Pages:
Author

Topic: [GUIDE] BitFury Miner Support/Tuning - page 4. (Read 147977 times)

Activity: 368
Merit: 250
March 04, 2014, 09:08:43 AM
Check above posts, i can make you one of those, they are not pretty but they work, also youll need another Rpi.
Pm if interested.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010
March 04, 2014, 08:53:50 AM
Try removing one from each lane(you should have 4 lanes), leave only 3card/lane and add them one by one testing stability, see how it does, also cleaning the oxidation from tha card pads helps.
If it works with 3 cards/lane you should consider another m-board.

already did that.

how can I order another m-board? older version of m-board (2.3) is unavailable in europe and us store...
March 04, 2014, 08:43:43 AM
Try removing one from each lane(you should have 4 lanes), leave only 3card/lane and add them one by one testing stability, see how it does, also cleaning the oxidation from tha card pads helps.
If it works with 3 cards/lane you should consider another m-board.
legendary
March 04, 2014, 08:37:48 AM
Are you pencil modded? if yes, seems like the power bucks dont like it very much.

nope.

but I bought additional h-boards, to fill the missing slots. now with all slots populated tthe whole setup is very unstable.
March 04, 2014, 08:25:37 AM
Are you pencil modded? if yes, seems like the power bucks dont like it very much.
legendary
March 04, 2014, 08:02:06 AM
m board filled with 16 cards here and my configuration is very untsable.

some h-boards occasionally just go to 0.
Activity: 857
Merit: 1000
Anger is a gift.
March 02, 2014, 01:09:52 PM
Is there anyway to use a different stratum proxy with chain miner? Resetting it every 10 or 60 min still leads to issues after several days. Anyway to put slush's proxy in it, or is that what it is using?
February 28, 2014, 06:41:47 AM
My 2 cents, thought i should post here as well, given the unavailability of M-boards.

After turning this: into this: and this: into this: ,
because there were no 0603 220k resistors in stock.

The result: , ,

P.S. Thanks intron for the help and support

4 boards fixed and accepting chips

Schematic:
TOP VIEW

BOTTOM VIEW

NOTES:
- ONLY USE V2 CHAINMINER SOFTWARE AS THE SCHEMATIC IS BASED ON THAT, its actually a bank of the v2 m-board
- tried to keep air wires to a minimum (8 to be exact)
- LM2596 power module should be placed exactly where it is placed on the layout, otherwise youll have trouble in placing the H-cards, youll have some tolerance if you use flexible wires.
- Scale is 1:1 so i did not bother to place dimensions
- full resolution images here:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yl0fov35cmv3r7p/gR4W5vdL6W
- pins on the slots are a bit tighter then they should be so youll have to bend the first 4 pins on each side inwards a bit (made them from the hip)

I have decided to stop making other version... aka the 8,12 or 16 slot versions although you can adapt as you see fit.
You can also connect 4 m-boards with 4 slots toghether like so:

full image here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yl0fov35cmv3r7p/gR4W5vdL6W

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000
Anger is a gift.
February 26, 2014, 07:04:21 PM
My sd card got corrupted so I imaged it again not realizing I used an old version of the image file from megabigpower. Nothing but low hash rates and 0 hash rates for 2 days.

When I realized this I put a new image on the sd card from megabig, the one linked in their help file pdf.

Its been running rocksolid for 2 days at full hash rate, about 30-34 ghash per card on an 8 card setup.

so, make sure you are running the most current image file as it makes a huge difference

Make sure you are using the correct image.  On the M-Board it will say what version the board is.  You can fit the V1 and V2 image on a 4GB SD card, however you will need an 8GB SD card for the V3 image.  

V1 (3.64GB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!GZEwQRiJ!TqG52DBj07C_zGO38dhXuyeNhwZ42VB2qk2ErfsrUZ8

V2 (3.64GB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!iVEwFKpT!TqRndnWurfcQ0V2gJb2sQlNcSGoMF1B7YpUoGDvVebI​

V3  (3.69GB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!7AFVhLwQ!BmgAIx32aQQxyadT1WKdJzNOUGQAQcQgYemfSJ6kMNM

Mirror: https://www.dropbox.com/s/skr9vitueeyxwmw/miner-v3-image-11-15-2013-customer.img

Hey, thanks for reading my PDF Smiley

Technically, i've been told that you can run the latest version on everything - but i'm pretty pessimistic on that still.  Putting in a new SD card does wonders, as it has been noted in here time and time again that they do putz out.

I know that kits say overclockable - but due to the different card types, I fear that many people will try to tweak their systems using the wrong autochip commands and so on.

V1 cards can go up to 57
V2 cards can go up to 55
V2.2 cards (with the metal backing) should stick around 53

I've spent so many hours fiddling with these units and in my opinion: keeping it simple seems to be the best solution.  

If you don't know what you are doing, just run with the basic setup.  I think a bunch of people are trying to squeeze blood out of a rock (so to say), and frying their cards in the process.  I know the difficulty is going up crazy, and yes - it bums me out - but that is the way bitcoin was setup from the start.  

Dave in Germany right now - then he's going to finally meet Putin in real life(!).  Those two are going to get something hashed out concerning next-gen rigs and I can't wait to see what happens.

-Jason

The V3 image works just fine on a V1 board. I bought goxed's 10 card V1 unit and it is working perfectly. My idiot self corrupted his card, that I know he spent a lot of time tuning, after a week.
Activity: 681
Merit: 500
February 09, 2014, 04:46:23 AM
^really hope it involves actual competitive pricing. For a more-stable, stackable/enclosed bitfury I would gladly add it to my growing collection of antminers - but only if they can get their shit together and
1) price in BTC - for the love of god.
2) price no higher then 10% above the antminer - those things are simple, elegant tanks that dont wobble, dont blow sd cards, and only require the single fan that they ship with. The only upside to the bitfury is saving ~1w/GH

And saving 1W/GH only saves $0.88/GH per year at $0.10/kwh. Bitfury 55nm will be obsoleted by even more efficient tech within a year anyway, so it's not worth the huge premium Punin seems to think it is.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
February 09, 2014, 01:24:55 AM
^really hope it involves actual competitive pricing. For a more-stable, stackable/enclosed bitfury I would gladly add it to my growing collection of antminers - but only if they can get their shit together and
1) price in BTC - for the love of god.
2) price no higher then 10% above the antminer - those things are simple, elegant tanks that dont wobble, dont blow sd cards, and only require the single fan that they ship with. The only upside to the bitfury is saving ~1w/GH
Activity: 553
Merit: 500
February 08, 2014, 10:39:45 PM
My sd card got corrupted so I imaged it again not realizing I used an old version of the image file from megabigpower. Nothing but low hash rates and 0 hash rates for 2 days.

When I realized this I put a new image on the sd card from megabig, the one linked in their help file pdf.

Its been running rocksolid for 2 days at full hash rate, about 30-34 ghash per card on an 8 card setup.

so, make sure you are running the most current image file as it makes a huge difference

Make sure you are using the correct image.  On the M-Board it will say what version the board is.  You can fit the V1 and V2 image on a 4GB SD card, however you will need an 8GB SD card for the V3 image. 

V1 (3.64GB)

V2 (3.64GB)

V3  (3.69GB)

Mirror: https://www.dropbox.com/s/skr9vitueeyxwmw/miner-v3-image-11-15-2013-customer.img

Hey, thanks for reading my PDF Smiley

Technically, i've been told that you can run the latest version on everything - but i'm pretty pessimistic on that still.  Putting in a new SD card does wonders, as it has been noted in here time and time again that they do putz out.

I know that kits say overclockable - but due to the different card types, I fear that many people will try to tweak their systems using the wrong autochip commands and so on.

V1 cards can go up to 57
V2 cards can go up to 55
V2.2 cards (with the metal backing) should stick around 53

I've spent so many hours fiddling with these units and in my opinion: keeping it simple seems to be the best solution. 

If you don't know what you are doing, just run with the basic setup.  I think a bunch of people are trying to squeeze blood out of a rock (so to say), and frying their cards in the process.  I know the difficulty is going up crazy, and yes - it bums me out - but that is the way bitcoin was setup from the start. 

Dave in Germany right now - then he's going to finally meet Putin in real life(!).  Those two are going to get something hashed out concerning next-gen rigs and I can't wait to see what happens.

-Jason
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
February 08, 2014, 07:38:57 PM

Make sure you are using the correct image.  On the M-Board it will say what version the board is.  You can fit the V1 and V2 image on a 4GB SD card, however you will need an 8GB SD card for the V3 image. 

V1 (3.64GB)

V2 (3.64GB)

V3  (3.69GB)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
February 08, 2014, 12:59:21 PM
The --bab-options will allow it to go higher also.
Mainly the first parameter, the Max speed - it defaults to 55 but will allow up to 57
(but that depends on if your board can handle it that high also)

I set the defaults to match a 'slower' BitFury board so that people who tried it didn't blow anything up without messing with options Smiley
I've not actually been able to run it on my 6 board for a while now - so I don't know how well it goes with a lot more boards
(the 6 board setup has been out of my hands for a couple of weeks now)
It may still require some tuning (of the 'Delay' code to get the average down when there are a lot of boards) but until I have a larger board setup to test with, I can't really sort that one out.
Shouldn't be too much longer.

It checks each chip results roughly every 5minutes and then tunes them up or down based on HW% for that 5 min of data.
default is down if >10% HW and up if <1%

I do still have other ideas for tuning (and dealing with dead chips coz they use double or more CPU than a live chip)

Had to switch to chainminer, the speed was tanking to 220Gh/s with cgminer, occasionally going higher and then back. I'll do more testing when i have more time to concentrate on tuning.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
February 08, 2014, 08:40:30 AM
Just to confirm, this doesn't support Bitfury v1.2 hcards/mcard combo? Compiled with --enable-bitfury and it doesn't find anything. And no mention in ASIC-README about hcards...

--enable-bab

Bitfury never supported my writing the software and wouldn't even sell me hardware - so it wasn't until someone sent me a BlackArrowBitfury board that I could write and test a driver for it.

The detection code and work send command is almost the same logic as chainminer - just less bugs Tongue
If they've updated the code and not released (i.e. don't want anyone to support their hardware) then yeah my code won't know about the updates
https://github.com/bfsb/chainminer is their code as far as I know ...

Thanks, got it working, doing quite nice, only 10-15GH/s slower than what Bifury's management page says when mining with chainminer. With chainminer i have handtuned the chip speeds. 248GH/s on average (10 hours of runtime) versus 260 - 267 in chainminer. I wonder if manual tuning of those autotune parameters would bring it up.

I'll let this run for a while.

The --bab-options will allow it to go higher also.
Mainly the first parameter, the Max speed - it defaults to 55 but will allow up to 57
(but that depends on if your board can handle it that high also)

I set the defaults to match a 'slower' BitFury board so that people who tried it didn't blow anything up without messing with options Smiley
I've not actually been able to run it on my 6 board for a while now - so I don't know how well it goes with a lot more boards
(the 6 board setup has been out of my hands for a couple of weeks now)
It may still require some tuning (of the 'Delay' code to get the average down when there are a lot of boards) but until I have a larger board setup to test with, I can't really sort that one out.
Shouldn't be too much longer.

It checks each chip results roughly every 5minutes and then tunes them up or down based on HW% for that 5 min of data.
default is down if >10% HW and up if <1%

I do still have other ideas for tuning (and dealing with dead chips coz they use double or more CPU than a live chip)
February 08, 2014, 06:45:41 AM
Just to confirm, this doesn't support Bitfury v1.2 hcards/mcard combo? Compiled with --enable-bitfury and it doesn't find anything. And no mention in ASIC-README about hcards...

--enable-bab

Bitfury never supported my writing the software and wouldn't even sell me hardware - so it wasn't until someone sent me a BlackArrowBitfury board that I could write and test a driver for it.

The detection code and work send command is almost the same logic as chainminer - just less bugs Tongue
If they've updated the code and not released (i.e. don't want anyone to support their hardware) then yeah my code won't know about the updates

Thanks, got it working, doing quite nice, only 10-15GH/s slower than what Bifury's management page says when mining with chainminer. With chainminer i have handtuned the chip speeds. 248GH/s on average (10 hours of runtime) versus 260 - 267 in chainminer. I wonder if manual tuning of those autotune parameters would bring it up.

I'll let this run for a while.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
February 06, 2014, 10:54:49 PM

--enable-bab

February 05, 2014, 03:08:55 PM
Activity: 28
February 05, 2014, 02:28:31 PM
Is there a diagram anywhere online showing all the components of the V1.2 H-cards? (The chips and capacitors are easy enough to spot, but I'd like to know specifically where the regulator is, and the inductor.) I tried reading the schematic, but it wasn't very helpful for me.

Thanks.
Activity: 434
Merit: 265
February 05, 2014, 08:52:46 AM
I just want to thank you guys ... for the interesting and super exciting time I got with you and the bitfury chips since I started this thread in september ...

I will sell my bitfury rigs as long as there is still power in there mining capability (ebay) ... I got the rigs to 420 GH each with 12 slots occupied ...

best results with max. 3 slots filled each column ... I never achieved a stable full setup with 16 cards to go over 500 GH/s for a long period ...

but filled at 75% they are stable and run at 35GH each card ... let's see if the nextGen bitfury will be available for the community ...
Pages:
Jump to: