Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 231. (Read 597421 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
do you think it can work with ReactOS ?
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
so... can't mine this on Linux ?

Sorry you can only run the wallet on linux and cant mine.

We had a paid dev up til this week that almost has it finished; but there is a major cpu mining piece missing and our dev quit.

We'll probably have a new dev within 5 months; if not Ill finish the linux side myself possibly before the SQL ledger.

Thanks,
Grid
PS Try running windows in a virtual machine.

PS II: It did mine when we first released but since then with the new security additions, linux side lost mining compatibility.

Activity: 644
P2P The Planet!
You have to run the wallet as Administrator in order to upgrade trough the upgrade function.

Thanks that did it for me.
so... can't mine this on Linux ?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
The only reason most of these other alts are more popular is because people just want to mine as early as possible and dump and cash out. It is all about who gets in earliest. These people do no care about the coin or its future, it is just a pump and dump. In Gridcoin everyone has a chance to mine and there are no large pools that raise the difficulty for everyone and just kill everything.

If you wan to raise awareness about Gridcoin post on other forums. that is the best way to spread awareness and this coin and let people see it for what it really is.

why isn't GRC more popular that Earthcoin>?

Their is a linux client, don't see how you wouldn't be able to.

yes there is boinc running on my linuxes already
but in the instructions it say to register with boinc.dll do i have boinc.dll in linux ?
P2P The Planet!
Ok, its ashame GRC isn't on the exchange yet though. Lets hope they follow through with it. Can you give me any links on this info?

just check with Rob, I remembered he posted either here or gridcoin forum. let us hope the best for GRC.

Anyway, I believe GRC and any coins similar to GRC who have a actual value and benefit the human and our daily lives in the year 2014. It should be the trend of cryptocurrencies' future.

Ok, i'm sure he reads this forum thread so we'll see if i get an answer.
P2P The Planet!
Their is a linux client, don't see how you wouldn't be able to.
can i mine this on linux with cgminer+boinc yet ?
this seems better than any scam-dump-coin i saw lately
i like the ripple idea and computingforgood (i run it since i'v found out about it)
but gridcoin is decentralized
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
Ok, its ashame GRC isn't on the exchange yet though. Lets hope they follow through with it. Can you give me any links on this info?

just check with Rob, I remembered he posted either here or gridcoin forum. let us hope the best for GRC.

Anyway, I believe GRC and any coins similar to GRC who have an actual value and benefit the human and our daily lives in the year 2014. It should be the trend of cryptocurrencies' future.
P2P The Planet!
Someone needs to make a video tutorial on how to mine gridcoins. I think their is a lot of confusion as their is no mining pools.

I would do it, don't have a mic though and i think other people have more knowledge about how it works than me.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
I did a giveaway for a good few weeks with coins I mined haha, so it's not that there was no giveaway. I decided to stop it because it wasn't getting the reaction I'd hoped for. Now I'm saving some of the coins I mine for a later date once we've gotten everything squared away with all the BOINC-related projects (BOINC mining, scrypt-sleep, etc).

Cool - all the best. Do you have a facebook. I am very interested in Gridcoin.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I did a giveaway for a good few weeks with coins I mined haha, so it's not that there was no giveaway. I decided to stop it because it wasn't getting the reaction I'd hoped for. Now I'm saving some of the coins I mine for a later date once we've gotten everything squared away with all the BOINC-related projects (BOINC mining, scrypt-sleep, etc).
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
hi guys want to get some grid, will take best offer (pm) - if the best is a good one Smiley

[ I'm a trusted buyer, see Skeincoin-thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-skc-skeincoin-0931-skein-sha2-322828 ]

maybe i'm interested (for a little quantity of gridcoin)...you can contact me or we can use the thread linked above.

Bye!

because it doesn't have enought "marketing"...for example there wasn't any giveaway...
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
P2P The Planet!
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
Hey does anyone have any news about gridcoin hitting any exchanges?

it's being said that coins-e will accept GRC and already forwarded to tech. their group.
why sometimes the client lost its syncronize?

this happens even with the lastest version (i downloaded the 7.5 .msi istaller...)

obviously i run the client as administrator...
Verify it is synced completely once and registered version > 50 in Help | About, then if it falls out, wait at least an hour to recover-- it auto recovers now.

Grid

thx for the reply.

when i'll get home this evening i will check the version.

Anyways, when it lost the sync, if i wait a while, it'll recove the sync. The problem is that in that time if i find a block i lose it...and that's happen yesterday.

I apologize for my english...if something is not clear let me know.
Jump to: