Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 182. (Read 597425 times)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Worked great!  Team name showed up just fine.
Looks like CGMINER loads from prior version.

New Version Available:
1.1.6.5/80/8.5:
- Auto shrink debug file to 200k during start
- Removed cgminer from MSI
- Added "Download CGMiner 3.4.0" button to Mining Configuration Page
- Made the software honor the full speed checkbox after a restart
- Enabled an in-client Pop Up warning message with the network message.  Message will only be displayed once.
- Modified CPU Mining beacons to be sent once every 72 hours.
- Modified CPU mining payments to have a lookback period of 72 hours.  
- Modified CPU Mining payments to pay 150grc*3 (450) in as large chunks as possible per host.  
- Modified the 3rd party API check to enforce team Gridcoin.
- Modified 3rd party API check to remove miners who have been paid in full for the lookback period from credit checks (to reduce unecessary hits on the API).
- Added Pool authentication.
- Added the following keys to gridcoin.conf:
   a.  poolurl:  Enter the URL for the pool.  For example: http://pool.gridcoin.us
   b.  pooluser: Enter the pool username (set up in the pool website).
   c.  poolpassword: Enter the pool password (set up in the pool website).  
- When gridcoin starts if poolurl is set, it will auto authenticate with the pool, and reauthenticate every 30 mins automatically.
- Moved scrypt_sleep start to block 73000
- Consolidated the listcpuminers report into rows

***** Attention: Please upgrade as soon as possible since these CPU miner changes will break compatibility with all clients *****

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

Hmmm, in that case Rob should edit OP to reflect the correct number of total coins because for right now it says "~168 million"

I modified it, however it might go down to somewhere between 168 million and 300 million after our pools go live, since cpuminers will have to hash using minerd (cpuminer-scrypt).

That should be a boon for our exchange value.

Grid

I noticed that on the gridcoin.us homepage it also mentions 168 million coins in a couple places

Will change it asap; its on my todo list again.  Rob H.

Activity: 364
Merit: 252
New Version Available:
1.1.6.5/80/8.5:
- Auto shrink debug file to 200k during start
- Removed cgminer from MSI
- Added "Download CGMiner 3.4.0" button to Mining Configuration Page
- Made the software honor the full speed checkbox after a restart
- Enabled an in-client Pop Up warning message with the network message.  Message will only be displayed once.
- Modified CPU Mining beacons to be sent once every 72 hours.
- Modified CPU mining payments to have a lookback period of 72 hours.  
- Modified CPU Mining payments to pay 150grc*3 (450) in as large chunks as possible per host.  
- Modified the 3rd party API check to enforce team Gridcoin.
- Modified 3rd party API check to remove miners who have been paid in full for the lookback period from credit checks (to reduce unecessary hits on the API).
- Added Pool authentication.
- Added the following keys to gridcoin.conf:
   a.  poolurl:  Enter the URL for the pool.  For example: http://pool.gridcoin.us
   b.  pooluser: Enter the pool username (set up in the pool website).
   c.  poolpassword: Enter the pool password (set up in the pool website).  
- When gridcoin starts if poolurl is set, it will auto authenticate with the pool, and reauthenticate every 30 mins automatically.
- Moved scrypt_sleep start to block 73000
- Consolidated the listcpuminers report into rows

***** Attention: Please upgrade as soon as possible since these CPU miner changes will break compatibility with all clients *****

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
Gridcoin is kicking ass and taking names!! I want to see that number go to 10 million per day. That would be very cool.

Hi eveyone!

We have made a new record today! Over 2.5 million credits!
Also, we're already at 92nd place in the world!

Great Job!
Andrew.
Activity: 144
Hi eveyone!

We have made a new record today! Over 2.5 million credits!
Also, we're already at 92nd place in the world!

Great Job!
Andrew.
Activity: 150
Just got this from Qoinpro support:

"Good morning,

Thank you for your e-mail and suggestion. I've recorded the suggestion in our internal project development system voted Gridcoin +1.

If you have any other feedback, suggestion, feature request, bug-report or question, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely,

The QoinPro.com Support Team"

The link is below.  Join and email support to add.  This is not an exchange - but they would be a purchaser of coin to fund their faucet...

Trying to get these guys to add Gridcoin to their faucet - figured the more people with coins - the more interest:

http://www.qoinpro.com/7c5df229ff0a2ac29c4200afada03f63

Their FAQs say to email support with coin ideas...
legendary
Just voted on CryptoRush!
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
What I don't understand:
If I were to shut off my GPU miners, what would change? Thus far I've found two blocks (pool enabled) and my payouts have been 14, 75, 75, and 47 all over a 4 hour period, then absolute 0 for the past 8 hours. So I found 2 blocks and got paid 4 times then completely flatlined? If I'm running 100% utilization on Boinc but not GPU mining, what kind of payout would I get? If I turned GPU miners back on?

you had pool mined true or false? and cpumined?

with poolmining enabled you'll start to get payment only after you'll find a block. After that you'll receive a little payout for every blocks found. This even if you don't have cgminer running anymore. After that, you need to find an other block to keep receive payouts...
and so on.
If you keep mining in pool, more block you find, more grc you'll give.

Keep in mind that cpumining and gpumining (in pool or not) are totally separated.

P.S: if i wrote something wrong, please correct me.

So far nothing makes sense, my wallet sent out one beacon at 20:50 yesterday, then 2 more at 21:19 and 21:45 today. Why does it send out beacons? And is it totally random when it does send out beacons? I have no understanding of what's going out, and no understanding of what's coming in.

if you have cpumined on, the wallet will send a few beacons after sometimes that you have started it. Maybe this sometimes becomes hours. (this happen usually to me). After that you'll start to receive payment until a max of 150grc.

It send out beacons for a reason but i don't remember it...someone had wrote it some posts ago.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
..Not sure where I check my daily tally. I started running BOINC around 29 hours ago and have just shy of 3k credits according to the malariacontrol website, my mining module shows my daily average credits: 70. Still haven't gotten any coin in the past 11 hours. Boinc Utilization 53.

this is normal. Your daily avg credits will slowly grow up in the next days, max two weeks. Don't worry about it! Smiley
Activity: 128
Merit: 101
C-cex has been down for quite a bit now ... the bad part is we get demoted down on coincapmarket ... hope it comes up sooner.

UPDATE : Its up now Cheesy. Seems like a darkcoin issue was causing problems.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Somebody correct me if i`m wrong but once your project id  enters the pool mining i don't know you can get out that easily.
For example i had a situation where clean windows install with new wallet new gridcoin.conf  (poolmining was not enabled)
but same projects(id) that were in poolmining before , resulted in me still been part of the pool.
So enter  listcpuminers  command in debug console,find  your address and see if it mentions pool somewhere.

Activity: 154
Coinoholic
why do you have pool enabled? just mine solo. what is your average daily credit so far?

I still have a few questions about how this all works.

I finally got the utilization fixed.. It seems I wasted 24 hours mining while the wallet was showing 0 utilization, only made 2 coins.. since it started displaying a utilized percent I'm hoping to see more..

I understand that we get paid for boinc utilization 50% being what I'm currently running and the other 50% being based off a maximum of 1000 credits per day average.

What I don't understand:
If I were to shut off my GPU miners, what would change? Thus far I've found two blocks (pool enabled) and my payouts have been 14, 75, 75, and 47 all over a 4 hour period, then absolute 0 for the past 8 hours. So I found 2 blocks and got paid 4 times then completely flatlined? If I'm running 100% utilization on Boinc but not GPU mining, what kind of payout would I get? If I turned GPU miners back on?

So far nothing makes sense, my wallet sent out one beacon at 20:50 yesterday, then 2 more at 21:19 and 21:45 today. Why does it send out beacons? And is it totally random when it does send out beacons? I have no understanding of what's going out, and no understanding of what's coming in.

I have 4 PCs running Boinc all on the same project account tied to my one wallet, and 1 pc running 1mhash gpu mining. I have no idea how to establish what my daily income will be and whether or not I'm mining at a big loss right now. I need to to understand how this works if I'm going to keep this compute power pointed at gridcoin.

I was under the impression I would get 5 base per block found up to 150 based on my boinc utilization, the problem with that is the difficulty is rising to the point where I'm only looking at 2 blocks a day. Does this mean I will only receive 2 payouts of 5 + 145/utilization % ? Nothing I've read explains this enough for me to make a remotely rough estimate of what I'm going to get

poolmining=true just ended up in my .conf after a lot of trial and error to get it working. I'll remove that

Not sure where I check my daily tally. I started running BOINC around 29 hours ago and have just shy of 3k credits according to the malariacontrol website, my mining module shows my daily average credits: 70. Still haven't gotten any coin in the past 11 hours. Boinc Utilization 53.

Another issue that seems to be recurring is getting stuck 1 or 2 blocks out of sync when I relaunch the wallet, have to reopen it multiple times before it syncs up. Maybe this is causing me problems showing me synced when its really not, I've reinstalled the MSI wallet and redownloaded the block chain from scratch multiple times.

addnode=98.114.181.178
addnode=76.187.184.27
addnode=66.187.94.194
addnode=76.74.177.224
addnode=84.125.196.167
addnode=71.233.139.62
addnode=72.92.48.105
addnode=72.208.65.226
addnode=77.64.220.124
addnode=50.152.78.46
addnode=207.229.136.136

Nodes I'm using,

just received a payment of 7 GRC immature.
Activity: 128
Merit: 101
C-cex has been down for quite a bit now ... the bad part is we get demoted down on coincapmarket ... hope it comes up sooner.
legendary
why do you have pool enabled? just mine solo. what is your average daily credit so far?

I finally got the utilization fixed.. It seems I wasted 24 hours mining while the wallet was showing 0 utilization, only made 2 coins.. since it started displaying a utilized percent I'm hoping to see more..

I understand that we get paid for boinc utilization 50% being what I'm currently running and the other 50% being based off a maximum of 1000 credits per day average.

What I don't understand:

I have 4 PCs running Boinc all on the same project account tied to my one wallet, and 1 pc running 1mhash gpu mining. I have no idea how to establish what my daily income will be and whether or not I'm mining at a big loss right now. I need to to understand how this works if I'm going to keep this compute power pointed at gridcoin.

I was under the impression I would get 5 base per block found up to 150 based on my boinc utilization, the problem with that is the difficulty is rising to the point where I'm only looking at 2 blocks a day. Does this mean I will only receive 2 payouts of 5 + 145/utilization % ? Nothing I've read explains this enough for me to make a remotely rough estimate of what I'm going to get
Coinoholic

What I don't understand:

Activity: 25
I was on c-cex today and it was absolutely crazy on Darkcoin I think it was just simply too many people putting on trades.

Bought 1000 grid on c-cex to get stash started, now c-cex is down for the count. Any news about that?

They tweeted maintenance... 12+ hours.  The site saw some spikes on Darkcoin trading and got hammered.  Don't know much more than that.

Was there too.  There were a lot of new voices in the chat for sure.  I was at C-CEX from the very beginning.  It is a good exchange, the DEVs work hard and listened to suggestions as they built it up.  I am sure they are trying to get the site back in working order as fast as possible.
Coinoholic
I was on c-cex today and it was absolutely crazy on Darkcoin I think it was just simply too many people putting on trades.

Bought 1000 grid on c-cex to get stash started, now c-cex is down for the count. Any news about that?

They tweeted maintenance... 12+ hours.  The site saw some spikes on Darkcoin trading and got hammered.  Don't know much more than that.

Ah ok, maybe the owner took it down and is hunting down server upgrades.
legendary

Activity: 25

Jump to: