Pages:
Author

Topic: GROUPBUY 4 - closed - page 6. (Read 11833 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517
February 28, 2017, 02:06:24 PM
can i connect the psu directly yo the asic with a 2 x 8 pin?

Yes, that is how I had mine setup until I started using the splitters last night to run two miners from one PSU.  You can connect the 8 pin connectors to the miner directly.

i connected it but the light went out...i hope it's not faulty i connected directly the 2 8 pin to the above 8 pin slot

well it doesn't work anymore wasted money...it was indeed faulty, i connected everything correctly, but when i switched off the psu it cut off the power

Are you using a stand alone PSU or one that is in another rig?  If you are using a stand alone PSU did you remember to jumper the mobo connector pins so that the PSU will run stand alone?  Other than that all I can recommend is to double check all your connectors.  

1. The USB from the controller to the first board.  
2. The Serial cable from one board to the other.  
3. 1 PCIE power connection to each board.  
4. Make sure to plug in the power cord into the orange pi.  

When you first power it on you should see flashing lights on both of the boards while everything passes the POST checks and then start to bring the boards online.  This takes a couple of minutes to complete.  Once they are sync'd and hashing the lights on both boards with stay turned on solid.  You should also see a red light on the orange pi controller, and of course link and data lights on your network interface.  

Those are my checklist items I can offer.  If those don't work then reach out to Baikal and I am sure they will get you fixed up.

stand alone connected only to the miner and the electric socket, why i need to jump the mobo? the psu is not connected to the mobo

i followed the video, connected correctly the usb, the serial cable and everything, then i connected the 2x8 pin from the psu directly to the 2x8 slot in the miner, is this correct?

because they send you the yellow splitter which has only one 6 x pin female and two per 6 pin to connect to the miner

i followed this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqykCdIuMJI&t=197s, but instead of the yellow cable with 6x2pin, i plugged directly the psu pcie cable into the miner, maybe this is wrong? but i can't think of why it should be

Unless you have a PSU that can run without the motherboard connected you need to plug in the mobo cable and jumper 2 of the pins to fool the PSU into thinking it is connected to a mobo. Otherwise it will not power up.  
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
February 28, 2017, 01:46:21 PM
My 7 giants has just arrived. But only with 6 sets of cable.
Wrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
I got my miners today
You are lucky guy Smiley
I got 5 with 1 set of cable Sad
now I wainting for response from Baikal
Activity: 87
February 28, 2017, 01:11:31 PM
Hello
I receved my miner this morning and directly mine Dash after check what to mine.
But what is the best dash pool that you recommend ? I start with super nova.
The giant look good easy to plug after watching the video. I was surprised that the noise is not so loud.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
February 28, 2017, 12:24:21 PM

Yes, that is how I had mine setup until I started using the splitters last night to run two miners from one PSU.  You can connect the 8 pin connectors to the miner directly.

i connected it but the light went out...i hope it's not faulty i connected directly the 2 8 pin to the above 8 pin slot

well it doesn't work anymore wasted money...it was indeed faulty, i connected everything correctly, but when i switched off the psu it cut off the power

Are you using a stand alone PSU or one that is in another rig?  If you are using a stand alone PSU did you remember to jumper the mobo connector pins so that the PSU will run stand alone?  Other than that all I can recommend is to double check all your connectors.  

When you first power it on you should see flashing lights on both of the boards while everything passes the POST checks and then start to bring the boards online.  This takes a couple of minutes to complete.  Once they are sync'd and hashing the lights on both boards with stay turned on solid.  You should also see a red light on the orange pi controller, and of course link and data lights on your network interface.  

Those are my checklist items I can offer.  If those don't work then reach out to Baikal and I am sure they will get you fixed up.

stand alone connected only to the miner and the electric socket, why i need to jump the mobo? the psu is not connected to the mobo

i followed the video, connected correctly the usb, the serial cable and everything, then i connected the 2x8 pin from the psu directly to the 2x8 slot in the miner, is this correct?

because they send you the yellow splitter which has only one 6 x pin female and two per 6 pin to connect to the miner

i followed this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqykCdIuMJI&t=197s, but instead of the yellow cable with 6x2pin, i plugged directly the psu pcie cable into the miner, maybe this is wrong? but i can't think of why it should be
February 28, 2017, 12:09:41 PM

Are you using a stand alone PSU or one that is in another rig?  If you are using a stand alone PSU did you remember to jumper the mobo connector pins so that the PSU will run stand alone?  Other than that all I can recommend is to double check all your connectors. 

When you first power it on you should see flashing lights on both of the boards while everything passes the POST checks and then start to bring the boards online.  This takes a couple of minutes to complete.  Once they are sync'd and hashing the lights on both boards with stay turned on solid.  You should also see a red light on the orange pi controller, and of course link and data lights on your network interface. 

Those are my checklist items I can offer.  If those don't work then reach out to Baikal and I am sure they will get you fixed up.

Activity: 62
February 28, 2017, 11:50:49 AM
I just baught 10 Giants from Baikal and i must say their customer service is really nice. You feel taken care off and everything went smooth from start to finish. I asked alot of question and they replied really fast in an orderly fashion. Now im just waiting for shipping parcel information.

Keep up the good work you guys at Baikal. I will be ordering alot more from you in the near future Smiley

Best Regards Happy Hashing co in Norway
legendary
February 28, 2017, 11:03:06 AM

February 28, 2017, 10:51:51 AM

Yes, that is how I had mine setup until I started using the splitters last night to run two miners from one PSU.  You can connect the 8 pin connectors to the miner directly.
legendary
February 28, 2017, 10:44:34 AM
can i connect the psu directly to the asic with a 2 x 8 pin?
Activity: 703
Merit: 272
February 28, 2017, 10:22:09 AM
Here's the page to set it up for NiceHash

https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=news&id=114

and here's the page to set it up for MiningPoolHub

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16019833

I've had no problems with miningpoolhub, but when it auto switching on NiceHash, i ended up with extremely high reject percentages when it switched from x11 to qubit or quark.

so post your finding.

also, i'm just running the minis
February 28, 2017, 09:55:57 AM
oooh built in profit switching?

can you post some screenshots of the UI showing this?
Yes, I would like to know more about what you mean by this.  If mining on nicehash can it switch between algorithms  X11 / X13 / X14 / X15 / Quark / Qubit automatically based on profitability?

That is my understanding that it works that way.  I could be wrong, but I thought I also read someplace here and on a Nicehash post online about this feature. 

I have had mine briefly switch between the algo's on Nicehash once or twice now since I have had it.  I don't know if it was due to Nicehash X11 briefly interrupted or if it was profit switching.  But hopefully more experienced people can chime in on this feature.  It could be I am misunderstanding what I read. Wouldn't be the first time.   Grin

legendary
Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001
February 28, 2017, 09:41:28 AM

Yes, I would like to know more about what you mean by this.  If mining on nicehash can it switch between algorithms  X11 / X13 / X14 / X15 / Quark / Qubit automatically based on profitability?
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
February 28, 2017, 06:06:09 AM

February 27, 2017, 10:11:29 PM
The new Giant showed up this evening.  Pulled it out of the box and attempted to connect 2 Giant's together.  For some reason the second miner would not sync up.  So I tried a couple of different things and still no luck getting them to sync.  So I disconnected the interlink between the 2 and connected a network cable and it was off and running without any issues. 

The software for this miner is just a cut above what you might have come to expect after working with Bitmain, Innosilicon, KNC.   The software has a very polished feel, it refreshes, it is interactive, it has a built in profit switching ability.  Just really nice stuff. 

I don't know why it didn't want to sync when interconnected between the two miners.  I might try again later to see if I can get that to work, but for now it is humming along.

One other observation about the Giant.  The chips just don't get hot.  My temps on these things running in my office are 34-35c right now.   I really don't expect any issues at all going into the summer with the Baikal miners. 

Also for those wanting to split the load on PSU's.  The miner comes with a PCIE Y cable so you can run the entire miner off of one PCIE drop on a PSU with the included splitter.  I currently have 2 Giant's mining X11 running off of a 550w PSU I had sitting around in a box and it is working fine.  You can't get much more efficient and cost effective than that. 

February 27, 2017, 05:49:29 PM
Wrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Each miner should come with a pair of the cables.  One cable to connect one board to another in the same miner. The second cable is for the interconnect to a second or subsequent miners. So you should have excess cables to make all your connections.  Of course reach out to Baikal about the missing cables, but you should be able to get everything going.  

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
February 27, 2017, 05:46:11 PM
Wrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
Activity: 120
February 27, 2017, 04:56:13 PM
I did the payment earlier today... anxiously awaiting my tracking number!

Anyone else get their units and are mining already?
legendary
February 27, 2017, 03:40:17 AM
Hi, anybody knows how to connect these miners and max how much pieces can be connected?? How to do it?? I found only 2 videos about preliminary settings. Nothing else on the web.
https://youtu.be/DjAOvdn7Pew
Waiting 7 pcs. Arriving on tuesday. Do you think I can connect all 7??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqykCdIuMJI   ---Baikal Giant installation guide.

We recommend to connect no more 5 Giants together. 5 is OK and stable.

this article say to connect the pcie port that are up and not down https://www.eastshore.xyz/tutorial-baikal-giant-a900-x11-miner-900mh-217w-dash-miner/

what's the difference?
Activity: 129
www.baikalminer.com
February 27, 2017, 03:24:43 AM
Hi all,

This topic you should read. Smiley

Recently, we have received some messages about the potential scams on skype, how to identify official baikal skype, please take a look at below topic:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/identify-official-baikal-skype-please-help-let-more-people-see-1804508

Always be careful when you decide to do the payment. We are really grateful for all your trust on baikal and we do not want any baikal users be scamed by anyone. please help us let more people see it. Smiley
Activity: 129
www.baikalminer.com
February 27, 2017, 03:20:23 AM
Hi, anybody knows how to connect these miners and max how much pieces can be connected?? How to do it?? I found only 2 videos about preliminary settings. Nothing else on the web.
https://youtu.be/DjAOvdn7Pew
Waiting 7 pcs. Arriving on tuesday. Do you think I can connect all 7??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqykCdIuMJI   ---Baikal Giant installation guide.

We recommend to connect no more 5 Giants together. 5 is OK and stable.
Pages:
Jump to: