Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 211. (Read 597425 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
P2P The Planet!
Its a new exchange. Every exchange has a begining and it looks promising so far.
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
How old is this CCEX exchange anyway? They only started tweeting 5 days ago.
I wouldn't get too pumped about being on an exchange that's younger than the coin.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Hi, Rob:

Much appreciated for the response.
Finally last night I was lucky in my wallet hour and got a couple of "big" payment.

John

I had similar problems these past few days. Found 5 blocks in the past 36 hours again, but only got rewarded ~100GRC.
I still don't know how this Wallet hour work. If I am not lucky and no other blocks are found during the same wallet hour in the past 36 hrs, will I eventually get the payment of 100~ GRC for each block found (My BOINC utilization is 90% all the time)?
Most of the users know this but I reiterate : You still do have to find one block before you are in the integrated pool list.

Wallet hour:  You should be paid multiple times during your wallet hour; one share every time another poolminer finds a block in your wallet hour.  It is possible to have an 'unlucky day' when users don't find many blocks in your wallet hour but it should average out.  You can audit this by checking the boinchash for found blocks during the unixtimestamp range of your wallet hour for the previous day.

Grid
PS I have one poolminer running and received 4 payments last night - I believe they were 80grc each ; fyi.

Activity: 124
That picture made me laugh.

Awesome! finally the first exchange market accpeted us!! c-cex.com. go

An epic day for gridcoin!

fantastic, finally someone noticed the value of GRC. cannot sleep any more
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
That picture made me laugh.

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
P2P The Planet!

Activity: 13
Bingo,

I Think I understand why beacons are not sent out for certain CPU miners, since I encrypted my wallet I have this problem.

Rob, can that be the cause? Solutions?

Thx
Groten,
I really don't know yet; We're scrambling to release the Linux version by this weekend, so why don't you experiment with the new version we just released, delete your debug file, read the log and see what the error is; if it's still not working, try going to a non-encrypted wallet until we find a workaround, but definitely please keep up informed.

Thanks,
Grid

Thx, installed the new release, let it ran for two hours, no beacons and a debug file with errors I do not all understand, if interested I can pm you the logfile.

Then tried a new wallet not encrypted, transferred some coins to it, updated all my project names, etc. And the first beacon has been sent within 15 minutes.

Well it solved my problem and I think it's logical that no coins can be sent by any software from an encrypted wallet.

Erik
FutfWeyZJpYW42h74y7hsGZfjmLQRJ9hWa
Thank you to all the people who joined the Gridcoin Boinc team in the past few days,

We are now ranked: 5,505 out of 99,779 thanks to you guys.  Cool

On our way to that number 1 spot  Tongue

Another reminder if you haven't yet done so:

"To join a team, all you have to do is log into the project’s website with the credentials you used when adding it to your BOINC client, find the Team page, search for Gridcoin, and join! Be aware that not every project may support teams."

Aweeeeesome!!!  Smiley Smiley

#1 awaits!!  Smiley

legendary
The difficulty seems to really be rising now. It was hoovering between 3-5 now it is up to 7 sometimes.

very good news. 148M hash rate already!
I started a new thread in chinese in chinese subforum. Please reply it to let more chinese know this valuable coin. thx!!!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=430598.new#new
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
the number near any project (es: rosetta@home) is the number of daily credits of that project, is it correct?

and this lines:
1)"Total Daily CPU Payments to your GRC Address" : "45.0800",
2)"Amount Earned" : "32.1302",

what do they mean?

my opinion:
1)my payout if i keep mining until the end of the day?
2)what i've jet gained?

is it correct?

i'm still looking for this info Sad
very good news. 148M hash rate already!
legendary
http://C-CEX.com is preparing to add Gridcoin to their exchange. Once Gridcoin finalizes the linux client hopefully this weekend we should be good to go.
From my conversation with the Dev of C-Cex there will be a GRC/USD and GRC/BTC pair available.

This exchange has a testing period until 10th of February and there is no commission charged for any trades.

Here is the official twitter announcement.  https://twitter.com/CryptoCurrEncyX

The dev of C-CEX is also very impressed with the Gridcoin Project and is a fan!

I tested this exchange yesterday and so far it is functioning very well and without any problems.

Official forum thread for C-CEX: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/c-cexcom-trusted-secure-friendly-exchange-since-2013-200-altsusdlow-fees-418700
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
AFAIK it's only the hashrate that's mining on the actual network (not BOINC). Difficulty's so high now Sad

130M hash rate already. Does this include the processing power from CPU miners? I do not think so or maybe I am wrong.

Btw sent you a few coins as well nthuse, good luck!
130M hash rate already. Does this include the processing power from CPU miners? I do not think so or maybe I am wrong.
Activity: 144
Thank you to all the people who joined the Gridcoin Boinc team in the past few days,

"To join a team, all you have to do is log into the project’s website with the credentials you used when adding it to your BOINC client, find the Team page, search for Gridcoin, and join! Be aware that not every project may support teams."

Aweeeeesome!!!  Smiley Smiley

#1 awaits!!  Smiley
Activity: 144
@ aysyr & Gridcoin -  thanks for the replies.

This may be a face-palm moment but I don't have any GRC in my wallet. For some reason  I thought the beacon would loop the payment back on itself and so not require a balance. Please can you/someone send me enough GRC to get started  Roll Eyes

GG6XHgjJYmzaSxAeRTeRRhC1g3Smgk1QDh

If this fixes the issue 'll add a post to the 'How to CPU mine' thread as I think the current explanations miss this out.

I have Gridcoin v1.1.5.7-g71-prod

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

I will add it to the tutorial, sorry for the troubles.

Just a quick update for cpu miners...malaria.net are performing some maintenance and you will see a "-1" error in Projects Console. This error means that your wallet address is not equal to the BOINC username. However I think it is due to the maintenance..every machine I CPU mine on shows this error since this morning for this project, it was ok earlier and I didn't do any changes. It shows the creedits correctly for other projects.
So I would suggest for everyone to run atleast 2 projects to have backup in case one goes down temporarily.

Hope this helps,
Andrew.

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

exchange will accept us eventually.
Activity: 52
@ aysyr & Gridcoin -  thanks for the replies.

This may be a face-palm moment but I don't have any GRC in my wallet. For some reason  I thought the beacon would loop the payment back on itself and so not require a balance. Please can you/someone send me enough GRC to get started  Roll Eyes

GG6XHgjJYmzaSxAeRTeRRhC1g3Smgk1QDh

If this fixes the issue 'll add a post to the 'How to CPU mine' thread as I think the current explanations miss this out.

I have Gridcoin v1.1.5.7-g71-prod

Thanks for your help!
I sent some over to your side, welcome!
Activity: 56
Position based on total credit   5,589 out of 98,912

Position based on average credit   304 out of 98,912

Position based on number of team members   591 out of 98,912

http://www.allprojectstats.com/usergraph.php?mode=3&projekt=0&team=1822494

Jump to: