Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Bitmain Antminer S3 Setup [HD] - page 29. (Read 137440 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Dogie, do you have instructions on how to change the frequency?  Seeing reports they're running better at 212.5. 

Thanks in advance, appreciate the great guides. 
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Great setup guide dogie any plans on covering wifi?

There is no WiFi on the S3?

There IS WORKING WiFi on S3, buddy... Wink

There is NO antenna for it, though... Grin

ZiG

Yeah it's as good as not there. Those willing to spend the time and money to mod their S3s will already know what to do - it would be a waste of time for others.

Dogie

Can you stop adding 15 line breaks between each few words please. And yes the wifi is useable if you're within a 15 foot radius and if you can point the open end of the fan roughly at your router. Else it drops out and you end up in a beepathon. You can't easily add an aerial so its best not to confuse users with it.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
★☆★Bitin.io★☆★
I like the guide.   I did a small how to on reducing the beep.

Simple easy low cost and fully reversible.

feel free to use the photos.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/a-few-photos-of-how-to-make-the-s-3-beep-less-annoying-701338
no other way than that.
if you do not want to speak noisy, you just come off its speakers: p
ZiG
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

ZiG

Yeah it's as good as not there. Those willing to spend the time and money to mod their S3s will already know what to do - it would be a waste of time for others.

Dogie,

I really respect all your time and effort spent on creating your GREAT guides...!

...BUT when you are WRONG...or NOT RIGHT...don't be stuck...or silly...just ACCEPT it...

Nobody is perfect...Capisco... Huh

Cheers

ZiG
legendary
dogiecoin.com

ZiG

It is possible if you have some extra hardware. It has the software for wifi already and just needs one of the below to work. I was getting a wireless connection during testing without a pigtail. Signal strength was ~50% with the case on and right beside my WAP.

That's it...!

I use some of my S1's leftovers WiFi antennas...Have to drill a hole ... Wink

ZiG
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

It is possible if you have some extra hardware. It has the software for wifi already and just needs one of the below to work. I was getting a wireless connection during testing without a pigtail. Signal strength was ~50% with the case on and right beside my WAP.

ZiG

ZiG
legendary
dogiecoin.com

Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Guide says something about attaching 4 pci e cables to power it? I thought this was only necessary for overclocking.

Strictly only 2 PCI-E connectors are required at stock speeds, however it will reduce cable temperatures by utilising all 4
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Guide says something about attaching 4 pci e cables to power it? I thought this was only necessary for overclocking.
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
Nice photo u put the s3 inside a mini soft box? I believe Grin. Btw I am going to buy some double side tape to cover that beeping hole. LoL

this would also work

http://www.amazon.com/Industrial-Grade-10G211-Felt-Round/dp/B007OXFEV6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1405904462&sr=8-4&keywords=3%2F4+felt+rounds

the speaker is about 1/2 inch as long as the round is bigger it will be easy to remove.

It only lowers the sound a lot.

Setting to false lowers the amount of beeps.

So both  makes the beeps bear able.

You can make it beep with a reboot and a setting of false.  

With a setting of true it beeps many times after a reboot.

The wife went from pissed off to okay after I did this pad mod. So it was worth it.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Nice photo u put the s3 inside a mini soft box? I believe Grin. Btw I am going to buy some double side tape to cover that beeping hole. LoL

Its a light box, and lots of post processing.
Activity: 392
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057
SpacePirate.io

I've still not managed to work out WHY it beeps, often just once and at random times with sometimes huge gaps between

Same beeping situation here, I think it's a bug. It almost sounds like the not-hashing alarm on the S1.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

I've still not managed to work out WHY it beeps, often just once and at random times with sometimes huge gaps between
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Great guide, Dogie...

few notes:
1. The guide calls it R3 at some point
2. ssh login/passwd is root/root, not root/admin
3. it refers to holding reset button to the left of LCD screen, which is relevant to S2, but not S3 (no LCD on S3). On S3 there is a pinhole to the right (if you are looking straight at ethernet port) of the pair of red and green indicator. The easiest way to do it (reset) is to push inside the pinhole for 5-10sec with a thicker paper clip.

All fixed.
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'

feel free to use the photos.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/a-few-photos-of-how-to-make-the-s-3-beep-less-annoying-701338
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
Great guide, Dogie...

few notes:
1. The guide calls it R3 at some point
2. ssh login/passwd is root/root, not root/admin
3. it refers to holding reset button to the left of LCD screen, which is relevant to S2, but not S3 (no LCD on S3). On S3 there is a pinhole to the right (if you are looking straight at ethernet port) of the pair of red and green indicator. The easiest way to do it (reset) is to push inside the pinhole for 5-10sec with a thicker paper clip.
Pages:
Jump to: