Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 215. (Read 597425 times)

Activity: 325
Merit: 250
New Version Available:
7.7.7/70/1.1.5.7: Upgrade from RPC: Yes

* In this version we correct the cpumining next payment amount and outstanding amount owed and resolve most of the bloated wallet issue.

Please upgrade ASAP as this version will only work correctly after 51% upgrade.

Maybe, resolving bloated wallets doesn't cope with every wallet in the same way..
Still looking for possible reasons.
Rob, may I ask you to comment on this, please?

i have ver. 1.1.5.5 GRC client, i was mining the whole day and found a block then when i woke up my miner say " not responding" and found out the client close by it self so i re open the client and its not synchronizing properly so what i did is uninstall the client, delete the gridcoin folder, delete the blocks and chainstate folder as well as the peers.dat files and reistall the grc client but still unlucky to synchronize it, so i have no choice but to restart my computer and when i re-run the client again it says "Warning Displayed transaction may not be correct! you may need to upgrade or node need to be upgrade" i don't know what to do now? any solution? Thanks Huh  
How did it work out for you, airtreb? Could you recover?

The recent upgrades required an additional security check for cpumined blocks and could have broken older versions; after upgrading to 7.7 did you all recover? 
All 5 of my machines recovered and went through that block.

Grid

Yeah all I need is the wallet, I don't need to mine if you have a link to source I can build.
Activity: 406
Solo mining works fine for me. It's definetly pool problem. Still seeking for solution. Thanks

Hi Zulzedd,

I believe the issue is the recent switch to daily payments vs constant payments.  The pool system now only pays you if the other members of the pool find a block in your wallet hour; you probably got unlucky over the last day and didn't get a payment.  The payment will be much larger since it only goes to recipients matching the wallet hour.

Grid

So, for 3 days i and other 3 miners, at least, didn't receive payments? I must to swith on pool mining and check for some people , bigger quantity is better, with same Wallet Hour variable. Right? Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
Gridcoin, check your pms. I sent you one.
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
New Version Available:

* In this version we correct the cpumining next payment amount and outstanding amount owed and resolve most of the bloated wallet issue.

Maybe, resolving bloated wallets doesn't cope with every wallet in the same way..

i have ver. 1.1.5.5 GRC client, i was mining the whole day and found a block then when i woke up my miner say " not responding" and found out the client close by it self so i re open the client and its not synchronizing properly so what i did is uninstall the client, delete the gridcoin folder, delete the blocks and chainstate folder as well as the peers.dat files and reistall the grc client but still unlucky to synchronize it, so i have no choice but to restart my computer and when i re-run the client again it says "Warning Displayed transaction may not be correct! you may need to upgrade or node need to be upgrade" i don't know what to do now? any solution? Thanks Huh  

The recent upgrades required an additional security check for cpumined blocks and could have broken older versions; after upgrading to 7.7 did you all recover? 
All 5 of my machines recovered and went through that block.

Grid

I think what fxmulder is saying is that the client does not compile, if I am understanding him correctly?

grid says the linux client works find but you just can't mine with linux is. (You will be able to within a week)

Yeah, i thought there was a linux client already released, turns out its just the source code atm.

traderman this is correct

hamiltino I always build from source, going down the rabbit hole it seems there's some core dependencies on qt components, not sure why they exist but they prevent compilation
Is this for an exchange?  We have a coin-only client for Linux that builds; it just wont mine.  It runs natively.
The one Im talking about for this weekend is a mining version that works on Linux & Mac and requires wine to run.

Rob H.
you guys gotten this to build with makefile.unix?  Seems code for this coin is dependent on functions in qt/bitcoingui.cpp and various qt components
Working on the Linux version now for Ubuntu; I am hoping/shooting to have a rough release out this weekend for Ubuntu; I need volunteers to test it and should be familiar with how to scrypt mine already and the card should be installed in the machine with Linux (not a virtual machine) and the machine should have wine; please let me know if you would like to test it.

Grid
where i can download the new version which GRIDCOIN mentioned?  DO i have to replace just the old one? before saving the wallet.dat,  right?

EDIT: found it but if i typ upgrade and then ENTER this appears: 

Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade. (code -2)

the blockchain sycronizing  just 1 hour behind but it takes so long time..
Reproduced this issue; if this happens to anyone do a :
cd c:\program files (x86)\gridcoin
grcrestarter upgrade

Good luck,
Grid
Solo mining works fine for me. It's definetly pool problem. Still seeking for solution. Thanks

Hi Zulzedd,

I believe the issue is the recent switch to daily payments vs constant payments.  The pool system now only pays you if the other members of the pool find a block in your wallet hour; you probably got unlucky over the last day and didn't get a payment.  The payment will be much larger since it only goes to recipients matching the wallet hour.

Grid
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Did it happen 10-20 hours ago, as with me?
Yep. I thought it was because of my PC crash, but I deleted and redownloaded all the Gridcoin files and chkdsk didn't find anything wrong with my drive.
So yeah, apparently it stopped working for both of us ~10-20 hours ago.

Really would like to know what is the cause of it and how to fix this.
Activity: 52
New Version Available:

Yeah, same problem. Don't know what to do.

Did it happen 10-20 hours ago, as with me?
Activity: 38
Ok delete the blocks chain and sql folder in appdata and synch from the start.
It didn't help either, still stuck at the Synchronization stage (0 hours remaining).

Boiar, I saw that error as well!

what happened ~around~ block 51509 (16 hours ago)?
All of my 5 (five) wallets seem to be stuck there.

Some machines say, wallet file was corrupted, some just wont sync.
Backups wont sync either. I have been looking into it since I woke up.

How could I possibly recover?
Yeah, same problem. Don't know what to do.

Boiar, I saw that error as well!

what happened ~around~ block 51509 (16 hours ago)?
All of my 5 (five) wallets seem to be stuck there.

Some machines say, wallet file was corrupted, some just wont sync.
Backups wont sync either. I have been looking into it since I woke up.

How could I possibly recover?
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
P2P The Planet!
Ok i got no idea about how to build/compile it. If you get it working, posting instructions here would be great!
I think what fxmulder is saying is that the client does not compile, if I am understanding him correctly?

grid says the linux client works find but you just can't mine with linux is. (You will be able to within a week)

Yeah, i thought there was a linux client already released, turns out its just the source code atm.

traderman this is correct

hamiltino I always build from source, going down the rabbit hole it seems there's some core dependencies on qt components, not sure why they exist but they prevent compilation
P2P The Planet!

legendary

P2P The Planet!
grid says the linux client will be out within a week.

The first version of the gridcoin linux client will have the mining console with the boinc avg credits over the last 30 days, the standard boinc utilization pie chart and the dashboard labels, and the cpuminer boinchash security system. It should technically mine without scrypt sleep and its blocks should be compatible with our windows clients.  Im writing this so it will work with Wine so that we can have approximately 1 codebase for future extensibility.  The main reason I went with Wine is so the linux client will also run on the mac without any code changes.  Thats a lot easier on us as far as support goes.  We will also be able to add the sql query analyzer to the linux/mac client (eventually).

Are there any users out there who want to volunteer to test the gridcoin client while mining on linux?  I think Ill have v1.0 out by the weekend.  I need someone with ubuntu installed and cgminer and that knows How to mine properly on linux already (no virtual machines with cgminer not working with the gpu card).  

Cheers,
Grid

I would just open a virtual machine and install windows 7 on it. Then you can escrow.
If anyone has gotten this to build on linux let me know, I can't provide escrow unless this is going to build on linux
legendary
Ok delete the blocks chain and sql folder in appdata and synch from the start.

Just the install folder.

I did everything you said, unfortunately it didn't work for me.  Sad
Still cannot synchronize and getting the same message.
Jump to: