Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Bitmain Antminer S3 Setup [HD] - page 2. (Read 137411 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
sorted not sure how i did it took me 2 hrs to sort with a laptop lol

You lost the IP or interface so just reset it ..

There is a little pin hole in the back by the ethernet port.  Put a toothpick in there and hold for 5 seconds and release. Wait about 3-4 minutes to reboot, after reboot power down the power supply and reboot one more time. After it comes back up you will see it on the default IP which is 192.168.1.99

Some people needed to do this process twice but it always worked for me on the first shot.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Was it the reset that did it?  Or did you do something on laptop.  We like to have resolutions of what fixed it for others' to read and might help someone in future.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
hi guys got a quick question , i set the s3 to wan by mistake but didnt put in my wifi password or anything , now i cant pick it up at all on the 192.168.1.99 or cant even pick it up with a network scan

any tips thanks all

Have you tried reseting it?  That is the most common way to get out of a mess such as that.  That would be my first idea to turn to with a S3.
Activity: 112
hi guys got a quick question , i set the s3 to wan by mistake but didnt put in my wifi password or anything , now i cant pick it up at all on the 192.168.1.99 or cant even pick it up with a network scan

any tips thanks all
Problem solved. I'm sure many will be helped by this and my efforts to continue solving the problem.

It appears to be a warped heatsink problem from heat.  After removing it for the 3rd time I put it on the stove for a flat surface and you can see the raise in the center.  Only the ends make contact with the stove and the center is about 1mm off. The giveaway was that when I pulled the heatsink off the cpu I could see the paste wasn't as consistent in the center as the outer chips. It was barely or not even making contact. Now after fixing by tapping with a mallet, one board stabilizes at 45 while the other I shut down because it was reaching 55 at the same time.

Who the hells makes a 10" long heatsink ? This should have been 2 pieces.

So if you still have a loud fan and climbing temps after cleaning the dust check your heatsinks for proper contact and warping in the center. (banana effect)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
It is a problem. Nobody is complaining I'm documenting what I'm doing and hoping somebody has something to say, besides you who's clueless to anything other taking pictures and setting the ip.

5 miners operate 40c avg.
1 miner operates and climbs 2c every minute until the thing is spinning like a helicopter and goes above 60

if that is normal to you give your head a shake. 

Good luck.
It is a problem. Nobody is complaining I'm documenting what I'm doing and hoping somebody has something to say, besides you who's clueless to anything other taking pictures and setting the ip.

5 miners operate 40c avg.
1 miner operates and climbs 2c every minute until the thing is spinning like a helicopter and goes above 60

if that is normal to you give your head a shake. 
legendary
dogiecoin.com
I took it apart again and reworked it and same results.  This one definitely has a physical problem.  Either a hardware problem with one of the components or a heatsink warping problem.  I noticed all them had loose heatsinks but this one was tighter. I have tried loose and tight all produce the same results. Ever climbing temps until I shut it down.  I'm up to 57c after a few minutes and still climbing while the other 5 are at 41c.

I'm disappointed by those heatsinks.  Some had holes through them from the sheers or whatever they used to cut them down. Really bad quality and those springs are a joke, they belong on a ball point pen not a CPU.

You're complaining about a problem which isn't a problem, the temperature probe could be wrong for all we know. There is no risk at running at 57C and if it gets too hot it will turn itself off.
I took it apart again and reworked it and same results.  This one definitely has a physical problem.  Either a hardware problem with one of the components or a heatsink warping problem.  I noticed all them had loose heatsinks but this one was tighter. I have tried loose and tight all produce the same results. Ever climbing temps until I shut it down.  I'm up to 57c after a few minutes and still climbing while the other 5 are at 41c.

I'm disappointed by those heatsinks.  Some had holes through them from the sheers or whatever they used to cut them down. Really bad quality and those springs are a joke, they belong on a ball point pen not a CPU.
Yes its acceptable but way over what it used to be.. All of them used to run between 39-44 ..

now all run between 37-41 after the fix except this one which goes 45 - 49 - 52 - etc all the way until I shut it down at 60 because it sounds like a helicopter.   
legendary
dogiecoin.com
It is rising in temps about 1C every minute. It got to 60 and I shut it down. Has anyone ever had this. The others got faster and quieter after a clean and heatsink job.  I'm thinking one of them has the screws too loose or too tight on the heatsinks.

Those temps are still fine, thermal cutoff is way up there at 80.
I did the heatsinks and dust bunnies on all the miners but one S3 now has worse results.

It is rising in temps about 1C every minute. It got to 60 and I shut it down. Has anyone ever had this. The others got faster and quieter after a clean and heatsink job.  I'm thinking one of them has the screws too loose or too tight on the heatsinks.

got a couple up to 250/0770v with no prob but this one is heating up at 212.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Hey dogie do you know if my question above is even possible?  bridging two S3 together because the second one is missing a wifi antenna and has no internet.

I do not know, sorry.
Hey dogie do you know if my question above is even possible?  bridging two S3 together because the second one is missing a wifi antenna and has no internet.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
guys I have been trying for over a week now to get my s3 to mine it is hashing but giving 0 scoring hash all are stale what is first thing I should check?

Can you give us a screenshot of the status page please?
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
Is it getting enough power? What pool are you connected to?
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
guys I have been trying for over a week now to get my s3 to mine it is hashing but giving 0 scoring hash all are stale what is first thing I should check?
I need some help trying to bridge 2 x S3 units..  I only have one wifi antenna.

I'd like to have S3_1 on wifi as the input and share the internet access through port to port to S3_2. 

Is this even possible ? It looks like it is but every time I say bridge lan and wwan it doesn't come back up.
Activity: 71
Got access to WebGUI. Thanks everyone.

Pages:
Jump to: