Pages:
Author

Topic: [Group Buy] Casascius Silver 1 or 1/2 Oz Physical Bitcoins (UK/EU/WW) (ORDERED) - page 7. (Read 6386 times)

Activity: 1974
Merit: 856
Are you planning to get the 1/2 with the new or the old hologram sticker?

Anyway I might be interested in 1 each as well.
I wasn't aware there is a choice of holograms... I don't think there is as these silver coins are brand new designs.

Any more info/reference?

It seems there is limited availability of the old stickers:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2599530
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
Have we ordered yet? I am in.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Time for Plan ฿
I don't mind paying you 0.05 extra for the time and effort :-)
Thanks, appreciate it. However, I'm only going to add some rounding adjustment in the order of 0.007BTC or so (basically up to the nearest 0.05BTC).

I'm in this for the coins and for the rep in the community, not for profit Smiley
Time for Plan ฿

I wasn't aware there is a choice of holograms... I don't think there is as these silver coins are brand new designs.

Any more info/reference?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
I don't mind paying you 0.05 extra for the time and effort :-)
Activity: 1974
Merit: 856

Time for Plan ฿
And maybe, to make sure you will get enough orders, you should ask for a pre order payment (with or without escrow) of 2 BTC for a 1BTC coin and 1.4BTC for a 0.5BTC coin.
Since there seems to be enough interest for me to place an order I will be asking for payment as soon as Casascius confirms what value is he likely to declare on the package.

If there are any overpayments over the actual cost I will refund them.
legendary
And maybe, to make sure you will get enough orders, you should ask for a pre order payment (with or without escrow) of 2 BTC for a 1BTC coin and 1.4BTC for a 0.5BTC coin.
legendary
Maybe it's possible to arrange a deal with Casascius and let him put the silver value on the coin.
He also offers a service to fund the coin when received, so maybe you could lower the value to the silver value, i.e. 1oz Ag

=> Tax on silver + premium, let's say 30$ for 1 Oz and 15$ for 0.5 Oz
=> VAT is much lower:
+0.10 BTC for 1BTC coin (total 2 BTC)
+0.05 BTC for 0.5BTC coin (total 1.40 BTC)
Very true, didn't realize that! It was quite late yesterday night Smiley

If Casascius declared the value at spot price of silver, the mark-up due to VAT would very reasonable - my calculations show even less, but let's say 0.1BTC for 1BTC coin and 0.05BTC for 0.5BTC coin.

I will confirm with Casascius as soon as possible.

In any case I will only charge whatever I've paid. I'm not looking to make any profit.

To make it not suspicious for the GVT we should let him charge a premium.

And in essence, he does that:

f.e. the 1 BTC coin:

The coin unfunded = 0.9 BTC
Let's say he charges 0.4 BTC for the funding service
=> The silver round costs 0.5 BTC

0.5*0.2 = 0.1 BTC VAT  Wink
Time for Plan ฿
Maybe it's possible to arrange a deal with Casascius and let him put the silver value on the coin.
He also offers a service to fund the coin when received, so maybe you could lower the value to the silver value, i.e. 1oz Ag

=> VAT is much lower:
Very true, didn't realize that! It was quite late yesterday night Smiley

If Casascius declared the value at spot price of silver, the mark-up due to VAT would very reasonable - my calculations show even less, but let's say
0.1BTC for 1BTC coin and 0.05BTC for 0.5BTC coin.

I will confirm with Casascius as soon as possible.

In any case I will only charge whatever I've paid. I'm not looking to make any profit.
I'm pretty sure we would avoid VAT on this. It'll not be a huge package etc.
legendary

=> VAT is much lower:
Confirm with Ca re; VAT/Import as 2.35 is more than I'd like to pay.
legendary
still want 1 1BTC coin for that price Smiley

Government are asses for taxing imports :/
Time for Plan ฿
How will you handle VAT and customs?
Oops. How could I forget about that? Shocked I didn't really think about that, probably because I received the 1000 aluminium Casascius coins without any customs interference...

Not sure how "helpful" will Casascius be with silver - if he's declaring the true contents/value I would have to add 20% VAT on top of the price Sad I will contact him to find out.

Sorry for the lame mistake!

OP updated with correct prices including 20% VAT.
Time for Plan ฿
Do you know how much shipping to USA might be?
Worldwide shipping will be around £10 for up to 100 grams, £12 with additional compensation.

This is a Small Packet rate - if I manage to squeeze the smaller orders into letter format it might be slightly cheaper.
legendary
How will you handle VAT and customs?
legendary
Activity: 246
Merit: 124
Do you know how much shipping to USA might be?
Time for Plan ฿
Plain ones of the correct size will be less likely to make the silver tarnish as there will be less air and the foam may not be inert. Also get some plain cotton coin gloves for handling as sweat and grease will also make them tarnish (i.e. the less handling the better)
OK, I'll use what's best - I thought airtites are better as the foam pushes most of the air out.

I'll get both types of capsules and will let everybody decide what they want Smiley

I will certainly use a fresh pair of cotton gloves (already stated in OP). I have a small collection of 1 oz coins (2004-2012 Britannias, some Eagles, Maples, Keisers, now waiting for 2 SBSS coins) and found out the hard way that it's really not a good idea to touch brand new silver with bare fingers... Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: