Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] cxboyminer BTC-Garden AM-v1 Setup Guide - page 5. (Read 18298 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 500
5 Update Firmware
Updating the btcgarden firmware for Rpi is important if you want to control more units using 1 Rpi controller.
The latest version is 2014-07-05

To update the firmware, you need:
  • SD Card (should be given by BTC-garden along with the miner)
  • SD Card reader (either external or internal/laptop)
  • Internet connection
  • Win32DiskImager

Download Win32DiskImager here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/ We will need this to burn it into the SD card.

All the firmwares are at: http://pan.baidu.com/share/home?uk=3914243793

Download the latest compressed firmware (zip or rar) in the link above, and extract it using winRar, 7zip (etc.)

Then insert the SD card, and choose the .iso image in the Win32DiskImager as well as the correct drive to the card. Click flash -> yes.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Content
  • 1 Specs
  • 2 Packaging
  • 3 Setup
  • 4 Web Interface
  • 5 Update Firmware
  • Where to Buy

What a greate guide! Thank you cxboyminer for doing this for us Smiley

We are pretty sure the miner using in thie guide is our btcgarden-AM-V1

1 Specs
The BTC-Garden AM-v1 miner is one of the quietest miners right now in the market. It has the noice level of 85 decibels*. Each miner has 2 mining blades and each blade contains 16 40nm ASIC chips developed by Friedcat.

Chips32 (16*2) 40nm ASIC Chip
Hashrate~310GH/s
Power Consumption324W

2 Packaging
What you get in the package:

The foam paddings are strong and the cardboard box is tough. Overall the packaging is flawless for me.

The miner got 2 130mm fans to blow the heat released from the heatsinks. Because of the 2 130mm fans, the miner is effective and quiet.

3 Setup
To setup the miner, all you need is a power supply producing a wattage of more than 324W. I will be using the Corsair CX750 Bronze 80+.

Firstly, you need to paper clip the green and the black pins of 24-pin connector, like below:

As well as connecting the raspberry pi provided with micro-usb (for power), ethernet (for internet connection), SD Card provided (for OS) and the GPIO 26-pin to 8-pin wire (for the miner to connect to the internet and web interface)

Remember the 26-pin's red wires MUST be next to the yellow analog plug (on the right side from this view of your pi), otherwise it will not work!

There are 6-pin PCI-e plugs in each board, plug 1 6-pin PCI-e plug on each board in order to give power to the miner.

Connecting blades together
The following part is extremely important and if you do this wrong, your miner won't work.
There are directions when connecting the two blades together: top to bottom or bottom to top. Connecting it top to bottom is different from connecting it bottom to top.

Bottom to Top method
If you want to connect the Rpi to the top blade, then follow the picture:

Top to Bottom method
If you want to connect the Rpi to the bottom blade, the follow the picture:

The wire must connect the blades diagonally, and remember that the wire that connects the blade to the rpi always has to be on the right side of the two wires.

4 Web Interface
The web interface is extremely easy to navigate. The default ip address for the miner is 192.168.1.123.

cgminer tab

What you need to pay attention to is the board num row. If you are mining with one board, change that to 1. If you are mining with 2 boards, type 2 like above.

network tab

This is the default settings for the network tab. You have to change your router's internal ip to 192.168.1.1 in order to connect for the first time, at least. If you change the ip of the miner, you must remember it. If you forget it, then you will not be able to connect again.

cgminer status tab

This is the cgminer status tab. It's like any other web interface basically.
There is something wrong with one of my blades, but at least it's mining at 310GH/s. There is a high percentage of your miner working perfectly fine. Do not judge them with my stats.

Where to Buy
You can purchase the miner @ http://www.btcgarden.com
Some regions are starting to have resellers, please check the btcgarden am-v1 thread for updates: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/btcgarden-am-v1-down-to-053ghs-in-stock-for-international-selling-622439

Overall, my guide might not be as good as dogie's, but at least I tried Tongue Hope I helped.
Pages:
Jump to: