Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Blade Setup - page 2. (Read 580724 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Well thats never going to work. You're trying to put 700W+ through ONE cable which is designed for ~300W max. There isn't really a safe configuration in which you can draw the required power from a CX750M to a backpane.

Ok...so what would you recommend, then?  A bigger PSU?  One PCI-X for the Ground and one for the 12v? Something else entirely?  There's got to be some way to power the back plane without the room sounding like it's got a jet engine in the corner.

You could potentially get away with using two separate PCI-E cables branches, but that's really pushing the connectors to the limit which is the problem. Ideally you'd wire up each blade individually, the backpane was never designed for normal PSUs and so you have 2 screw terminals trying to do the job of 10.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Well thats never going to work. You're trying to put 700W+ through ONE cable which is designed for ~300W max. There isn't really a safe configuration in which you can draw the required power from a CX750M to a backpane.

Ok...so what would you recommend, then?  A bigger PSU?  One PCI-X for the Ground and one for the 12v? Something else entirely?  There's got to be some way to power the back plane without the room sounding like it's got a jet engine in the corner.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Right now, 6.  If I'm understanding your guide right - each blade needs 100w so the 750 should cover it.  Should. 

Took these last night.  It's connected to the PCI-X cable coming from the PSU

Right now, 6.  If I'm understanding your guide right - each blade needs 100w so the 750 should cover it.  Should. 

Took these last night.  It's connected to the PCI-X cable coming from the PSU
https://i.imgur.com/fLlJtaj.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5VaR6kC.jpg
legendary
dogiecoin.com
So, I've got the terminals wired and verified with multimeter that each screw is getting 12v, but nothing's happening.  I have the power jumper on both posts and I know this backplane works because I was using it with the HP psu.

Either the 750w Corsair PSU I got isn't providing enough power or I did something wrong with the wiring.  Any thoughts?  I'll post a picture of my wiring when I get home this evening.

How many blades?
So, I've got the terminals wired and verified with multimeter that each screw is getting 12v, but nothing's happening.  I have the power jumper on both posts and I know this backplane works because I was using it with the HP psu.

Either the 750w Corsair PSU I got isn't providing enough power or I did something wrong with the wiring.  Any thoughts?  I'll post a picture of my wiring when I get home this evening.
Roger that, thank you!
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Thanks for the guide, it's definitely been a help getting me setup!  I have a hopefully not stupid question:  I have 10 V2 Blades on a backplane and the HP server psu is too freakin' loud, so I want to use a computer psu to power it.  I see the two terminals on the backplane, one for 12v the other for ground.  Do I need to fill all 4 on both sides to power it or just two in each.

I'm kind of a visual person and having a hard time envisioning how this works.

Thanks!

All of them with at least 14AWG cable.
Thanks for the guide, it's definitely been a help getting me setup!  I have a hopefully not stupid question:  I have 10 V2 Blades on a backplane and the HP server psu is too freakin' loud, so I want to use a computer psu to power it.  I see the two terminals on the backplane, one for 12v the other for ground.  Do I need to fill all 4 on both sides to power it or just two in each.

I'm kind of a visual person and having a hard time envisioning how this works.

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Let the chips fall where they may.
If you or somebody else let the magic smoke out, there is no hope. I once recovered a damaged 486 chip by under-clocking it: all the magic smoke was still in the package.
Activity: 44
Is there any common reason to why a blade might die?
I have 4 defective blades collecting dust and I thought i'd give it a shot at repairing Tongue

Depends what stage of death. A multimeter would help.
I misplaced my multimeter, so i can't do much troubleshooting right now other than visual inspection. Two of them seem to have dark areas around the BE100 chips (and on the opposite side towards the heatsink) which suggests BBQ Tongue
legendary
dogiecoin.com
I have 4 defective blades collecting dust and I thought i'd give it a shot at repairing Tongue

Depends what stage of death. A multimeter would help.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Added anchor links to contents.
People, it's time to shut down your blades and cubes. They're obsolete, outdated, outmoded and out-classed. Turn them off and shove them to the recycle center.
I can recycle them for you.. Wink wink, nudge nudge Wink
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Let the chips fall where they may.
Last month I had some down-time after the network stopped for about a day. The temperature cycle was enough to cut power to the blade.

It turns out that I had mounted the power wires on the wrong side of blades in the screw terminals.  I was wondering why I had to turn counter-clock-wise to tighten Tongue

The blade has been working stably ever since I figured out I needed to put the wires on the other side of the terminal blades. I also was able to firmly tighten the connections by turning clock-wise. Smiley
legendary
dogiecoin.com
People, it's time to shut down your blades and cubes. They're obsolete, outdated, outmoded and out-classed. Turn them off and shove them to the recycle center.
Not for people with free(ish) power!

Nicely formatted version available at www.dogiecoin.com!
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Overhauled guide to modern style and added "what you need" section.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Can you guys please tell me where that manual reset switch/button on the Bitmain AntMiner S1 Dual Blade is ?. I went in the interface with 192.168.1.99 and changed my IP address, now I can't access the the devices interface at all. I need it reset back to its factory default.

-Thank you very much.   

Wrong thread, see here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-dogies-comprehensive-bitmain-antminer-s1-setup-hd-355387. Its a pretty obvious button though.
Pages:
Jump to: