Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Bitmain Antminer S5 Setup [HD] - page 2. (Read 59228 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
I've ordered a single G839 Noctua NF-F12 Industrial PPC 3000RPM PWM 120mm High Performance Fan to try.
Do you still run your S5?  Does it still use this fan?  How did it perform?

I just picked up an S5 and will be looking to replace the fan with something a bit quieter.

I ran it with that fan for about 2 months then sold the S5 on.

It worked fine and was much quieter than the original fan at stock clock speed.

It's still working now as far as I'm aware. I haven't heard otherwise anyway, they're a good quality fan.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
I've ordered a single G839 Noctua NF-F12 Industrial PPC 3000RPM PWM 120mm High Performance Fan to try.
Do you still run your S5?  Does it still use this fan?  How did it perform?

I just picked up an S5 and will be looking to replace the fan with something a bit quieter.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
hi,
 I need to reset the password on the web interface of my s5. I don't know what it is. will a factory reset on the miner ( paperclip to press down and hold 5-10 seconds) do the trick and should I power down the miner first?
updateI got it by saying ( or typing it) out loud.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi Guys,

My s5 has been sick lately ever since Jan 1st.... online with no hashing.... Freezes quite frequently too...
I had to reboot regularly and changed to lower freq but still sick.
No bad chips. HWE% is very low. Latest FW. Temps 40s
Any ideas how to cure this puppy.... underclock? additional fans?
Perhaps it's the symptom to its old age....
I hate to write this off.... the S5 is still a very good workhorse.

Thanks
TMT

Can you give us a screenshot of the status page please?

UPDATE:

I gave the S5 a good cleanup - I got it used in the first place - so I cleaned the front and back fans, wd40 got rid the rust on fan grill, used a computer blower, changed PSU cables, mounted it vertically, like my other miners (S7), changed the network cable and port..... so basically gave it a good rub... and finally it runs and well, hashing at 400mhz for a full day now.

I guess, I didn't give it enough love like its older brother, the S7s.

BTW, Is there a way to add a 4th backup pool in the configuration page?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Hi Guys,

My s5 has been sick lately ever since Jan 1st.... online with no hashing.... Freezes quite frequently too...

Thanks
TMT

Can you give us a screenshot of the status page please?
Activity: 3
Yes I agree as a S5 owner the difficulty is too much. It started at 93+

The S5 was great though and now it seems to feel like my S1 when I replaced it with the S5. renting a S7 it definitely much better hash wise

Are you still using your S5 for anything or does it pretty much sit around now? I'm running mine for a week, then will be repurposing to either solo mining for the random chance it hits big, or to another coin. Really interested in what others are doing, since I'm not in the right spot to buy a new, bigger rig.
Activity: 721
Merit: 504
Yes I agree as a S5 owner the difficulty is too much. It started at 93+

The S5 was great though and now it seems to feel like my S1 when I replaced it with the S5. renting a S7 it definitely much better hash wise
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi Guys,

Thanks
TMT

What kind of numbers are you getting? Also, just curious, at what point are you pulling out of mining, since these S5s are getting so outdated? I'm getting about 0.0055 BTC/day right now.

Cheers,
-Flash

Around there or less depending on electricity costs.
I use my s5 for solo mining at ckpool and try my luck - even 1 lucky hit will pay off this puppy.
1TH is not that attractive anymore unless you are happy with 3-4 bucks per week.
Hi Guys,

Thanks
TMT

What kind of numbers are you getting? Also, just curious, at what point are you pulling out of mining, since these S5s are getting so outdated? I'm getting about 0.0055 BTC/day right now.

Cheers,
-Flash
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi Guys,

Thanks
TMT
Wow, this was perfect. Thanks so much Dogie!
legendary
Please note: I do only have this one running so doubt this fan would perform adequately in a multi miner / hot environment.

What is your ambient?

Today its about 13/14 degrees C or 55/57 F. Outside its 5 degrees C and there is no other heating on. Board temps are 53 C + 56 C and fan is running at 2280 rpm. Its keeping the chill nicely off my 10'x10' office and kitchen which it leads on to because the door is always open Smiley.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Please note: I do only have this one running so doubt this fan would perform adequately in a multi miner / hot environment.

What is your ambient?
legendary
For the record the Noctua fan has been working fine for over a week now. Much quieter than the stock fan Smiley.

At stock (350MHz) it runs at 2200-2400rpm and is probably half the standard fan noise.

Software showing no higher than 60 degrees, more like 54-58.

legendary
Been looking at high performance Corsair 120mm will they do the job?
..........  flailing air everywhere.

LoL ... you make it sound as if the S5 has a "Bounce House" blower attached to it ( I have one of those .... you could probably have 5 S5's lined up front to back with one of those blower feeding the first one. )

Just keep the cat and small dogs away from the intake.... they might get vacuumed up ....

Ha ha I've ordered a single G839 Noctua NF-F12 Industrial PPC 3000RPM PWM 120mm High Performance Fan to try.

Its rated as 4 pin, 3000rpm, 109.8 CFM lets see how that gets on Smiley.
Activity: 277
Merit: 250
..........  flailing air everywhere.

LoL ... you make it sound as if the S5 has a "Bounce House" blower attached to it ( I have one of those .... you could probably have 5 S5's lined up front to back with one of those blower feeding the first one. )

Just keep the cat and small dogs away from the intake.... they might get vacuumed up ....
legendary
dogiecoin.com

SP120s won't cut it in non cool ambients, S5 is just too open and relies on flailing air everywhere.
legendary
Can anyone recommend a pair of quieter fans please?

Activity: 277
Merit: 250
Has anyone got the Miner Link to work on their S5's

What's the trick?

on my two units, selecting on, filling in my registered email address and clicking the save & apply only makes it think for a few seconds and then it goes back to the off state

what is odd though, for the miner link server, it lists "www.minerlink.com" ... no specific port or sub page. Is this correct?

I'm using the very latest update with the fan control
legendary
dogiecoin.com
hello good day.. any one know that how i can do solo mining because i have 45Th/s and i want to found my own block... please guide me..thankyou

With only 45TH it'd take on average 70 days to find a block with no difficulty increases. That means there's a reasonable chance you will never find a block with your equipment - is that really worth the gamble?
Pages:
Jump to: