Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 213. (Read 597425 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
Hey Gridcoin, check your pm.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
Looks like you were on a fork. So you didn't loose anything, you were just mining on your own chain.

What's going on with the sync? I lost 20k and about 7k immature transactions!!! Is there any way to recover my coins? What about block explorer? How can I check my blocks?

uhm...but it's not a bad thing be in a fork??
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Y'all want a single...
Looks like you were on a fork. So you didn't loose anything, you were just mining on your own chain.

What's going on with the sync? I lost 20k and about 7k immature transactions!!! Is there any way to recover my coins? What about block explorer? How can I check my blocks?

Oh really? Damn my luck... (First time hurts!)
Is it possible to check on block explorer by address and not only by block?
legendary

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Y'all want a single...
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
Newb here. Can someone tell me how to do CPU mining? Boinc is open and doing work, but nothing's happening in the gridcoin mining console. I read the instructions on the gridcoin website, but I'm still confused. Do I have to integrate/configure a separate mining program even though the gridcoin wallet comes bundled with a mining console now?
Thanks in advance for your help!  Grin
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
I had similar problems these past few days. Found 5 blocks in the past 36 hours again, but only got rewarded ~100GRC.
I still don't know how this Wallet hour work. If I am not lucky and no other blocks are found during the same wallet hour in the past 36 hrs, will I eventually get the payment of 100~ GRC for each block found (My BOINC utilization is 90% all the time)?
Activity: 38
Hi Andrew,

Thank you for clarification, will be waiting my hour.

I have one more question  Grin

Regarding reward system: what is it like?
Let's say I pause mining for 2 hours, will it affect my reward greatly or just proportionally to the number of shares submitted within these 2 hours?

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
Guys, is anybody having trouble with poolmining?

My GPU hashing speed: 320 KH/s, CPU utilization = 90 %.

For 15 hours I haven't been rewarded anything (with poolmining). I launched poolmining yesterday 25 hours ago and all I got is 64 GRC (two rewards with ~32 GRC each).
After the last reward (~32 GRC), which was 15 hours ago [2014-01-22 15:53 local time], I found two blocks for pool 0:
2014-01-22 22:31:57: Listener for "Default": [2014-01-22 22:31:56] Found block for pool 0!
2014-01-23 03:37:43: Listener for "Default": [2014-01-23 03:37:43] Found block for pool 0!
Still, no rewards.

Can somebody tell me what's going on?

Hi Boiar,

Rob turned on feature where the payouts in poolmining mode are distributed to each miner when current hour is equal to their wallet hour.
Check that in RPC console.

This feature should help with the problem of large wallets.

Hope this helps,
Andrew.
Activity: 38
Guys, can somebody tell me what's going on?

My GPU hashing speed: 320 KH/s, CPU utilization = 90 %.

For 15 hours I haven't been rewarded anything (with poolmining). I launched poolmining yesterday 25 hours ago and all I got is 64 GRC (two rewards with ~32 GRC each).
After the last reward (~32 GRC), which was 15 hours ago [2014-01-22 15:53 local time], I found two blocks for pool 0:
2014-01-22 22:31:57: Listener for "Default": [2014-01-22 22:31:56] Found block for pool 0!
2014-01-23 03:37:43: Listener for "Default": [2014-01-23 03:37:43] Found block for pool 0!
Still, no rewards.

UPD: I've read the previous page, as far as I understand, I'm gonna get my earned rewards later/next day?

Activity: 130
Merit: 100
Friend is stuck on a fork, and I suggested using a backup wallet and rebuilding the block chain.
Anything else he needs to do?
Activity: 55
Sleep is coming, not yet working. So you should be hashing all the time still
Activity: 13

Read a lot of posts the last days to find some answers for the questions I still have, maybe someone can help me out,

- Got cgminer finally working under the cg miner api (setting cgminer to run as administrator and compatability mode W7 did do the trick), however,

Hash rate is now only 170, under Gui miner I got more than 400 with intensity 16. Compared settings and all are equal

- Beacons are not sent, running it for over five days now, cpu mining is true of course, did do all the checks and all are okay (address name Default, projects listed with credits, grc balance > 0, chain is synced)

I'm still listed under listminers, I assume it is still possible to have cpumining and poolmining both set to true, tried it also three days with poolmining=false, but no beacons were send

- In sleep mode I do not see any difference in the cgminer screen, hash rate stays the same and in Boinc manager I do not see any project running faster, how can I check that hasrate is used by Boinc in sleep mode?

Thank's in advance for the replies

Activity: 25
When the sleep is activated the Gpu will do Boinc work. So that way more is given to science projects.

i am trying to be an early adopter.  i have a few questions. first of all, i am mining 2 gpus solo with a 12 thread processor.  my average daily credits is 2700 and i have 11 threads devoted to boinc.  my boinc processing power won't go above 65 points.  this has been 100 fairly consistently until i decided to take a few days off with my rig.  i have not had syncing issues so long as i kept up with all the updates and addnodes.  my questions are these:

1. what can cause this to stay at only 65?

2. can someone please explain the scrypt sleep?  does this mean when my sleep is on that my hashing is doing nothing? 

3. does closing the mining console have to hide command prompts? i have other things running in command prompt sometimes and these get hidden as well.  it would be helpful if the mining console only hid process that it started. 

thanks, and good work so far. 

Scrypt sleep allows our network as a whole to be more efficient.  Sleep causes your GPUs to sleep when your leaderboard sleep level is below the network sleep level.

Team, answer the rest.

Thanks.  I get the idea that it will prevent orphans, but what I don't understand is that when my GPUS are in "Sleep" is that it continues to hash and continues to draw a lot of energy.  Is this true?  I thought the point of Gridcoin was to not be a drain on environment and give miners a reason to hash.  Could it shutdown the miners completely and not draw any power, or this getting a little too complex?   Or am i still missing the point.

Finally, got it. Thanks.
legendary
When the sleep is activated the Gpu will do Boinc work. So that way more is given to science projects.

i am trying to be an early adopter.  i have a few questions. first of all, i am mining 2 gpus solo with a 12 thread processor.  my average daily credits is 2700 and i have 11 threads devoted to boinc.  my boinc processing power won't go above 65 points.  this has been 100 fairly consistently until i decided to take a few days off with my rig.  i have not had syncing issues so long as i kept up with all the updates and addnodes.  my questions are these:

2. can someone please explain the scrypt sleep?  does this mean when my sleep is on that my hashing is doing nothing? 

3. does closing the mining console have to hide command prompts? i have other things running in command prompt sometimes and these get hidden as well.  it would be helpful if the mining console only hid process that it started. 

Scrypt sleep allows our network as a whole to be more efficient.  Sleep causes your GPUs to sleep when your leaderboard sleep level is below the network sleep level.

Team, answer the rest.

Thanks.  I get the idea that it will prevent orphans, but what I don't understand is that when my GPUS are in "Sleep" is that it continues to hash and continues to draw a lot of energy.  Is this true?  I thought the point of Gridcoin was to not be a drain on environment and give miners a reason to hash.  Could it shutdown the miners completely and not draw any power, or this getting a little too complex?   Or am i still missing the point.

1. How long were you running Gridcoin before you took a break for a few days? The 100% is made up of two things - 50% utilization which you probably have and 50% is total average daily credits which builds up 2-4 weeks. So maybe that few days break brought your average daily credits down.

2. Rob answered this question previously.

3. Try putting closeconhost=false into your gridcoin.con file to prevent it from hiding cmd prompts.

And thanks to you as well.  I will try the setting.  I am sure my average daily credits were at 2,700 still, and all i need is 1,000 for the first 50% gridcoin credit.  The second portion was supposed to be based on the CPU processing power.  I have a six (12 thread) machine and was devoting 10 processing threads to BOINC and left 2 threads for my GPUS and user-interface.  This at one time easily made up the other 50% gridcoin credit, so i was at 100% and getting the full 150 block reward.  I took a break for a few days and now once i started back up, after running for 5 hours.  My total gridcoin credit was only 65%.  Again, my boinc avg daily credit was 2,700.  so 10 cpu threads only accounted for 15 additional %?  As proof, if I pause BOINC processing, my gridcoin credit drops back to 50%.

Team, answer the rest.

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
the number near any project (es: rosetta@home) is the number of daily credits of that project, is it correct?

and this lines:
1)"Total Daily CPU Payments to your GRC Address" : "45.0800",
2)"Amount Earned" : "32.1302",

what do they mean?

my opinion:
1)my payout if i keep mining until the end of the day?
2)what i've jet gained?

is it correct?
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

1. How long were you running Gridcoin before you took a break for a few days? The 100% is made up of two things - 50% utilization which you probably have and 50% is total average daily credits which builds up 2-4 weeks. So maybe that few days break brought your average daily credits down.

2. Rob answered this question previously.

3. Try putting closeconhost=false into your gridcoin.con file to prevent it from hiding cmd prompts.
Jump to: