Pages:
Author

Topic: GROUPBUY 4 - closed - page 5. (Read 11833 times)

legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
February 28, 2017, 10:31:30 PM
stay tuned for more exciting news, this is not the last promotion Smiley
Activity: 326
Merit: 250
February 28, 2017, 07:20:52 PM
So delivery was fast, but one miner was dirty (it seems as aprox. 1 month used).
And after one day I had to reset it, because one hashboard was dead (after reset ok, but it is strange)

http://imgur.com/a/yRZJc
Activity: 2058
Merit: 608
Online Security & Investment Corporation
February 28, 2017, 07:14:29 PM
I want to learn the voice.

Compare Antminer S7 vs Baikal A900 Giant.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
February 28, 2017, 06:44:07 PM
I am interresed to know guys what do you mine ? And what pool are you using ?

Mostly just set mine to Nicehash lately.  If not there, mining ADZ usually on Mining Pool Hub.

Yes I esitated to mine on nicehash.
But I wanted to try Dash and he was the most profitable.
I saw ADZ but dont try it at the moment.
I was thinking if u can configure an auto switch profitability between Nicehash, Adz and Dash.
Its possible to do this rigth?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
February 28, 2017, 06:05:34 PM
how does a group buy work i have 1100 $$ ( don't tel me to buy bitcoins i love the thrill of mining or the high i get doing it )  to spend i was going to buy a A4 but this is looking better and better all the time with dash @ 32.33  bucks a pop and going up ? ... also right now this is just a hobby i want to pay for it self over time ..
I am new in mining I start like 4 mounts a go on graphic card.
I just saw the group buy and asked to buy one.
But it was a limited offer.
Maybe Bitawn gone make it other offer.
Or u can try to make ure own group buy.
By asking directly to baikal for group buy offert.

ok thanks i missed it , IM gonna hit ebay or Amazon then see whats there ..I have found deals on both those sites no one here could beat, not all ways but every now then it happens ..
Activity: 188
Merit: 104
February 28, 2017, 05:54:14 PM

Mostly just set mine to Nicehash lately.  If not there, mining ADZ usually on Mining Pool Hub.
February 28, 2017, 05:46:05 PM
how does a group buy work i have 1100 $$ ( don't tel me to buy bitcoins i love the thrill of mining or the high i get doing it )  to spend i was going to buy a A4 but this is looking better and better all the time with dash @ 32.33  bucks a pop and going up ? ... also right now this is just a hobby i want to pay for it self over time ..
I am new in mining I start like 4 mounts a go on graphic card.
I just saw the group buy and asked to buy one.
But it was a limited offer.
Maybe Bitawn gone make it other offer.
Or u can try to make ure own group buy.
By asking directly to baikal for group buy offert.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
February 28, 2017, 05:28:02 PM
how does a group buy work i have 1100 $$ ( don't tel me to buy bitcoins i love the thrill of mining or the high i get doing it )  to spend i was going to buy a A4 but this is looking better and better all the time with dash @ 32.33  bucks a pop and going up ? ... also right now this is just a hobby i want to pay for it self over time ..
February 28, 2017, 05:20:24 PM
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
February 28, 2017, 04:13:36 PM
yeah it's very easy to use and very fast, it update almost instantly for me

btw my temp are 45° what are the maximum temp allowed? now that summer is coming again, i want to be sure that i'm far away from the limit
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
February 28, 2017, 04:07:35 PM
@Amph  I am glad you got it all sorted out.  I think you will like this miner.  So far it works pretty well.  A solo option would be nice for ICO's etc. Keep us posted on what comes from that conversation with Baikal.

The management software is pretty good for an ASIC miner.  If you ever get a chance to look at some of the other ASIC's out there you might be shocked at how bad they are.  There are only a few things that come to mind that I would like to see added or changed in the Baikal interface so far. 

legendary
February 28, 2017, 03:36:16 PM
ok everything work good, but in the configuration it let not save the pool

That is great news!  Glad you were able to get it working.  

The pool configuration screen is a little confusing at first.  They have a BUNCH of pre-made pools in there so you can switch them rapidly and can save the config as a backup.  But once you play around in there you will get the hang of it pretty quick.

Remove the ones you don't want, and to add the ones you do want.  With the preconfigured pools you click on the section on the left for the groups of preconfigured pools and they will show up in the list on the right.  You just plug in your own id/pass combo which makes it very fast and easy to do.  And you set the priority in which you want to use them.

yeah i deleted everything and re-added mine now it look more clean

too bad there is no solo mining with this, can come in handy with new coin, i'm talking with baikal for this, they said that perhaps there is a way
February 28, 2017, 02:51:15 PM

That is great news!  Glad you were able to get it working. 

The pool configuration screen is a little confusing at first.  They have a BUNCH of pre-made pools in there so you can switch them rapidly and can save the config as a backup.  But once you play around in there you will get the hang of it pretty quick.

Remove the ones you don't want, and to add the ones you do want.  With the preconfigured pools you click on the section on the left for the groups of preconfigured pools and they will show up in the list on the right.  You just plug in your own id/pass combo which makes it very fast and easy to do.  And you set the priority in which you want to use them.

legendary
February 28, 2017, 02:44:42 PM
legendary
February 28, 2017, 02:40:37 PM
Here is the paperclip trick.  It is pretty simple, and you don't need to go crazy taping it up like this guy did.  Your simply closing the circuit so that the PSU thinks the mobo is connected.

http://aphnetworks.com/tutorials/psu_paperclip_trick

you can also buy jumpers for PSU theyre cheap

Grin True, just not as cheap as a paperclip! LOL

lol too true... all about the ROI
February 28, 2017, 02:25:19 PM
Here is the paperclip trick.  It is pretty simple, and you don't need to go crazy taping it up like this guy did.  Your simply closing the circuit so that the PSU thinks the mobo is connected.

Grin True, just not as cheap as a paperclip! LOL
legendary
February 28, 2017, 02:24:25 PM

February 28, 2017, 02:17:56 PM

February 28, 2017, 02:11:27 PM
can i connect the psu directly yo the asic with a 2 x 8 pin?

Yes, that is how I had mine setup until I started using the splitters last night to run two miners from one PSU.  You can connect the 8 pin connectors to the miner directly.

i connected it but the light went out...i hope it's not faulty i connected directly the 2 8 pin to the above 8 pin slot

well it doesn't work anymore wasted money...it was indeed faulty, i connected everything correctly, but when i switched off the psu it cut off the power

Are you using a stand alone PSU or one that is in another rig?  If you are using a stand alone PSU did you remember to jumper the mobo connector pins so that the PSU will run stand alone?  Other than that all I can recommend is to double check all your connectors.  

1. The USB from the controller to the first board.  
2. The Serial cable from one board to the other.  
3. 1 PCIE power connection to each board.  
4. Make sure to plug in the power cord into the orange pi.  

When you first power it on you should see flashing lights on both of the boards while everything passes the POST checks and then start to bring the boards online.  This takes a couple of minutes to complete.  Once they are sync'd and hashing the lights on both boards with stay turned on solid.  You should also see a red light on the orange pi controller, and of course link and data lights on your network interface.  

Those are my checklist items I can offer.  If those don't work then reach out to Baikal and I am sure they will get you fixed up.

stand alone connected only to the miner and the electric socket, why i need to jump the mobo? the psu is not connected to the mobo

i followed the video, connected correctly the usb, the serial cable and everything, then i connected the 2x8 pin from the psu directly to the 2x8 slot in the miner, is this correct?

because they send you the yellow splitter which has only one 6 x pin female and two per 6 pin to connect to the miner

i followed this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqykCdIuMJI&t=197s, but instead of the yellow cable with 6x2pin, i plugged directly the psu pcie cable into the miner, maybe this is wrong? but i can't think of why it should be

Unless you have a PSU that can run without the motherboard connected you need to plug in the mobo cable and jumper 2 of the pins to fool the PSU into thinking it is connected to a mobo. Otherwise it will not power up.  

what are the psu that can run without a mobo?

That I don't know.  I have seen references to including "diagnostic" plugs to jumper the PSU at the plug instead of connecting the mobo cable.  I have seen some references to a swtich on some PSU's.  However all of my PSU's all require me to jumper the mobo cable to trick the PSU.  Once you do that it will then allow you to power it up. 
legendary
February 28, 2017, 02:08:03 PM
can i connect the psu directly yo the asic with a 2 x 8 pin?

Yes, that is how I had mine setup until I started using the splitters last night to run two miners from one PSU.  You can connect the 8 pin connectors to the miner directly.

i connected it but the light went out...i hope it's not faulty i connected directly the 2 8 pin to the above 8 pin slot

well it doesn't work anymore wasted money...it was indeed faulty, i connected everything correctly, but when i switched off the psu it cut off the power

Are you using a stand alone PSU or one that is in another rig?  If you are using a stand alone PSU did you remember to jumper the mobo connector pins so that the PSU will run stand alone?  Other than that all I can recommend is to double check all your connectors.  

1. The USB from the controller to the first board.  
2. The Serial cable from one board to the other.  
3. 1 PCIE power connection to each board.  
4. Make sure to plug in the power cord into the orange pi.  

When you first power it on you should see flashing lights on both of the boards while everything passes the POST checks and then start to bring the boards online.  This takes a couple of minutes to complete.  Once they are sync'd and hashing the lights on both boards with stay turned on solid.  You should also see a red light on the orange pi controller, and of course link and data lights on your network interface.  

Those are my checklist items I can offer.  If those don't work then reach out to Baikal and I am sure they will get you fixed up.

stand alone connected only to the miner and the electric socket, why i need to jump the mobo? the psu is not connected to the mobo

i followed the video, connected correctly the usb, the serial cable and everything, then i connected the 2x8 pin from the psu directly to the 2x8 slot in the miner, is this correct?

because they send you the yellow splitter which has only one 6 x pin female and two per 6 pin to connect to the miner

i followed this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqykCdIuMJI&t=197s, but instead of the yellow cable with 6x2pin, i plugged directly the psu pcie cable into the miner, maybe this is wrong? but i can't think of why it should be

Unless you have a PSU that can run without the motherboard connected you need to plug in the mobo cable and jumper 2 of the pins to fool the PSU into thinking it is connected to a mobo. Otherwise it will not power up.  

what are the psu that can run without a mobo?
Pages:
Jump to: