Pages:
Author

Topic: GUI mining - updated Dec 3 with 7970 bugfix, also supports Stratum! - page 6. (Read 3231923 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
i have very strange proble on windows7 since 2 days.
when i open GUIminer it goes to tray and i can see it on the navbar [the desktop bar] but i cannot open the program itself. i can just see its icon but it never shows up a window.
i did reinstall and copied same files to other computers - they work and ope nnormally.

any ideas what to do?
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Fix for the infamous GUIMiner interface not showing up...

I had the same problem that others have had with the interface not showing up (it appears in the task bar, but the window never materializes).  The usual fix (using keyboard shortcuts to move the window) did not work.  The window was not hidden or otherwise out of sight.  It simply was not there.  I figured out that the culprit is the AMD APP SDK v2.8 installation.

I have verified this on two completely separate systems (both Windows 7 x64 - but no other SW or HW similarities).  I can fix the issue by uninstalling SDK v2.8 and installing v2.7.  I can reproduce the problem by uninstalling v2.7 and re-installing v2.8.

I am guessing the program hangs before the window is created when it polls the 2.8 OpenCL SDK drivers for devices, etc... (Just a guess).

I don't know if this will help anyone else, but I wanted to share in case is does.

Activity: 14
Hi guys,

I hate to have to ask for help, but i've exhausted the limits of my knowledge and googling ability, and ive started my own thread but nobody has been able to help so far, so i thought id ask a in this thread to see if anyone has any thoughts on my problem.

I am mining with my main Nvidia graphics card fine (windows 7, guiminer, slushs pool (stratum) and eligius) and i thought id pop my old gpu in and use that concurrently (GeForce 6800).

Firstly windows detected it, but guiminer didnt show it, so i updated drivers and still it didnt show. So after googling/reading on forums i found you need a dummy plug or actual output connected. So i run a second monitor through the 6800, its working fine, but it still doesnt show up on guiminer after system resets, updates, i've tried phoenix, and opencl miner (through latest guiminer update) and still nothing. I have found the card on bitcoin compatibility lists, so that should be ok. I'm completely stumped.

I have also tried it with another graphics card, and the same thing happens, both works perfect, but the secondary card will never show up in guiminer. I have tried opening a second instance of the programme.

Its a long shot somebody can help me, but you don't ask, you don't get. Thanks in advance.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Here's my issue.  I recently changed the configuration of my monitors (removed one) and got decreased hash on one.  I plugged in one monitor to both cards and now I get this:

Code:
2013-04-24 21:30:51: Running command: poclbm.exe [email protected]:[email protected]:8332 --device=0 --platform=0 --verbose -r1 -v -w 128
2013-04-24 21:30:51: Listener for "50btc Pitcairn" started

And that's it.  No mining, no accepting shares, nothing.  Other card works fine.  Other miners work fine; GUIMiner is the only one with a problem.  Problem is pool independent.  Any ideas?

Onboard 7760
PCIE 7870

Onboard working fine, 7870 not mining anything.  Works on phoenix and diablominer, but I want stratum support!

Activity: 6
Heya i've been a lurker for a while and only just been able to post.
Don't want to be a pain but is there any possibility you will be adding in support for the upcoming ASICs from BFL.
Love the GUI by the way and I will donate soon. (not as a bribe or anything  Wink)
Activity: 457
Merit: 250
Hi, I'm having difficulty with guiminer. I can open it up, and it appears in my system tray (not my taskbar, so it isn't the bug that many people will assume it to be). However I can't open the window. I've already tried reinstalling it but to no avail.

Please help!!

Thanks,

Roddy.

It is probably "off" the main GPU window. If it shows in your system tray can you "restore" and get it to show in your taskbar? Then hover over it, and right click the preview window from taskbar. Click "Move" and then press one of your arrow keys (UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT). The GUIminer window should now appear on your desktop.
Activity: 20
Ok everything seems to be working again.. What flags should I use for a GTX 650Ti Boost??

Jon

Update: It's still not working... It still stalls and drops to 2.2M from 180M. So still have errors. Buddy came by and is going to show me a different miner that is giving him better results because of no support here....

Jon
Activity: 126
Merit: 100

nothing happens when I install GUIminer

I install it, run the application, then it just shuts and nothing happens. I don't see it in my applications, what is going on?

windows 7
net framework 4.5
bitcoin installed and 98% synced with network
ADX260OCK23GM AMD Athlon II X2 Dual-core 260 3.2GHz Processor
asrock 970 extreme4
3x 7950
Kingston ramm  KHX16C9P1K2/16
man
Activity: 28
and Connection Problems.
This happens only in
2012-11-18
2012-12-03
version of GUIminer

on 2012-02-19 it works fine.

How do I get the 2012-02-19 version or what ever version is debugged and it works with windows 7 64 bit

Hello....I downloaded the Bitcoin Miner 1.7...as a firefox addon.  There are 4 boxes that require some information for the miner to work.
When I click on the link for help....it directs me here.

I would like to know what should be put into the 4 boxes to get er goin?

Thanks!
Activity: 42
FYI this is really great, and after I got OpenCL working I get some great speeds. It's very stable.
Activity: 2
The Interface says NameError: name'OpenCLMiner' is not defined

Tried downloading the update software for my driver and used an install that is supposed to tell me if my GPU is compatible with bit coin mining. Also tried restarting the GUI, using different flags and different mining pools. I can't even get my solo miner to work. The device I am trying to use is my Processor as it is the only device that shows up. My graphics card will not show up in the devices section, whether that is because it is incompatible or not I do not know.

RAM: 4GB DDR2
Hard Drive: 640 GB
Processor: AMD Phenom X4 9100e Quad-Core
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 3200

Yes I know it is a crappy computer I'm gonna upgrade soon. Any help is appreciated thank you.
Ok everything seems to be working again.. What flags should I use for a GTX 650Ti Boost??

Jon
Activity: 7
Hi. I had no problems running cgminer (besides problems with overclocking my gpu) but wanted to try guiminer to compare results, usability etc. but I'm getting some kind of error. I've been trying to find a solution to this but to no avail. My card is club 3d radeon 7870xt, 13.3beta drivers, win7 x64

This is what console tab shows:

2013-04-11 22:57:09: Running command: poclbm.exe xxxxxxx:xxxxxxx@http://pool.50btc.com:8332 --device=0 --platform=0 --verbose -r1
2013-04-11 22:57:09: Listener for "Default" started
2013-04-11 22:57:09: Listener for "Default": 11/04/2013 22:57:09,  need more than 1 value to unpack
2013-04-11 22:57:11: Listener for "Default": At least one server is required
2013-04-11 22:57:11: Listener for "Default": Traceback (most recent call last):
2013-04-11 22:57:11: Listener for "Default": File "Switch.pyo", line 45, in __init__
2013-04-11 22:57:11: Listener for "Default": File "Switch.pyo", line 60, in parse_server
2013-04-11 22:57:11: Listener for "Default": ValueError: need more than 1 value to unpack
2013-04-12 00:11:52: Listener for "Default" shutting down
Activity: 462
I have dual gtx460's watercooled & oclocked to 851mhz and they hash at about 145 Mhash/sec (70Mhash/sec each)
This is the norm for nvidia.

I use two rpcminer-cuda.exe instances like so:
-gpu=0 -gpugrid=320 -gputhreads=320 -aggression=7 -workrefreshms=1000
-gpu=1 -gpugrid=320 -gputhreads=320 -aggression=7 -workrefreshms=1000

Messages about "lost connection" are normal, its from the pool servers reply time.  

Every server has different reply times, if your miner tries to query the server too soon, guiminer will say you have connection problems.
You need to find the refresh rate your pool allows and change -workrefreshms=XXXX to the servers limit.
Default for  -workrefreshms=4000

Most virus scanners and firewall programs hate "coin" miners and call them viruses, so make sure your virus scanner and firewall allow rpcminer-cuda.exe, and guiminer.

I use p2pool as my pool server.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/1500-th-p2pool-decentralized-dos-resistant-hop-proof-pool-18313

DO NOT USE rpcminer-mod-cuda.exe
This MOD also uses up all of 1 cpu, so i think its using the cpu to do hash also, perhaps tricking users into thinking its better than original.  It uses all cpu, and no hashes are accepted in GUIMINER, even tho it says its hashing, and p2pool says almost all are DOA...
DO NOT USE THIS MOD-->hxxps://github.com/cdmackie/rpcminer-mod/tree/master/bin
 USE ORIGINAL RPCMINER

Original RPCMINER: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/rpc-miners-cpu4waycudaopencl-2444

If your RPCMINER program uses 100% of any cpu, and GUIminer shows 0(0) under "Accepted"
 (if you are only doing gpu mining) then you have the modified broken rpcminer-cuda.

interesting Clock Loop since I just run GUIMiner with my 460's and get around 145Mh too without any flags

but i do get those connection problems ..  maybe it is deepbit issue but i can recover if it is short but multiple it will knock it out until stop/start again

I will have to try other pools to see if more stable

thanks again
Activity: 22
I have dual gtx460's watercooled & oclocked to 851mhz and they hash at about 145 Mhash/sec (70Mhash/sec each)
This is the norm for nvidia.

I use two rpcminer-cuda.exe instances like so:
-gpu=0 -gpugrid=320 -gputhreads=320 -aggression=7 -workrefreshms=1000
-gpu=1 -gpugrid=320 -gputhreads=320 -aggression=7 -workrefreshms=1000

Messages about "lost connection" are normal, its from the pool servers reply time.  

Every server has different reply times, if your miner tries to query the server too soon, guiminer will say you have connection problems.
You need to find the refresh rate your pool allows and change -workrefreshms=XXXX to the servers limit.
Default for  -workrefreshms=4000

Most virus scanners and firewall programs hate "coin" miners and call them viruses, so make sure your virus scanner and firewall allow rpcminer-cuda.exe, and guiminer.

I use p2pool as my pool server.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/1500-th-p2pool-decentralized-dos-resistant-hop-proof-pool-18313

DO NOT USE rpcminer-mod-cuda.exe
This MOD also uses up all of 1 cpu, so i think its using the cpu to do hash also, perhaps tricking users into thinking its better than original.  It uses all cpu, and no hashes are accepted in GUIMINER, even tho it says its hashing, and p2pool says almost all are DOA...
DO NOT USE THIS MOD-->hxxps://github.com/cdmackie/rpcminer-mod/tree/master/bin
 USE ORIGINAL RPCMINER

Original RPCMINER: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/rpc-miners-cpu4waycudaopencl-2444

If your RPCMINER program uses 100% of any cpu, and GUIminer shows 0(0) under "Accepted"
 (if you are only doing gpu mining) then you have the modified broken rpcminer-cuda.
Activity: 462
I said what the hell and run my two GTX460's with GUIMiner..   I don't think it is running any CUDA though but they run until the dreaded pit.deepbit.net long poll errors

then i stop and start and fine again..  must be deepbit??

I have my cards in SLI configuration but i end up running gui miner twice and just pick each card to run by itself..   i put 4 CPUs with each for the hell of it

it is pretty pathetic, maybe make $2 a day at these lame rates.. together about 150Mh   Undecided

fun to tinker with, maybe i figure out CUDA and SLI and those crazy flag/tags settings not sure about where you put them either..  i put them on command line but that didnt work at all

legendary
Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047
I'm getting this message when I click start (last version, just downloaded from here, "20121203"): "NameError:globalname 'GetLastError' is not defined". I'm using a Sapphire 7970 (11197-11-40G), and I have installed all 4 drivers files from http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/downloads/download_index.aspx?psn=0006&lid=1. Username and Password are correct. Server BTC GUILD. Device 0-0 Tahiti. Cpu Affinity 0 (ticked). Windows 7 64 bits. Could someone tell me what may I be doing wrong? CGMiner works well for me.
REALLY need some help please.... A LOT  of issues going on as of right now. Latest issue is I cant even get GUIMiner to start after clicking the icon. It's like it crashes. I deleted it many times and re-downloaded the files and different versions but nothing is working. I go down to my task bar and I see the icon for GUIMiner but when I hover over it as soon as I get to it is goes away. Here are some error messages I was getting before this issue started....

pit.deepbit.net:8332 , IO errord - 1, tolerance 2

I also get long poll IO error.

I'm using the GUIMiner - v2012-12-03
Device: [0-0] Juniper
CPU Affinity: 1,2
Extra flags: -v -w128

Windows7 64

pit.deepbit.net:8332 06/04/2013 02:45:37, warning: job finished, 0:0Juniper is idle

pit.deepbit.net:8332 07/04/2013 03:42:05, 'None Type' object has no attribute 'settimeout'

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'stop'

Here are some screen shots when I could still start the miner...

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/zts03focus/Bitmining_zps1449c738.png
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/zts03focus/Mining2_zps82bdaca1.png

Please help me I'm going crazy here. I have about $1000 worth of GPU and PSU to install but I dont want to do any of that until I know everything is going to work.

Thank you so much,
Jon

I'm getting all the same issues.  And i'm using deepbit.  I wonder if it has something to do with them?  I'm mining on two win7 x86 machines.  One win7 x64 machine and one mac.  Guiminer on all of them and the mac is the only one not having the issue.

The miner won't even open now on my PC. I deleted it and downloaded it again and I click the icon to open the miner and nothing happens. So I have no clue what's goin on.

Jon
Activity: 6
REALLY need some help please.... A LOT  of issues going on as of right now. Latest issue is I cant even get GUIMiner to start after clicking the icon. It's like it crashes. I deleted it many times and re-downloaded the files and different versions but nothing is working. I go down to my task bar and I see the icon for GUIMiner but when I hover over it as soon as I get to it is goes away. Here are some error messages I was getting before this issue started....

pit.deepbit.net:8332 , IO errord - 1, tolerance 2

I also get long poll IO error.

I'm using the GUIMiner - v2012-12-03
Device: [0-0] Juniper
CPU Affinity: 1,2
Extra flags: -v -w128

Windows7 64

pit.deepbit.net:8332 06/04/2013 02:45:37, warning: job finished, 0:0Juniper is idle

pit.deepbit.net:8332 07/04/2013 03:42:05, 'None Type' object has no attribute 'settimeout'

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'stop'

Here are some screen shots when I could still start the miner...

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/zts03focus/Bitmining_zps1449c738.png
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/zts03focus/Mining2_zps82bdaca1.png

Please help me I'm going crazy here. I have about $1000 worth of GPU and PSU to install but I dont want to do any of that until I know everything is going to work.

Thank you so much,
Jon

I'm getting all the same issues.  And i'm using deepbit.  I wonder if it has something to do with them?  I'm mining on two win7 x86 machines.  One win7 x64 machine and one mac.  Guiminer on all of them and the mac is the only one not having the issue.
I read the last two pages and it looks like no answers to many of the questions. Can someone with some experience help us out?

That's what I'm sayin. I have all these issues going and I'm not mining one bit and I'm missing out on a lot!!! Soooo can we get some help please...

Jon
Pages:
Jump to: