Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 156. (Read 597425 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
There seems to be an imminent hard fork in the development of gridcoin the developers are talking about making cpu mining also calculate a cpu only algorithm diverting users processors away from boinc Sad

You might want to get your facts straight and read a little before you start criticising every step of the development process.

Don't get me wrong a constructive critic is welcome, but that's not what you're doing most of the time, imho.

Andrew.

Sorry man, i just panic easily.

How about a good idea from me for a change?

How about somone takes the open source code from this http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/02/28/htc-posts-full-source-code-for-power-to-give-app-and-associated-boinc-server/ and makes an android cpu miner with a built in wallet?

This would instantly make GRC one of the main cryptocurrencies out there.

I understand you probably were a bit on edge around the time of the exchange hack. I wouldn't be calm too.

The android thing looks like an awesome idea! That would be really cool!

A.

Yeah the android client is a cool idea eh? I've put a bounty on the idea of 1.5btc since it'd be pretty OP if we could suddenly have several hundred thousand boinc cpu miners on our network.

On another note, i've begun customising the subreddit www.reddit.com/r/gridcoin any requests?
I'll eventually make flair for boinc projects, and make the sidebar a bit prettier.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
There seems to be an imminent hard fork in the development of gridcoin the developers are talking about making cpu mining also calculate a cpu only algorithm diverting users processors away from boinc Sad

You might want to get your facts straight and read a little before you start criticising every step of the development process.

Don't get me wrong a constructive critic is welcome, but that's not what you're doing most of the time, imho.

Andrew.

Sorry man, i just panic easily.

How about a good idea from me for a change?

How about somone takes the open source code from this http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/02/28/htc-posts-full-source-code-for-power-to-give-app-and-associated-boinc-server/ and makes an android cpu miner with a built in wallet?

This would instantly make GRC one of the main cryptocurrencies out there.

I understand you probably were a bit on edge around the time of the exchange hack. I wouldn't be calm too.

The android thing looks like an awesome idea! That would be really cool!

A.
Hi guys!

Yep, the drop in RACs is due to the disabled CPU mining. There are over 2.1k CPU BOINC hosts.
However it's just temporary and we will be back to our previous levels when it's up again.

Actually as the number of members of team Gridcoin keeps growing I'm sure we will be > 10 million RACs when it's live.

Andrew.
Sad picture :\

Probably has something to do with the cpu reward mechanism being disabled.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
New version available:
2.1.0.0/9.4

Gridcoin.us is being DoS attacked
Alternate download location:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Yu0NGEKSFqWEUtZ2xYd0FBbmc/edit?usp=sharing

Is there a changelog?

Posted this to /r/gridcoin
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
New version available:
2.1.0.0/9.4

Gridcoin.us is being DoS attacked
Alternate download location:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Yu0NGEKSFqWEUtZ2xYd0FBbmc/edit?usp=sharing
Activity: 130
Hmm. I've been getting the "Displayed transactions may not be correct" error and no block source for 9 days now.
Upgrade attempt in the console gives me the safe mode warning, so I've been manually downloading the .msi file from the site.

Since I was a CPU miner since I sold my card it's not a big impact on me. I'm just curious what might be causing it.
legendary
what exactly do you need help with??

what is this for community, if no one can help

Try reinstalling the c++ runtimes, make sure you've got dot net 4.5 installed, make sure you've got the latest gridcoin client installed.
Give us a shout over at www.reddit.com/r/gridcoin for further help if you want it quicker.
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
Right now the main focus is to get cpu mining up and running.

Any update on scrypt-sleep implementation?

With regards to cpu mining, which algorithm are you thinking of?
Because Skein is already gpu minable : /

edit:
See the gridcoin mining monitor, you could get ideas on how to improve the monitoring implementation from cgwatcher, with regards to the config editor, error handling, fpga support, asic support, etc.

http://manotechnology.blogspot.co.uk/p/cgwatcher.html

It's pretty impressive, and could give ideas on how to manage menus and stuff.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Fantastic, a coin that has real purpose, will be getting set up to mine some of this.  Smiley
legendary
Right now the main focus is to get cpu mining up and running.

legendary
Activity: 1344
2850 kh/s   =  3x   r9-290x       

difficulty is changing so often its not possible to say how many blocks oder coins per day.  maybe currently about 3-7 blocks  depends on the luck

So the price on c-cex.com is adequate to real miners cost?
Activity: 709
Merit: 500
Gridcoin Foundation
2850 kh/s   =  3x   r9-290x       

difficulty is changing so often its not possible to say how many blocks oder coins per day.  maybe currently about 3-7 blocks  depends on the luck
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Anyone please post here how many Gridcoins you are making per day and what hardware do you use.
Anyone please?
Jump to: