Pages:
Author

Topic: GRIDSEED G-BLADE Overclocking 7Mh/s, improvements and repair - page 17. (Read 74047 times)

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
update here, I attempted the wire mod from the VRM SMD yellow cap to both the middle(on one blade) and furthest(the rest of my blades) of the 3 ASIC caps(same type of cap) on both +/-

Results arent as great as Id hoped.
The middle one , while working great for the first 2 SMD caps in the ASIC area .. didnt really help the last cap much.
So the last 3 blades, I connected the wires to the last cap, this worked better for all 3.

1.3v for VRM cap - doesnt change of course.
Results:
stock: 1.24-1.235v(first to last) for middle caps
wiremod: 1.255-1.255v(consistent for all 3 now) for middle caps.

So, it helped a bit, HW error dropped a bit at same speed.
What I dont get is why the voltage didnt go up closer to the VRM cap of 1.3v =(

Solder joints look good.
What I used: 20ga copper wire, solid core.
Activity: 412
Merit: 250
post some pictures
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Hi
I have 3 mildly over clocked blades which have been running fine until today when one of them has blown on both blades the ferrite bead marked (what is the "a" for) afb26 next to the usb connector.
Needles to say they don't work any more Sad  does anyone have any idea of  A/ what the spec is for that component is and B/ The hard one any idea why this may have happened.

The other 2 are hashing fine.

Ken

overheating can cause many components to fail.
the other reason is a short somewhere on the board.
maybe the upper gate mosfet could have died.
check for continuity between pin 4 (gate) and the 4 pins soldered to the same pad (drain).
It's been explained in the 5chips pod thread
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6722468

on the later blades, gridseed replaced the ferrite beads with zero resistors of the same 1206 size

Well one is back working using one of the fb off of a bad 5 chip and all seems to be fine with it.
Next to bypass the plugs and solder direct to pcb for power  and moooreeee heat sinks Smiley)
OK now I am soure that power plug was problem that my blades stops to work.
I changed them and now works ok
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Hi
I have 3 mildly over clocked blades which have been running fine until today when one of them has blown on both blades the ferrite bead marked (what is the "a" for) afb26 next to the usb connector.
Needles to say they don't work any more Sad  does anyone have any idea of  A/ what the spec is for that component is and B/ The hard one any idea why this may have happened.

Ken

overheating can cause many components to fail.
the other reason is a short somewhere on the board.
maybe the upper gate mosfet could have died.
check for continuity between pin 4 (gate) and the 4 pins soldered to the same pad (drain).
It's been explained in the 5chips pod thread
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6722468

on the later blades, gridseed replaced the ferrite beads with zero resistors of the same 1206 size
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Hi

Ken
Hello all,

One of my gridseed blade failes.

I fitted the following a 35v 220uf capacitor, 43k ohm resistor. I put three fans on all sides. Blade very shining.
Power cables began to melt Sad

Can anyone provide me with the schematics so i can repair it?

Thanks!
Hi,
there are no real schematics.
I'm using the 8 chip ones from gridseed github.
https://github.com/gridseed/gc3355-doc

43k resistor is only if you are crazy like me and if you are confident you can fix anything that will break or lose your money
39k is a safe one.

only one extra fan is needed to blow from one side of the powerboard.
plus dissipators under the PCB where the mosfets are, and on the mosfets, you can even add some to the inductance/coil/choke

Your cable started to melt because the wires inside are too thin.
You are asking for 150 watt / 12 amps on each PCB.
I'm using 0.75mm² wires with a screw terminal instead of the original 12v plug connector on the blade.

solder it under the PCB, not on the same side there was the 12v plug. It will be easier to screw/unscrew.
The solder point near the ferrites is the positive
The solder point nearest from the edge of the PCB is negative.

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hello all,

One of my gridseed blade failes.

I fitted the following a 35v 220uf capacitor, 43k ohm resistor. I put three fans on all sides. Blade very shining.
Power cables began to melt Sad

Can anyone provide me with the schematics so i can repair it?

Thanks!
Lost them while busy trying to find a short on the board, 3 Ferrites were blown and the FET is shorted !!! Waiting for replacement FET's now.

Thanks J4bberwock

anything else than the ferrites and fet blown?

it can be helpful for some other people.
What he did to blow them up?
Lost them while busy trying to find a short on the board, 3 Ferrites were blown and the FET is shorted !!! Waiting for replacement FET's now.

Thanks J4bberwock

anything else than the ferrites and fet blown?

it can be helpful for some other people.
J4bberwock
Thanks I asked for setting for com ports
I changed today power plugs and for now looks like it works ok.
Activity: 20

Thanks J4bberwock
Can you please give me the values for the 2 small capacitors by the power connector on the Blade, they are next to the 3 Ferrite beads ?

Thanks,

it you are looking for the 2 little ones between the 3 ferrites and the 2 bigger capacitors, they should be c9 and c10 from 8 chips schematics
10uF 6.3v 0603 size
Activity: 20
Can you please give me the values for the 2 small capacitors by the power connector on the Blade, they are next to the 3 Ferrite beads ?

Thanks,
thanks didn't know about timeout.
Yes cgminer works but no shares
what do you have in config.json?

here is the json file
first pool is main pool. everything after will be backup pools
{
    "gc3355" : [
        "\\\\.\\COM71",
        "\\\\.\\COM70"
    ],   
    "pools" : [
        {
            "url" : "stratum+tcp://eu2.multipool.us:7777",
            "user" : "     ",
            "pass" : "x"
        },
        {
            "url" : "stratum+tcp://eu.multipool.us:7777",
            "user" : "     ",
            "pass" : "x"
        }
    ],
    "freq" : "1063"
thanks didn't know about timeout.
Yes cgminer works but no shares
what do you have in config.json?
It's not that, blades stops to work again

what is the exact error?
cpuminer still working but no share sent at all?
at least, add the timeout command
--gc3355-timeout=120
it will restart the blades if no shares sent in 120 seconds so less money lost
here is my commandline
minerd-gc3355 --no-refresh --gc3355-timeout=120 --log --gc3355=\\.\COM71,\\.\COM70 -c config.json

the config.json file have the pools and frequency settings and it looks like it needs to be named like this.

It's not that, blades stops to work again
I think I found out the problem.
I read on some froum that COM ports over 10 can be problem, so I put my Blades under 10 com ports and I will see.

com70/71 here
I changed ports and will see if that works. Because really com prots are the only thing I changed on it.
I think I found out the problem.
I read on some froum that COM ports over 10 can be problem, so I put my Blades under 10 com ports and I will see.

com70/71 here
Pages:
Jump to: