Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 158. (Read 597425 times)

legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
run it external? ok, but what settings for pool/user/password?!
stratum or http? (like ...
-o http://127.0.0.1:9332 or... what? )

How would I check if it is even running :/

Is there ANY how-to which is known to work?
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
What has to be done in order to use cgminer?
Download guiminer 0.04 and 0.05. With both versions extracted in folder "guiminer" under Gridcoin one (c:\rpogram files x86...)
Gridcoin says that  cgminer is missing

So what to do?! Gridcoin is synced, boinc is running...

You can run cgminer  external,just like other scrypt coins.
Sometimes the inside cgminer don't work very good.
legendary
Activity: 1151
What has to be done in order to use cgminer?
Download guiminer 0.04 and 0.05. With both versions extracted in folder "guiminer" under Gridcoin one (c:\rpogram files x86...)
Gridcoin says that  cgminer is missing

So what to do?! Gridcoin is synced, boinc is running...

PS:
Added poolmining=true, copied guiminer folder into /users/user/appdata/roaming/gridcoin (instead of manual saying to copy in program files...)
ANd guiminer showed up.

But cgminer stops working, so it never starts mining with GPU.
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
I've followed this instructions http://gridcoinnetwork.org/installation/
but I'm getting this error.

I've downloaded client from official website.
So I'm contacting support team now.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Activity: 87
Updated information on the www.reddit.com/r/gridcoin subreddit; If you have any suggestions then give me a shout on reddit directly and i'll take your suggestion into account.

We need:
Subreddit flair for boinc achievements.
Subreddit logo image
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
I would love to see a developer from Gridcoin speak at this conference: http://www.cryptocurrencyconvention.com/.
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
windows wallet is crashing Sad
can someone help me?
Hey, see the cpu mining reward mechanism that you're thinking if implementing. Is it the same as this?
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=322828.0

Because it's gpu minable now..

Unless the addition of the second algorithm prevents this?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Vote every 30 minutes for Gridcoin here.

https://www.icurrex.com/coin_poll

New exchange coming soon.

Don't forget to vote every 30 minutes on this new exchange!
Updates have gone out on twitter!!

Mandatory Upgrade
Release Notes
9.3/90/2.0.5.0

- Added phase 1 of Skein/Groestl for cpuminers (not ready)
- Enhanced getrawtransaction and gettransaction to do a complete search for transactions
- Added 51% attack resilience
- Fixed bug preventing you from unhiding hidden mining console
- Fixed the bitcoin getblock and getblockhash commands

Exchanges, please PM me for keypair information, the new gridcoind will not sync by default after it is built.

Update has gone out on /r/gridcoin and I've updated my machines.

Does anyone know the moderator of /r/gridcoin? User "joeykrug"?
We need to make a way better sub reddit; boinc project reward icons for flair, a better banner, side links etc.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Updates have gone out on twitter!!

Mandatory Upgrade
Release Notes
9.3/90/2.0.5.0

- Enhanced getrawtransaction and gettransaction to do a complete search for transactions

Exchanges, please PM me for keypair information, the new gridcoind will not sync by default after it is built.

Activity: 364
Merit: 252
Mandatory Upgrade
Release Notes
9.3/90/2.0.5.0

Hey,

What's the current state of play with scrypt-sleep implementation?

Any chance you could give a few pointers on how to create a supernode? (I've got a bunch of azure credits; could possibly create a couple always up to date nodes for people to connect to).

RE: Topic on making gridcoin closed source (talked about on cryptocointalk thread), i completely disagree with such an action - if a security vulnerability was accidentally created and it was closed source, noone would find out about it until it was being completely exploited, where as if it's open source it'd be easily identified by 3rd party audits of your code.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

done! How many will be added for first?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100

legendary
are you sure he was not blacklisted from the GRC hack??

contact Rob(dev of Gridcoin) directly and give him the txID of the transactions so he can check.

Yes, a user tried to withdrawal their coins as I had asked them to, however the blockchain was not sync'd or on the right version, now i have a transaction of 9827GRC that has 0 confirmations and is not in the blockchain, the coins are gone from the wallet.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Yes, a user tried to withdrawal their coins as I had asked them to, however the blockchain was not sync'd or on the right version, now i have a transaction of 9827GRC that has 0 confirmations and is not in the blockchain, the coins are gone from the wallet.
legendary
can you explain what you are talking about?

Any suggestions for transactions that are stuck due to running one of the numerous wrong versions?  I have a users withdraw that is stuck since , most likely due to gridcoin.us having mismatched versions of software.

For the love of god if you are going to offer multiple download options please make sure they are all up to date.  I'm going to have to purchase some gridcoins so I can have my users continue with their trading and "hope" they send any extras back if their transactions actually go through.

If you got those coins in a right chain and if you sent them to wrong chain you should get back your coins with the right chain. Meaning that you still have those coins in the right chain so install newest wallet and rebuild blockchain should do? Hope so..

Well after ****ing with this thing all day I'm unable to get these 2 stuck transactions to do anything.  Time to go buy some gridcoin and pay a couple users so I can be done dealing with this.
Jump to: