Pages:
Author

Topic: GUI mining - updated Dec 3 with 7970 bugfix, also supports Stratum! - page 3. (Read 3231923 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hello All,

I'm a totally newbie and I'm starting from scratch so please sorry if my questioins are silly  Embarrassed

I followed this guide: http://cryptocur.com/bitcoin/bitcoin-mining-guide/ (found there the link to this forum), I downloaded the AMD-APP-SDK (64bit) for my graphic card ATI Raderon 6700 series and install it.

I wish to mining Dogecoins so I joined a pool, but I can't start mining with Guimining! I set up the software in this way:

• Server: I choose 'other' from the window
  • Host: I put the stratum address
  • Port: the port gave me by the pool
  • Username: my worker user
  • Password: the password of my worker
  • Device: I have only two options: Juniper or Intel core i5 2400, I choose the first
  • Extra flags: I really don't know what is it, so I leave it empty
  • CPU affinity: 0

Then I click on 'start mining', it says 'Starting', but this error appears: 'Value error: need more than 1 value to unpack' what does it mean? Above all, what should I do?

I try to set the cpu affinity on 2 or 3, but nothing happened. I have a windows 7 home 6.1.7601 service pack 1 build 7601, x64 based, CPU intel core i5-2400 @3101 mhz, 4 core with 4 gb of RAM and ATI radeon 6700 series as graphic card, help please  Huh

Thank you, bye.

Gabriel
Activity: 1
The software has a big issue. In my box with 64 cores, and I have another one with 80 cores, the GUI does not show the right hand side, where the user name goes.
I am  doing CPU mining only.
Could you please post a version that has a more convenient GUI for boxes that are not desktop consumers but servers wit several dozens cores?
I can send you a donation if you can do this for  me, including connecting it to https://btcdig.com

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Hi guys need help!

When i start GUIminer GPU temperature goes up to 80*C, the programe shows 5 MHs. But pool cant see my working, after 12 hours still didnt get paid.
What am i doing wrong?  

Your gpu should not and possibly can no longer be used used for mining. Even back in 2011 this gpu was so inefficient it would not create enough hashes to pay for its own power costs. You might have not submitted a single share as diff is way to high for such small hashrates. Might as well play the lottery and solo CPU mine bitcoin at this speed. (hint: it's a waste of power and you will likely not earn anything in 500 years)

Mine DigitalCoin or some other scrypt coin, but even that would be a waste with your gpu. It's much better used for gaming.
Hi

I just downloaded the GUI and tried running it on slush's pool.
I keep getting this error msg:

ValueError :Cannot configure port, some setting was wrong.
Original message: [Error1] Incorrect function.

I have already set

Host: api.bitcoin.cz
Port: 8332
Username and Password according to the worker details.

Can anyone help...

Thanks!
ojo
Activity: 5
Hi guys need help!

http://s58.radikal.ru/i162/1401/32/d169dadd8bbf.png
http://s019.radikal.ru/i608/1401/9d/e27f2f5acae5.png

When i start GUIminer GPU temperature goes up to 80*C, the programe shows 5 MHs. But pool cant see my working, after 12 hours still didnt get paid.
What am i doing wrong? 
I am very new to OpenCL and just successfully installed the AMD ADD SDKS module/driver/software onto my 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz laptop, running Windows 7 with a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6570 graphics card. After what appeared to be a successful installation, the GUI Miner application continues to say that "No OpenCL devices were found." Is there a procedure to "activate" the AMD APP SDKS software? Is there a utility that exists that can be run that would determine whether the software was properly installed and ready for use? These may sound like questions from a novice, but that's because I AM a novice. I appreciate the assistance from someone with expertise in this area. Huh
Activity: 55
Hi,

I have a problem with the integrated guiminer of GRC.
I don't know, if it's really a problem, but want to be shure.

After a couple of time my grcminingconsole shows:

http://oi39.tinypic.com/mjbmeq.jpg

instead of:
http://oi44.tinypic.com/2rrl936.jpg

Now my question,
is the guiminer working when the screen does not show the actuell hashing rate?
Every time I see this, I'm restarting the miner, but I can't watch it the whole day and start it every time.
But is it really neccessary to restart it or, does the miner still works?
I can't see if the graficcards are working when it happens ( so I couldn't conclude if the miner works or not), because I'm using the pc via teamviewer.

Hope you can help me with my questions.
stefan

I am just starting with GUIMiner, but am not sure how to tell if it is mining or not.

I do not get the screen shots you showed in your post.

My interface appears to be just the main page where you log in. I selected slush's pool.

It shows me the hast rate (36.6 Mhash), and shows that I accepted 3 shares.

Even though I do not have the nice screen like the poster above me, am I still mining?
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
Hi,

I have a problem with the integrated guiminer of GRC.
I don't know, if it's really a problem, but want to be shure.

After a couple of time my grcminingconsole shows:

instead of:

Now my question,
is the guiminer working when the screen does not show the actuell hashing rate?
Every time I see this, I'm restarting the miner, but I can't watch it the whole day and start it every time.
But is it really neccessary to restart it or, does the miner still works?
I can't see if the graficcards are working when it happens ( so I couldn't conclude if the miner works or not), because I'm using the pc via teamviewer.

Hope you can help me with my questions.
stefan
Activity: 32
i have problems runing this with my 2 cards,at first i couldn even mined with one,was getting " Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   cgminer.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   517d4469
  Fault Module Name:cgminer.exe
i found fix for that in other thread,and GUI-scryp worked fine,now when i try to install my other card same way i get this when trying to run gui-scrypt:  Problem Event Name:BEX
  Application Name:   guiminer.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   49180193
  Fault Module Name:   StackHash_0a9e
I couldnt find any real soluton for this but i see people having this error with other application aswell,and it is def. connected to hardwer drivers(not sure wich one)

windows x64 is up to date and sdk is installed,using 13.9 catalyst

NOTE-my other card is different than my first one and it using older legacy update so maybe that is an issue.
or i doing it wrong and GUI-scrypt cant run on 2 cards?
Activity: 4
Do you have the Cuda pack installed? You will likely need it if using a nVidia GPU.

A side note: you may not get a very good speed from nVidia hardware, especially when going for BTC. An ASIC device would be much more effective at this point.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison#Nvidia

I'm not sure with Cuda. Like the guy above me^, I do have GPU Caps Viewer and can send a few pictures of that if needed. Where do I find this out and where would I acquire it?

In response to the side note, I am for Christmas. I'm undecided on what I should get. Any ASIC going for around $500. Is the return of investment a decently short period of time given current prices. What do you recommend and what have you heard. I'm eager to learn all I can. And thank you for responding, glad to see this thread active!
Activity: 12
I am using this with a NVidia GT450. The default OpenCL works (at 42-43 Mh/s), but CUDA doesn't.

LE: I found how to do it. It makes only 36Mh/s.
Activity: 192
Hello, I can only find one place where this qestion is asked and no one is answering it. I've just started getting into bitcoin and I know I set up guiminer correctly but I keep experiencing:
Code:
2013-12-11 23:36:48: Listener for "BTC Miner 1" started
2013-12-11 23:36:48: Listener for "BTC Miner 1": Traceback (most recent call last):
2013-12-11 23:36:48: Listener for "BTC Miner 1": File "poclbm.py", line 104, in
2013-12-11 23:36:48: Listener for "BTC Miner 1": NameError: name 'OpenCLMiner' is not defined

This is really frustrating because I have no clue what the heck to do since I am so new. I have the Nvidia EVGA GTX 550 ti 1gb graphics card on Windows 7 64-bit. I'm trying to use Slush's pool and have my worker and wallet all set up. I've seen videos of the miner working and I love the set up and the way it works, but I just need it to work. Any help would be very appreciated as I am very eager to get to money and will be sure to donate some of my profits to you for your help, thanks!

Update: after a night of sitting, the miner gives me this in the console:

Code:
2013-12-12 06:09:48: Running command: poclbm.exe [username][password] --device=0 --platform=0 --verbose -r1
2013-12-12 06:09:48: Listener for "BTC Miner 1" started
2013-12-12 06:09:48: Listener for "BTC Miner 1": 12/12/2013 06:09:48,  need more than 1 value to unpack
2013-12-12 06:09:48: Listener for "BTC Miner 1": Traceback (most recent call last):
2013-12-12 06:09:48: Listener for "BTC Miner 1": File "Switch.pyo", line 45, in __init__
2013-12-12 06:09:48: Listener for "BTC Miner 1": File "Switch.pyo", line 59, in parse_server
2013-12-12 06:09:48: Listener for "BTC Miner 1": ValueError: need more than 1 value to unpack
2013-12-12 06:09:48: Listener for "BTC Miner 1": Traceback (most recent call last):
2013-12-12 06:09:48: Listener for "BTC Miner 1": File "poclbm.py", line 104, in
2013-12-12 06:09:48: Listener for "BTC Miner 1": NameError: name 'OpenCLMiner' is not defined
2013-12-12 06:09:53: Listener for "BTC Miner 1" shutting down

When I stop the process I do get one stale answer, any ideas?

Do you have the Cuda pack installed? You will likely need it if using a nVidia GPU.

A side note: you may not get a very good speed from nVidia hardware, especially when going for BTC. An ASIC device would be much more effective at this point.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison#Nvidia
Activity: 4
Hello, I can only find one place where this qestion is asked and no one is answering it. I've just started getting into bitcoin and I know I set up guiminer correctly but I keep experiencing:
Code:
2013-12-11 23:36:48: Listener for "BTC Miner 1" started
2013-12-11 23:36:48: Listener for "BTC Miner 1": Traceback (most recent call last):
2013-12-11 23:36:48: Listener for "BTC Miner 1": File "poclbm.py", line 104, in
2013-12-11 23:36:48: Listener for "BTC Miner 1": NameError: name 'OpenCLMiner' is not defined

This is really frustrating because I have no clue what the heck to do since I am so new. I have the Nvidia EVGA GTX 550 ti 1gb graphics card on Windows 7 64-bit. I'm trying to use Slush's pool and have my worker and wallet all set up. I've seen videos of the miner working and I love the set up and the way it works, but I just need it to work. Any help would be very appreciated as I am very eager to get to money and will be sure to donate some of my profits to you for your help, thanks!

Update: after a night of sitting, the miner gives me this in the console:

Code:
2013-12-12 06:09:48: Running command: poclbm.exe [username][password] --device=0 --platform=0 --verbose -r1
2013-12-12 06:09:48: Listener for "BTC Miner 1" started
2013-12-12 06:09:48: Listener for "BTC Miner 1": 12/12/2013 06:09:48,  need more than 1 value to unpack
2013-12-12 06:09:48: Listener for "BTC Miner 1": File "Switch.pyo", line 45, in __init__
2013-12-12 06:09:48: Listener for "BTC Miner 1": File "Switch.pyo", line 59, in parse_server
2013-12-12 06:09:48: Listener for "BTC Miner 1": ValueError: need more than 1 value to unpack
2013-12-12 06:09:48: Listener for "BTC Miner 1": File "poclbm.py", line 104, in
2013-12-12 06:09:48: Listener for "BTC Miner 1": NameError: name 'OpenCLMiner' is not defined
2013-12-12 06:09:53: Listener for "BTC Miner 1" shutting down

When I stop the process I do get one stale answer, any ideas?
Activity: 6
Hey everyone.
Im getting the following error when i start guiminer.exe

ERROR:root:Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "guiminer.py", line 2478, in run
  File "guiminer.py", line 1782, in __init__
  File "guiminer.py", line 2075, in parse_config
  File "guiminer.py", line 2006, in get_storage_location
  File "os.pyo", line 423, in __getitem__
KeyError: 'APPDATA'
  File "guiminer.py", line 2487, in

if someone could help me that would be great
Activity: 196
GUIMiner closes if I click the icon. The window does not appear after launching. How do I get it to work?

I've run into this problem, the app crashes because you have a problem with your Driver/opencl.

Simply uninstall opencl package, then driver package, then run driverfusion to sweep leftovers(very important). Reboot.
Reinstall drivers, then opencl, Should launch now.

If you are not talking about app crash, but no visible window, thats different.
In win 7 simply hover over the app in taskbar right click and maximize, then pull down the top bar to relocate the app on screen.

waltsmith
It's a Sapphire HD 6950 1Gb
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I finally got this to recognize my 6950 and it is hashing around half the rate of the CPU, I thought GPU's were meant to be faster for mining?
GPU - 240Kh/s
CPU - 540Kh/s
Is there anything I can do to make the GPU faster short of overclocking the card?   Huh

what card are you using?
I finally got this to recognize my 6950 and it is hashing around half the rate of the CPU, I thought GPU's were meant to be faster for mining?
GPU - 240Kh/s
CPU - 540Kh/s
Is there anything I can do to make the GPU faster short of overclocking the card?   Huh
Activity: 10
Can you use ASIC USBs with GUIMiner?

I've seen the answer both ways here and elsewhere.

If yes, then can anyone share a "how-to"?

If no, is this a planned new feature for the future?

Thanks,
D
Activity: 154
r9 280x now comeing Cheesy

Cant wait to get them
Pages:
Jump to: