Pages:
Author

Topic: [Group Buy] Avalon ASIC Chips (SebastianJu) Batch 6 ordered (Closed) - page 8. (Read 125043 times)

Activity: 259
Merit: 250
Dig your freedom
Sebastian, did you know how many chips will arrive ?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Sebastian, could you please tell them we don't want a refund for batch 1, so it can move from "prepare shipping" to *finally shipping* please Smiley

Wink

I got an email from avalon with this message: Please pay attention, your order will be sent in 12 hours.
12小时以后发货

Does this mean Batch 6 also? (If so I need to place an order with Burnin or get my hands on 2X 20 chip rigs.)

Thx,
IAS

I would wait for the chips arrive at my place and i ship them. I wouldnt risk more funds. I dont have info about batch 6. He is later then our normal batch and zefir didnt write pm for a couple days now. So i dont know if batch 6 changed status.
Activity: 476
Sebastian, could you please tell them we don't want a refund for batch 1, so it can move from "prepare shipping" to *finally shipping* please Smiley

Wink

I got an email from avalon with this message: Please pay attention, your order will be sent in 12 hours.
12小时以后发货

Woohoow Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile

Wink

12小时以后发货

Does this mean Batch 6 also? (If so I need to place an order with Burnin or get my hands on 2X 20 chip rigs.)

Thx,
IAS

I have 2 on order with Burnin, you could have those?

Do you have the can stacking bus cable also?
Would it be fair to give you 80% of the cost? (I'm in Europe and can pay with PayPal or a bank transfer.)
Just have to check with Burnin first and see Sebastian's reply regarding my question.

Thx,
IAS
Activity: 624
Merit: 502

Wink

12小时以后发货

Thx,
IAS

I have 2 on order with Burnin, you could have those?
legendary
Antifragile

Wink

12小时以后发货

Thx,
IAS
legendary

Wink

12小时以后发货
Activity: 476
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
And no info about shipping of the 400,000 chips they just got...nice

Why can't I shake this sick feeling in my stomach that the line about 400,000 chips was just another steaming pile of bullshit ?

We did mention in the last email they were already in hand, are being sent out. this email is just to address those people who still wish to get refunds even if their order is "prepare-shipping" which is the 400k+ chips.

Sweet, so refund time and apply our money to the newer chips in october.

I don't want to wait 2 more months for some imaginary new chips.

Avalon has now kept these 400k chips in hand for a week. Aren't they warm enough or what's the problem not shipping them?

The level of incompetence from Avalon seems to still reach new heights.

legendary
Newsletter from avalon

In light of this I believe we should refund all of the orders. It makes no sense at this point to even try to get a batch.

There are more than 10000 chips of members that want to keep them still. One batch has to be kept for sure. Im still negotiating with the other groupbuys. Its a bit complicating since not all want a refund but it looks good today. There might be a solution, though i cant promise that yet.
Activity: 93
And no info about shipping of the 400,000 chips they just got...nice

Why can't I shake this sick feeling in my stomach that the line about 400,000 chips was just another steaming pile of bullshit ?

We did mention in the last email they were already in hand, are being sent out. this email is just to address those people who still wish to get refunds even if their order is "prepare-shipping" which is the 400k+ chips.

Sweet, so refund time and apply our money to the newer chips in october.
I don't think anything has actually shipped yet. They said preparing shipping, but never sent them.
legendary
Antifragile
Newsletter from avalon

Now accepting refunds from any and all order dates
Due to delays we are now offering full refund in bitcoin for all the Avalon Generation One orders made on any date, It is advise for people to request refunds due to the delay and raise of bitcoin difficulty.

The update refund form can be found on the main store site, linked here.
Due to phishing attempts and spam, any refund request not made containing the original order email and phone number will be automatically rejected by the system and marked as spam, so please bear this in mind.

Avalon Generation Two Chips 55nm
Those who have invested in time and money on Avalon Generation One based devices and clones can rejoice in the fact we had the foresight to make Avalon Generation Two chips completely backward compatible in every way with 110nm generation one chips, which can be expect to go on sale Late October 2013 for immediate shipping. Avalon will no longer participate in any kind of pre-ordering.

Developers and Hobbyists should keep an close eye on our github account
as we will be releasing the 55nm chip specification and reference design soon!

In light of this I believe we should refund all of the orders. It makes no sense at this point to even try to get a batch.

Well, that is pretty huge news. It looks like, as you said, with the difficulty rising, we may say refunds outside of chips that were already shipped (last week I think).

IAS
Activity: 62
Merit: 6
Well... backwards compatible, but with higher clock rate and/or lower power use?

Delivery October?

I'm in. (Batch 4 and 5.)
Newsletter from avalon

Now accepting refunds from any and all order dates
Due to delays we are now offering full refund in bitcoin for all the Avalon Generation One orders made on any date, It is advise for people to request refunds due to the delay and raise of bitcoin difficulty.

The update refund form can be found on the main store site, linked here.
Due to phishing attempts and spam, any refund request not made containing the original order email and phone number will be automatically rejected by the system and marked as spam, so please bear this in mind.

Avalon Generation Two Chips 55nm
Those who have invested in time and money on Avalon Generation One based devices and clones can rejoice in the fact we had the foresight to make Avalon Generation Two chips completely backward compatible in every way with 110nm generation one chips, which can be expect to go on sale Late October 2013 for immediate shipping. Avalon will no longer participate in any kind of pre-ordering.

Developers and Hobbyists should keep an close eye on our github account
as we will be releasing the 55nm chip specification and reference design soon!

legendary
Sebastian, I'm not a part of your group buy, but I'm just trying to keep track of Avalon orders, can you please update the status of yur orders from the Avalon website? If I read correctly you have refunded 4 of 6 orders (so you have 2 open orders) - can you confirm the dates of the open orders and the current status?

Appreciate your time!

We have one normal batch still open and a closing batch with other groupbuys we have 6000 chips in. Im in negotiation with other groupbuys if we can try to refund the last batch too since around 3100 chips want to be refunded now and cant yet.

I think its best to not tell the exact batch that is still on order since the batch number shouldnt matter now anymore for the members and it could mean stress otherwise.

Oh, after illness I have to read all this?

I bought 11 chips in Batch2 and than I was off for 2 months. What happened... why all refunds and what happeneds with my chips in Batch2?

I dont see that you have chips. You bought with another account or from a member without informing me? It might be hard to get a refund now anymore. Ill see if i can check out something with other groupbuys.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Oh, after illness I have to read all this?

I bought 11 chips in Batch2 and than I was off for 2 months. What happened... why all refunds and what happeneds with my chips in Batch2?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Sebastian, I'm not a part of your group buy, but I'm just trying to keep track of Avalon orders, can you please update the status of yur orders from the Avalon website? If I read correctly you have refunded 4 of 6 orders (so you have 2 open orders) - can you confirm the dates of the open orders and the current status?

Appreciate your time!
legendary
Ill check back with the other groupbuys involved in batch 6 and see if they want to refund it. We have rarely >3000 chips so its more than 50% of 6000. Lets see if a refund is possible.
legendary
Antifragile
Alright guys, got some good news, here's the two big ones.

1. chips from wednesday arrived just fine, they are being split/packaged for shipment.
2. we are going to open refund for all orders, not just june 1st/15th or what not.

expect more detailed update via newsletter later tonight.

Great news.

What are the chances batch 6 chips are included from this GB? (As there have been a lot of refunds as Sebastian said above.)
Pages:
Jump to: