Pages:
Author

Topic: Grin Observer - GRN/BTC - Price Movement and Discussion - page 4. (Read 19527 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
@Febo. That is what litecoin is doing. Copy updates from bitcoin and other cryptocoin projects, hype those updates for the periodic pump and dump hehehe. This is a type of weakness in cryptocoins with a limited supply. It might take years before we can accept this.

This update will for the first time be very different update from Bitcoin. So it will be interested also from that point to see how much people will like it. Maybe will totally ignore it, since for them LTC is just second Bitcoin.

To be frank with you, I have lost belief in litecoin when Charlie Lee dumped on his community at the very top of litecoin's all time highs. This upgrade might only be another excuse to hype, pump then dump.

I dont believe he was telling truth. He never sold anything. He was just sick and tired of people accusing him he is pumping LTC to get rich. So he simply said. I sold, and from that moment on he thought will be free. But then opposite accusations come. The ones why you dont like him.

And yes. Opaque ledger matter. No one likes that whenever you move even part of your wealth to all media talks about it. Why would Queen of England want that?
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
To spread awareness and inform the ill-informed people lately like me on Grin development and news updates.

The hoarding of bitcoin by institutional investors might be the perfect occassion for everyone to learn why fungibility and Grin's monetary policy might be the solution to mainstream adoption for decentralized peer to peer payments.

tl;dr

Node has been patched to 4.1.1.
@lehnberg funding request approved.
Two wallet RFCs by @tromp

Grin v4.1.1 has been released, fixing a small bug.

Dev

There are 92 open issues in /grin, and 48 open issues in /grin-wallet.
Merged PRs: 8 in /grin | 2 in /grin-wallet | 4 unique contributors
Weekly update from @jaspervdm.
Call for ideas on how to improve the naming of transaction rounds.
New RFC proposals by @tromp:

Early payment proofs, generating and validating payment proofs for all transactions, including a timestamp and memo field;
Safe cancel, allowing for safe cancellation of pending transactions, preventing future so-called play attacks.
The next bi-weekly development meeting is scheduled for Tue Oct 13 @ 15:00 UTC in grincoin#general on Keybase. You can add topics to the agenda.

Governance

Simplify governance proposal will be merged on Oct 13 unless there are significant objections.
Last governance meeting approved @lehnberg funding request, tabled @WarmBeer QA funding request, discussed deprecating http(s), state of floonet, and did some RFC reviews.
The next bi-weekly governance meeting is scheduled for Tue Oct 20 @ 15:00 UTC in grincoin#general on Keybase. You can add topics to the agenda.
RFCs

Draft

Parallel IBD p2p messages [node-dev]
Wallet rules for (re)play protection [wallet-dev]
Eliminating finalize step [wallet-dev]
Parallel IBD [node-dev]
NEW! Early payment proofs [wallet-dev]
NEW! Safe cancel [wallet-dev]
Open

Change Difficulty Adjustment Algorithm [node-dev]
QA Team [core]
Deprecate HTTP(S) Transactions [wallet-dev]
Final Comment Period

fix-fees [node-dev], with disposition to merge by October 22 (extended).
simplify-governance [core], with disposition to merge by October 13.

Source https://grinnews.substack.com/p/118-grin-411-released
legendary
@Febo. That is what litecoin is doing. Copy updates from bitcoin and other cryptocoin projects, hype those updates for the periodic pump and dump hehehe. This is a type of weakness in cryptocoins with a limited supply. It might take years before we can accept this.

This update will for the first time be very different update from Bitcoin. So it will be interested also from that point to see how much people will like it. Maybe will totally ignore it, since for them LTC is just second Bitcoin.

To be frank with you, I have lost belief in litecoin when Charlie Lee dumped on his community at the very top of litecoin's all time highs. This upgrade might only be another excuse to hype, pump then dump.
legendary
Activity: 3780
Merit: 4842
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

LTC has one usecase, to move funds between exchanges. And thats only if you don't mind being tracked. MW protocol won't change that.
legendary

legendary
legendary
On the other note I just read a post on reddit that Litecoin will launch mimblewimble on testnet next month. Curious to see how will that look like and how much time will take to actually get it on mainnet.
legendary
@Febo. It might not be also in the next 20 years hehehe. This comparison explains Grin and Bitcoin's similarity on the supply side.

It might begin to pump similar to Bitcoin when inflation is below 5% after 20 years, however, the problem is Grin might not be similar to Bitcoin on the demand side hehehe.

Every year that passes makes the overall dilution smaller. After 10 years, this falls below 10%. After 20, below 5%. After 25 years Grin will have 4% supply inflation, the same as Bitcoin 10 years after its genesis (2018).

https://github.com/mimblewimble/docs/wiki/Monetary-Policy
legendary
This turned out to be a good call, its all been downhill since there

True dat.

What do the Gods say now?
Do I really have to sacrifice a bull?

Grin is still in a bear market. With some pumps like as it happened on 11th August. I dont see any change this year.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 755
Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

True dat.

What do the Gods say now?
Do I really have to sacrifice a bull?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053
Free spirit
I may have missed this action. I'm looking to see if it slips back a bit.

What I see here. Is that a retest? that could be good. Does it still feel a bit soon?

Could end up a bag holder.

Poker mode says: fold for now

legendary
Free spirit
I may have missed this action. I'm looking to see if it slips back a bit.

What I see here. Is that a retest? that could be good. Does it still feel a bit soon?

Could end up a bag holder.

Poker mode says: fold for now

Activity: 210
Merit: 6

This movements preparation for 2021 imo.2020 DEFİ year

2021 will be the survival of the fittest.i need Grin really.
Yes, indeed!
Isn't it great? Grin
legendary
Free spirit
Do you mean this?

Grin up 20%. The volume looks a tiny bit less artificial Hmmm

What is this sorcery? Cool
legendary
@Febo. However, it does not protect bitcoin from the argument that it is being used as a get rich quick coin more than a medium of exchange. This is where bitcoin's monetary system has failed, I reckon. Grin's monetary supply will fix this.
legendary
Also, this news. We criticize premined projects for holding much of their coins, however, Satoshi and the original miners also hold much of the bitcoins. I know they are different occurrences, however, I am only giving an example of what the Grin development team wants to fix.
On Monday, the blockchain trackers and researchers from Whale Alert published a new research report about the infamous fortune allegedly owned by Satoshi Nakamoto. Researchers estimate that Bitcoin’s creator possibly mined coins up to block 54,316, capturing 1,125,150 BTC or $10.5 billion using today’s exchange rates.
Read in full https://news.bitcoin.com/new-satoshi-stash-estimate-claims-creator-mined-10-5b-worth-of-bitcoin/

Those coins are simply out of circulation. Bitcoin circulation supply is 1.125k smaller and Bitcoins marketcap is $11 billion less.  If those coins would be normally  in use then price of Bitcon would be lower as right now. But market cap would be the same.
legendary
Also, this news. We criticize premined projects for holding much of their coins, however, Satoshi and the original miners also hold much of the bitcoins. I know they are different occurrences, however, I am only giving an example of what the Grin development team wants to fix.

On Monday, the blockchain trackers and researchers from Whale Alert published a new research report about the infamous fortune allegedly owned by Satoshi Nakamoto. Researchers estimate that Bitcoin’s creator possibly mined coins up to block 54,316, capturing 1,125,150 BTC or $10.5 billion using today’s exchange rates.

Read in full https://news.bitcoin.com/new-satoshi-stash-estimate-claims-creator-mined-10-5b-worth-of-bitcoin/
Pages:
Jump to: