saying the same thing for a long time now?  None of your predictions or proclamations have come true.  But, your posts are always good for a chuckle.
I support your opinion Smiley
Activity: 700
Merit: 294
January 21, 2018, 06:40:27 AM

Haven't you been saying the same thing for a long time now?  None of your predictions or proclamations have come true.  But, your posts are always good for a chuckle.
Activity: 1
January 21, 2018, 06:38:28 AM
Undoubtedly, the business here is to manufacture hardware for mining, all those who think they will become millionaires after the dream of dorado, looking for processors, motherboards and USB devices that sellers take advantage of and sell them at astronomical prices, many do for educational and didactic purposes, but the majority trying to solve their life economically.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
January 21, 2018, 06:18:29 AM
legendary
January 21, 2018, 04:11:09 AM
^^^ BS I can make an monte-carlo optical processor that's more powerful than any quantum computer and it still can't calculate the btc blockchain in any reasonable timeframe.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
Blockchain with solar energy
January 21, 2018, 04:05:11 AM
What I'm most worried about is the introduction of quantum computers. When quantum computers are born, the digging of coins is terrible.

Don't worry, mining is going to be your smallest problem. As soon as somebody put together even 1k qbit unit traditional cryptography as we all know it is dead - and so does the world as we know it. Think about it: Internet commerce is gone, secure communication is gone, financial system is back on dedicated dial-up lines. You can't pay with a credit card anymore, you can't trade unless you're physically on the Wall St. Welcome back to the 70s, man.

LOL. That's idiotic FUD.  Crypto is as good as it needs to be.  Quantum computing will require a huge increase in entropy and changes in methods but we are not going back to the 70s.

You mean the Crytocurrency market will collapse. I do not think about it. I only fear for the minner will be threatened interests. The birth of quantum computers will be the purification of the market.

[/quote]

Don't worry, mining is going to be your smallest problem. As soon as somebody put together even 1k qbit unit traditional cryptography as we all know it is dead - and so does the world as we know it. Think about it: Internet commerce is gone, secure communication is gone, financial system is back on dedicated dial-up lines. You can't pay with a credit card anymore, you can't trade unless you're physically on the Wall St. Welcome back to the 70s, man.
[/quote]
I'm not referring to the usefulness of technology. Blockchain technology is limitless. Take a look at Blockchain's application. Great.

legendary
January 21, 2018, 03:29:53 AM
In Russia GPU mining is popular now, so shops of GPU is empty, or it is expensive (1060 3gb - 320 $), but a few month ago GPUs was numerous. If GPU mining will die, then we will see a lot of cheap GPU.

Dude there's no GPUs left, GPU mining is dead. I'm freaking out right now....
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
January 21, 2018, 03:21:08 AM
you can't keep with new algo each time they release a new coin, asic development are not that fast for new algo, by the time you make it, there will be a new algo etc...
Activity: 37
January 21, 2018, 03:13:26 AM
In Russia GPU mining is popular now, so shops of GPU is empty, or it is expensive (1060 3gb - 320 $), but a few month ago GPUs was numerous. If GPU mining will die, then we will see a lot of cheap GPU.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
January 21, 2018, 02:23:30 AM
Why don't you just mine BURST? It is ASIC-proof. PoC is a unique way to mine which can't be replaced by ASICs. Also HDDs spend a lot less electricity and setting them up is fairly easy.
Pages:
Jump to: