Pages:
Author

Topic: [Group Buy] Casascius Silver 1 or 1/2 Oz Physical Bitcoins (UK/EU/WW) (ORDERED) - page 2. (Read 6386 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Time for Plan ฿
Hopefully we get them today, can't wait to see them
I hope so as well.........

All coins (apart from one shipment that I was asked to delay) were sent on Thursday. I was unfortunately very busy on Wednesday and missed the postman...

They will arrive in the UK by 1pm (I used Special Delivery). They should arrive in Europe within 3-5 days and 5-7 in the US.

Thank you everybody for trusting in me! I would much appreciate if you could leave a Trust rating once you receive your coin(s).
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
I hope so as well.........
legendary
Activity: 1578
Merit: 1000
May the coin be with you..
Time for Plan ฿
wow... Very nice!!!

26 BTC + 26 Oz Silver

I want them all  Cheesy

Tell me about it! Wish I could keep them all... Wink
legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!
wow... Very nice!!!

26 BTC + 26 Oz Silver

I want them all  Cheesy
Time for Plan ฿

Shipping update: packaging done Smiley

legendary
Time for Plan ฿
legendary
did you already asked to fund them?

there is in fact a reason why waiting could be usefull:

I will create a 'certificate' for this coin (like molecular does by scanning them, SHA the file and send a small transaction to the linked adress) to proof the existence of the coin at a certain date.
This was originally usefull to show it's not a counterfit.

But recently, the casacius tamper proof seal has been hacked (not yet the silver one, but maybe it's possible in the future)
When I can do the scan before the coin is funded, I can garantee an owner in the future that this coin is legit and not tampered with (when you tamper with a coin, it's almost impossible to leave no mark at all. But it's only possible if you compare the coin to a high resolution scan)

These white packaging-boxes are looking interesting too... (at least to me)
yes, but the tube would be lony with only one coin in it Tongue
Shipping tomorrow, right?  Cool Grin Cheesy
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
[...]

[...]

These white packaging-boxes are looking interesting too... (at least to me Cheesy)

legendary
Activity: 1578
May the coin be with you..
Those coins look so sweet. Can't wait to get them
legendary
ok, so let's wait...

I'm happy as long as they don't charge VAT on the BTC value Tongue
Time for Plan ฿
I think it doesn't really matter much.
You received the coins, so for casascius everything is settled. I suppose he will not take responsability for a lost package when you send them out.
edit: I think I'll need to buy an pair of gloves. I have the bad habit of touching my silver. But I want to keep this silver bitcoin in mint condition Smiley

You're probably right. I'll send him an e-mail tomorrow and ask him to fund the coins. There will be some insurance for all posting services.

I haven't paid anything yet, the package was delivered straight to my desk. However, FedEx seem to have the habit of sending customs clearance invoices a few days later, especially when delivery address is a business one (which it was in this case). Had this happen to me once before. So let's see in a few days time.

The parcel was valued at $520 which is $20 per ozt. VAT at 20% should come to $104 or $4 / 0.04BTC per ozt. Even if FedEx charge 5% customs clearance fee (like somebody mentioned to me in a PM), that would only add $26 or exactly $1 per ozt Smiley
legendary
By the way, the coins have not been funded yet. Should I ask Casascius to fund them right away or would it be a good idea to wait a few days after posting for them to be delivered to you?

I think it doesn't really matter much.
You received the coins, so for casascius everything is settled. I suppose he will not take responsability for a lost package when you send them out.
You could off course ask him to wait a few days and when they don't arrive, ask him if he will not fund a certain coin.
But I read somewhere that he funds every coin anyway. He doesn't want unfunded coins 'in the wild'...
(funding at a later moment is purely for customs reasons)

By the way... talking about customs...
How much did you need to pay?

Time for Plan ฿
By the way, the coins have not been funded yet. Should I ask Casascius to fund them right away or would it be a good idea to wait a few days after posting for them to be delivered to you?
legendary
Coins showing as DELIVERED !!!!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

finally !!!!!  Cheesy

they are soooooo NICE!!!!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Can't wait Cheesy

edit: I think I'll need to buy an pair of gloves. I have the bad habit of touching my silver. But I want to keep this silver bitcoin in mint condition Smiley
Time for Plan ฿
Coins showing as DELIVERED !!!!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Indeed they have been today! I'll prepare the shipments tomorrow and send Wednesday.

My first two coins in Quadrum capsules:

Pages:
Jump to: