Pages:
Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 11. (Read 597251 times)

Activity: 150
Merit: 11
Great idea !!

Voted on the just_me thread. Also asked for this coin to be added to cryptsy. It definetely deserves a exchange.

Please send me a few so i can taste it while i manage to install the miner. I am having some problems with the user group installation and boinc :-?

FuEaBhknKDCcmjxPt4yPSSwnN8ehnMYD5N

Cheers,

you will need to install boinc, and grc wallet, then register on grcpool.com and add your projects there, then sync your boinc client with your grcpool account, you cant solo mine until your wallet has staked 3 times i think, which from what ive read takes around 300 to do that within a week, once you have staked 3 times your wallet cpid will be registered on the network and then you can solo mine with a bam account.
Activity: 1946
Merit: 350
I wanted to send to you some GRC, but you put the incorrect wallet.
GRC wallet address starts with S, for example my address is: S9s18HFXMbWRegQaaro6zbRGVXcMzaU2Z1

so if you will put right address - I will send you GRC to start
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Great idea !!

Voted on the just_me thread. Also asked for this coin to be added to cryptsy. It definetely deserves a exchange.

Please send me a few so i can taste it while i manage to install the miner. I am having some problems with the user group installation and boinc :-?

FuEaBhknKDCcmjxPt4yPSSwnN8ehnMYD5N

Cheers,
It's what ive been buying as an investment, im just stuck waiting before i can withdraw to my wallet, also stuck pool mining to until i can get it withdrawn and get my own wallet staking, i've sent a support ticket in to say newest version of wallet is released and doesnt seem to be forking so hopefully they will look into soon and enable withdrawals again. GRC should get a decent price in the future, it's definitely worth investing a little into them

Yes, I agree with you. So I think that's just a matter of time.
If you want to get GRC faster - may be you can get in touch with Gridcoin community on Steemit or on Reddit, Discord and buy from somebody directly
However yes on exchanges that might be faster and easier. I bought Gridcoin on Bittrex a while ago
Thanks for looking into it for me, poloniex is also down, i have a few hundred on there ive been waiting to withdraw for a while now

That's sad. If the amount of GRC you want to change is not big, may be I can change it for you?
Right now I have small amounts of different cryptos, and I think I'll be definitely investing in Gridcoin for future
It's what ive been buying as an investment, im just stuck waiting before i can withdraw to my wallet, also stuck pool mining to until i can get it withdrawn and get my own wallet staking, i've sent a support ticket in to say newest version of wallet is released and doesnt seem to be forking so hopefully they will look into soon and enable withdrawals again. GRC should get a decent price in the future, it's definitely worth investing a little into them
Thanks for looking into it for me, poloniex is also down, i have a few hundred on there ive been waiting to withdraw for a while now

That's sad. If the amount of GRC you want to change is not big, may be I can change it for you?
Right now I have small amounts of different cryptos, and I think I'll be definitely investing in Gridcoin for future
are any exchanges working for this coin at the minute?

I asked this question on Steemit https://steemit.com/gridcoin/@flodner/gridcoin-exchange-can-you-recommend#@lumendan/re-flodner-gridcoin-exchange-can-you-recommend-20180311t004059780z

If I get answer I'll reply asap. As for now I have a reply that says:

"I can report several traders that are offline or not reliable:
Open Ledger is offline the moment.
C-Cex is online but the wallet is stuck on a fork that happened soon after the 1144000 upgrade.
HolyTransaction is offline and so is the associated Flyp.me currency converter."

I asked this question on Steemit https://steemit.com/gridcoin/@flodner/gridcoin-exchange-can-you-recommend#@lumendan/re-flodner-gridcoin-exchange-can-you-recommend-20180311t004059780z

If I get answer I'll reply asap. As for now I have a reply that says:

"I can report several traders that are offline or not reliable:
Open Ledger is offline the moment.
C-Cex is online but the wallet is stuck on a fork that happened soon after the 1144000 upgrade.
HolyTransaction is offline and so is the associated Flyp.me currency converter."
legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001
What happened over at Bittrex? Wallet Offline - awaiting dev response

Yes, devs are working very actively!
One more update  3.7.10.0: Leasure
Link to wallet downloads: http://www.gridcoin.us/index.htm#Downloads

And last but not least - the faucet also keeps its good work
http://www.gridcoin.ch/faucet.php

You can claim it once a day
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
Nice work Devs!

Hopefully Bittrex opens soon
Activity: 122
Merit: 16
Leisure update 3.7.9.0 is out.
Although this is a leisure update, especially windows users should upgrade asap.

On a sidenote: Exchanges are coming back live. C-cex is back online with 3.7.9.0
Happy trading everyone!
You are welcome!
I have accounts on many crypto forums and sites, on Reddit I have account for many years, but that's impossible to be active everywhere.
I know for Gridcoin community Reddit is popular, as well as Discord (I'm there but I rarely visit it) so I choose Steemit and Bitcointalk.
Here it's easy to check threads where you participated in discussion so I saw this information here faster than on Steemit.
But if you have some free time and if you read Steemit actively - you should create account. Even if you rarely post, you'll be able to leave comments. And if you will post often interesting content - you can get additional income
Thanks a lot ! This update helped and I wrote about this on Steemit, thanking you and mentioning this thread

Hi Flodner,

Thanks for mentioning me on your Steemit article. This is the first time ever anyone did that  Cheesy

I don't have accounts on Steemit, Reddit or Cryptocurrencytalk, but i read along on all of them on a daily basis.
Since this thread here on Bitcointalk is not actively maintained by anyone (which is sad), i try to keep it updated with at least the most important news when nobody else is faster than me  Wink

Kind regards,
djoser.
Thanks a lot ! This update helped and I wrote about this on Steemit, thanking you and mentioning this thread
https://steemit.com/gridcoin/@flodner/gridcoin-mandatory-update-3-7-8-0-everything-works-fine-giveaway

To celebrate this I'm willing to give 10 GRC for new Gridcoin users (1 GRC per person) - on Steemit
And another 10 GRC for new users on Bitcointalk (1 GRC per person)
I won't be checking if you are new user or not - you can just leave your wallet here, but if you are existing user - probably you won't need 1 GRC as you probably have much more Gridcoins.
The purpose of this is to attract more users to Gridcoin
Mandatory update 3.7.8.0 is out, please update asap!
Hopefully this will solve the fork situation and exchanges can go back live...
You can try to find answer here http://www.gridcoin.us/ or here https://www.grcpool.com/
Also the longer you mine and on more devices you mine - you will mine bigger quantity of GRC.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
right now i have an old amd X4 945 3ghz. If i buy an 8 core ryzen, how much faster it will be to mine gridcoin?

Where can i find stats like that?
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Advanced -> download blocks helped to get back to the main chain. Don't forget to backup.
Pages:
Jump to: