Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 232. (Read 597413 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
P2P The Planet!
Hey does anyone have any news about gridcoin hitting any exchanges?
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
why sometimes the client lost its syncronize?

this happens even with the lastest version (i downloaded the 7.5 .msi istaller...)

obviously i run the client as administrator...
Verify it is synced completely once and registered version > 50 in Help | About, then if it falls out, wait at least an hour to recover-- it auto recovers now.

Grid
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
Please go to the official thread to buy and sell GRC: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gridcoin-btc-exchange-via-googledocs-buy-00035sell0005-btc-per-1k-grc-371000

hi guys want to get some grid, will take best offer (pm) - if the best is a good one Smiley

[ I'm a trusted buyer, see Skeincoin-thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-skc-skeincoin-0931-skein-sha2-322828 ]
emu
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
stupidity manager
hi guys want to get some grid, will take best offer (pm) - if the best is a good one Smiley

[ I'm a trusted buyer, see Skeincoin-thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-skc-skeincoin-0931-skein-sha2-322828 ]
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
why sometimes the client lost its syncronize?

this happens even with the lastest version (i downloaded the 7.5 .msi istaller...)

obviously i run the client as administrator...
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
All good on my end.

Weird. I haven't seen a coin in 30 hours. The coin gods are unkind.

Activity: 130
Merit: 100
Weird. I haven't seen a coin in 30 hours. The coin gods are unkind.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
To upgrade the client without reinstalling the .msi just open the client, click on "help" -> "debug window" then on the opened window select the "console" tab and there type "upgrade".
that's the right process, if the client receives an upgrade that is necessary to install trough a new .msi install, devs will tell us =)

i did like you wrote...but the client said "method not found (code -32601). Why?

edit: problem solved
Activity: 150
Upgrade has not worked for me ever.  So, reading the above, I went to the shortcut - properties - compatibility tab, selected run this program as administrator.  What do you know - upgrade worked like a charm!
Now all we need is a button next to leaderboard for "upgrade" Wink
To upgrade the client without reinstalling the .msi just open the client, click on "help" -> "debug window" then on the opened window select the "console" tab and there type "upgrade".
that's the right process, if the client receives an upgrade that is necessary to install trough a new .msi install, devs will tell us =)
Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

Whats your boinc utilization?

Second Question:
Just download and install the client again. Thats what i did, not sure if its the best way though.
Right now it's 69 (with 386 AVG Daily points), although it's supposed to be 100% (as it's set in my BOINC preferences). And in addition to that the QT takes the whole 25% of my CPU fully loading one of my cores. Don't know what to do, can this problem be solved?
I doubt it's intended behavior.

Thank you.

UPD: I upgraded my QT, but in "Information" tab the version is still v1.1.5.2-g71-prod (with the build date of October 10). Is it a bug or my QT wasn't updated properly?

Regarding process utilization by the wallet, Im not seeing that on my four machines.  Im seeing 1% - 0% utilization.  Have you tested this out after sql is done syncing > 40000 blocks?  Once thats done it should be nil.  Also, try going to task manager and run qt on one core  to see if there is any difference.

Regarding trouble with the integrated upgrader, also try ensuring the program files (x86)\gridcoin directory is not read only.  If it is take ownership of it.

More positive news on the upgrader:

I just put out v7.5 with a new upgrader; in order to upgrade to this version you may have to install it from the MSI if your upgrader is not working; but if it is you can do an upgrade to download this version.

Once installed, go to the rpc and do an unecessary Upgrade to see if the upgrader says "v1.1" on the screen; if so you are on the latest version of upgrade.

Then test it.

Were going to need to isolate this down to either a timeout issue Or a permission issue.  The new version has a 1.5 minute timeout per file and 10 tries before it fails.

Once running the new version, try doing an upgrade even though you do not need to to test it.  Check the program directory and tell me which files succeeded and which failed by looking at the timestamps.

Also, if your upgrade fails, check the permissions on that program files folder and see if it is read only.  If they are, take ownership of the folder, verify it is no longer read only, and do another upgrade.

Tell us what fixes it if so.

Thanks,

Grid

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

Second Question:
Just download and install the client again. Thats what i did, not sure if its the best way though.
Right now it's 69 (with 386 AVG Daily points), although it's supposed to be 100% (as it's set in my BOINC preferences). And in addition to that the QT takes the whole 25% of my CPU fully loading one of my cores. Don't know what to do, can this problem be solved?
I doubt it's intended behavior.

Thank you.

UPD: I upgraded my QT, but in "Information" tab the version is still v1.1.5.2-g71-prod (with the build date of October 10). Is it a bug or my QT wasn't updated properly?
Activity: 32
You have to run the wallet as Administrator in order to upgrade trough the upgrade function.
P2P The Planet!
i got an error doing the upgrade method mentioned: An exception occurred during Webclient request.

So i'll have to stick to the old way of upgrading for the time being.
P2P The Planet!
oh snap, that's a better way of doing it.
Activity: 32
P2P The Planet!

Second Question:
Activity: 38
When pool mining is on, QT wallet takes too much CPU (~25%). How do I fix it? If I close the wallet, the miner closes too Sad

Also, tell me please how do you update Gridcoin client? Does it update automatically or I have to download the .msi each update?

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 130
Ah, in BOINC it shows me on the WCG team, but on BOINC stats I'm not allied with any teams. So I guess I need to do something with BOINC stats.

Weird. I don't see myself there. But I definitely joined. I had to leave Ripple to do it.

It shows several members doing that, but I don't see you. Did you use the same user name? http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/team/detail/118094994/memberMovement

If you Google "boinc someusername" you can usually get a person's stats, but I get no hits for "boinc inrideo".

New Version Available - fixes the leaderboard partial sync and fixes the factors
1.1.5.2/61/7.4:
* Better SQL Syncing
* The leaderboard updates automatically once an hour or when out of sync
* SQL Sync progress bar is now in the Query Analyzer to show new users how far before SQL is synced
* Leaderboard factors are now corrected
* Delete debug2.txt as this version is more concise, if you have any sql syncing issues delete the data\sql folder and start over. 
* Just sent a followup to google webmaster tools dept querying about cgminer again; no reply to the last email.

Good luck,
Rob H.

Activity: 150
Weird. I don't see myself there. But I definitely joined. I had to leave Ripple to do it.

It shows several members doing that, but I don't see you. Did you use the same user name? http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/team/detail/118094994/memberMovement

If you Google "boinc someusername" you can usually get a person's stats, but I get no hits for "boinc inrideo".

Hey, Is what you say in your signature real?

I believe he is talking about Alan Turing from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Turing

Edit - looks like it was answered - I need to refresh my page more often Wink
Jump to: