Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] cxboyminer BTC-Garden AM-v1 Setup Guide - page 3. (Read 18298 times)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Tru Reputation Network - Proof of Reputation
Magical, after changing the cables it went up a bit, then once I moved it to 4 it is where it is supposed to be. Thank you both. Had previously tried four but guessing there was a bad connection somewhere. It's working finally. Thanks again.

So if I purchase another one I need to have another raspberry I'm guessing, or is it possible to daisychain another 4?

Hi, bobsag3 is right  ==> 8 blades = 1 raspberry
You can ask btcgarden to buy a miner (4 blades) without RPI (40$ reduce).
He proposed that to me perhaps it's possible today too

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
Magical, after changing the cables it went up a bit, then once I moved it to 4 it is where it is supposed to be. Thank you both. Had previously tried four but guessing there was a bad connection somewhere. It's working finally. Thanks again.

So if I purchase another one I need to have another raspberry I'm guessing, or is it possible to daisychain another 4?

I think you can have up to 8 blades (4 miners) on a single Pi. I currently have 3x AM-V1 miners on a single Pi (6 blades)
correct
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
3D Printed!

I think you can have up to 8 blades (4 miners) on a single Pi. I currently have 3x AM-V1 miners on a single Pi (6 blades)
Activity: 392

3D Printed!
Thanks for the response, gonna have to bother you again...

It's supposed to go to 610 is says, but I have never crossed the 320 mark, which makes me think only half is working. I have it on a Corsair CM1000 PSU and on the cgminer settings I have it on board nums as 8.  My thought is the link cables are not working correctly. But I'm not certain.

Thanks again,
Prof

Hi you expect 610 you have 4 blades so you must have board nums at 4

Wink

What he said! I totally looked over that part.
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Tru Reputation Network - Proof of Reputation

It's supposed to go to 610 is says, but I have never crossed the 320 mark, which makes me think only half is working. I have it on a Corsair CM1000 PSU and on the cgminer settings I have it on board nums as 8.  My thought is the link cables are not working correctly. But I'm not certain.

Thanks again,
Prof

Hi you expect 610 you have 4 blades so you must have board nums at 4

Wink
3D Printed!

Thanks again,
Prof

Double and triple check your ribbon cable arrangement...you could have a bad ribbon cable but chances are they are not wired properly.

Thanks again,
Prof
Activity: 896
discard number is not relevant in garden miner. I got loads of discards but still mined at 310gh as well as making profit so i was happy with it.
3D Printed!
I have a question if someone is willing to help. My discarded to accepted ratio is insane. Is there something I'm doing wrong or does it just happen this way?

It's the AM - V2 but this is the only place that I find any similar details.

My 3x AM-V1 miners are pumping 910 Gh/s with 37K+ accepted and 77K+ discarded and only 47 rejected. My miners have been going strong awhile and the reported hash rate on the pool I mine with is pretty much on point.
I have a question if someone is willing to help. My discarded to accepted ratio is insane. Is there something I'm doing wrong or does it just happen this way?

It's the AM - V2 but this is the only place that I find any similar details.
Activity: 294
yes 7-05 me too I want to try the new one

I wouldn't. Allegedly overclocking is not possible in the new firmware

See the quoted post from a different thread below:

Looks like anything above 310 is disabled with the newest RPI image (07-19). Does anyone have a copy of the older image they could host?
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
yes 7-05 me too I want to try the new one
you need to edit also index.php and cgminer_update.php

anyway I am running mine at 340 very stable and happy Wink so far..

Which firmware are you running? I'm still running 7-05 and I get by with just editing the sh
you need to edit also index.php and cgminer_update.php

anyway I am running mine at 340 very stable and happy Wink so far..
OC section will be up soon.

Interested to see how they do... not exactly a lot of extra cooling comes installed out of the box.
I suggest not to OC for now, but will continue to make the OC section, since OC is very unstable right now. And as bobsag said, heat is an issue.

Bobsag and I have reported good luck overclocking to 320 and 330 (the default is 310) by simply editing the run.sh file.

Seems stable, cooling air output is still only warm so cooling doesn't seem to be an issue (bear in mind that I have upgraded the fans, though focused on noise not flow).

Interested to see how they do... not exactly a lot of extra cooling comes installed out of the box.
I suggest not to OC for now, but will continue to make the OC section, since OC is very unstable right now. And as bobsag said, heat is an issue.
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net

I appreciate that, can you please PM me. I need to OC it today possibly. But I do not know the clock values...
Pages:
Jump to: