Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Blade Setup - page 7. (Read 580724 times)

legendary
Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

did i supply you with all the appropriate pics?
Yes but you've not done any of your homework. The exact setup steps are in the OP. Set up your pool IP to the IP of your stratum proxy's machine, and your mining info.

i've been going through these guides step by step all day.. the pics I uploaded were all set back to factory defaults because I was having such a hard time I reset it all.. i feel shitty, but i've been trying really hard to understand all this, i swear.. if my homework could speak it would tell you that i've been writing all over it all day lol thanks again for helping me with this, i feel like a wiener not being able to follow these steps
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com

Yes but you've not done any of your homework. The exact setup steps are in the OP. Set up your pool IP to the IP of your stratum proxy's machine, and your mining info.
legendary

legendary
legendary
dogiecoin.com
legendary
issues here with the setup

here are my config screenshots:
http://coinking.imgur.com/all/

coinking's images are not publicly available.

how about this?

legendary
dogiecoin.com

coinking's images are not publicly available.
legendary

mining.proxy doesn't stay open like it did at first (after I changed the info in properties to: C:\Users\myname\Downloads\mining_proxy.exe -o stratum+tcp://tea.coin-pool.org:3331 -u myun -p mypw
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Run it at "Low" speed.  If that works, and you get failures at "High" speed, then you need to crank up the voltage. 

I have two Blades, one is perfectly stable at 1.15v, the other isn't so much and will need a bit more.  The second one intermittently reboots, and some of the chips X out.

I'm running mine off a Corsair CX750 - I was using an older Zalman 1000W unit before which didn't seem to like running with no 5v/3.3v load.  The new Corsair runs perfectly.

how did you hook it up to the blade? I have the same psu, did you need an adapter or did you strip the wires and use a molex adapter? I'm confused by this guide lol :[
Buy extenders and strip those. Then you don't have to damage your PSU
legendary
Run it at "Low" speed.  If that works, and you get failures at "High" speed, then you need to crank up the voltage. 

I have two Blades, one is perfectly stable at 1.15v, the other isn't so much and will need a bit more.  The second one intermittently reboots, and some of the chips X out.

I'm running mine off a Corsair CX750 - I was using an older Zalman 1000W unit before which didn't seem to like running with no 5v/3.3v load.  The new Corsair runs perfectly.

how did you hook it up to the blade? I have the same psu, did you need an adapter or did you strip the wires and use a molex adapter? I'm confused by this guide lol :[
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Where can I purchase a replacement power module for a v1 blade?

Thanks
Contact your reseller, then friedcat. Its likely you can't, and it would cost more to ship round the world.
NL5
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Where can I purchase a replacement power module for a v1 blade?

Thanks
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Quick question about cooling...

I have 9 blades on a backplane, all are running fine and cooling seems good enough from what I can see. I have six 120mm CoolerMaster "Sickleflow" fans pushing air across in one direction (3 push and 3 pull).

I have a 10th blade ordered and I'm not sure the air will push across as well on the end, lighting sucks but the pic below might help illustrate.

my question: should I buy some of those aluminum adhesive heatsinks for the blade on order? Or can I get by without them? Obviously, it will occupy the slot on the end of the backplane.

I would suggest this cooling setup is insufficient, you'd need something as large as a box fan to use a sideways blow configuration. I've tested this myself in several different variants.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
i have asic blade 10.7 GHS i want mining in site www.cex.io -what do I do ?
how config menu (ASICMiner Blade Setup)
Make a script file to change the proxy's pool to cex.io's pool address. Information in the OP.
Activity: 8
i have asic blade 10.7 GHS i want mining in site www.cex.io -what do I do ?
how config menu (ASICMiner Blade Setup)
http://www13.0zz0.com/2014/02/12/13/266744422.jpg
legendary
dogiecoin.com
I've had my AM Blade running since November 29th. I just noticed today that it turned off at some point. I think it's the PSU although it does power on for about five to ten seconds, then just powers off. I know it's not the surge protector because I tested directly in the wall and also get the same behavior. Has anyone had one of the Corsair GS800 PSU's go bad on them?

Or should it not work at all if it is indeed a bad PSU?

Appreciate any pointers. Thanks.
Sounds dead to me. Get a PSU tester, they cost about $5 off amazon
Activity: 2
I've had my AM Blade running since November 29th. I just noticed today that it turned off at some point. I think it's the PSU although it does power on for about five to ten seconds, then just powers off. I know it's not the surge protector because I tested directly in the wall and also get the same behavior. Has anyone had one of the Corsair GS800 PSU's go bad on them?

Or should it not work at all if it is indeed a bad PSU?

Appreciate any pointers. Thanks.
Activity: 13
I need help guys, after hashinh for several days my cables at the molex splitters started melting.  Huh
See the OP again, the recommendations is NOT to use a molex connector. Plenty of links and information there.

It would power ONE. Remember you can use the 4 pin ATX mobo cable for one, and if you have am 8 pin you can power two with 2x4 pin.
Thank you for all the hard work and effort you have put in the OP. Do you think that, cutting a 6pin connector would be sufficient to power 3 blades, as a replacement for the molex?

Thank you for the reply. The quote got messed up for some reason. The 6pin connect has 3 blacks 3 yellow wires, they wont be able to handle intensity of 3 blades?
No. Each pair of yellow wires is only able to provide about 75W before it becomes dodgy. You're asking 360W from ~110W of cables.

Once again thank you for the clarification. I will buy you a beer if i manage to get something out of my horrible investment.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
I need help guys, after hashinh for several days my cables at the molex splitters started melting.  Huh
See the OP again, the recommendations is NOT to use a molex connector. Plenty of links and information there.

It would power ONE. Remember you can use the 4 pin ATX mobo cable for one, and if you have am 8 pin you can power two with 2x4 pin.
Thank you for all the hard work and effort you have put in the OP. Do you think that, cutting a 6pin connector would be sufficient to power 3 blades, as a replacement for the molex?

Thank you for the reply. The quote got messed up for some reason. The 6pin connect has 3 blacks 3 yellow wires, they wont be able to handle intensity of 3 blades?
No. Each pair of yellow wires is only able to provide about 75W before it becomes dodgy. You're asking 360W from ~110W of cables.
Activity: 13
I need help guys, after hashinh for several days my cables at the molex splitters started melting.  Huh

Pages:
Jump to: